The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Inexpensive wild life/motion sensing camera options?

One of my dear friend's neighbors is chucking dangerous-to-dogs food over her fence. There have been at least three separate incidents, and it is very obviously deliberate. We are trying to find the least expensive option for a motion activated/wild life style camera. Ideas? Can we fashion our own? Any suggestions greatly welcomed.
    bar.ka think u al.l. susp.ect
    free bar.ka and tidy rabbit

I have a Scout Guard that with shipping was about $135.00. Compared to the others out there that was fairly inexpensive as the range goes past five hundred.

It's a very small camera and has very quick trigger times and will take video too. I found mine on Amazon.com. I'd suggest getting a security lock for it (you can order at the same time) because when it goes off and needs the flash it will alert the people that a photo has been taken.

I haven't resolved the problem yet - although there are many out there. Lots of trespassing during hunting season, and they simply steal the cameras.

But sounds as if this is in your friend's back yard, they could secure it where it can't be easily grabbed. Cabela's has lots.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/searc...h-All+Products

So sorry to hear she has such jerks around.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes