The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ariat Volant Paddock Boots.

Has anyone tried these out? I desperately need a new pair of paddock boots and Dover has them in my size for $100.

Anyone have experience with them? Comfortable? Hold up well?

I also bought them when they were on sale, and love them, very very comfortable. Can't say on longevity since I have only had mine for about 3/4 months, but I do like them.
    Posted with my Android smartphone.

Oh and they do run big. I usually wear an 8.5 or 9 for ariats, went with the 8.5 and have plenty if room.
    Posted with my Android smartphone.

I really like them. They are short compared to other paddock boots, so keep that in mind. I actually prefer the shortness and they work well with my Pro Chaps half chaps, but I know others complained about the height not working with other brands of half chaps. I have been wearing other boots for the winter (need waterproof and a little warmer), but the Volants will come back out again soon.

As the previous poster said, they do run big. I had to go to a 6.5 and I'm usually a 7.

Comfy! Bear in mind there are three types of Volant paddock... the XT (mesh and suede), the "regular" (all smooth leather) - both of these are below-the-ankle styles - and the Show Paddock, which is built like any other paddock boot, but with the gel footbed and a little more funk in the design.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa.Hare.Jones View Post
    Comfy! Bear in mind there are three types of Volant paddock... the XT (mesh and suede), the "regular" (all smooth leather) - both of these are below-the-ankle styles - and the Show Paddock, which is built like any other paddock boot, but with the gel footbed and a little more funk in the design.
    Guess that's relevant...I forgot there were so many now. I have the original "regular" ones.

I got them when they were on sale as well & really like them. I got my normal size & they fit fine.

Wow, I didn't know about the Volant Show Paddock. I like those. I may have to find a pair!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde