The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Default Healthy, packable hot dinners?

Thanks to someone (not me!) not thinking things through I will now be at campus from 3PM to 10PM twice a week with 3 15-minute breaks during that time. I am looking for ideas for healthy, easy-to-pack, filling meals that will stay warm and not lose consistency or flavor in a thermos (or alternatively, in a Mr. Bento- I covet this.)

I don't eat most vegetables (mushrooms, spinach, and carrots, but only raw carrots, are exceptions) nor do I eat beans or tuna salad. Anything else, including other fish, is fair game. Extra points if I can make it the night before in the crock pot. I've got some ideas- looking for things I haven't thought of!

Examples of stuff already on the list- chili, tortellini or ravioli packed separately from its sauce, peanut butter pork with rice.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

what about pulled pork? I have a great recipe for the crock pot, super easy you could something else with it like steamed carrots and a nice hunk of bread.

That is what sandwiches are for, I think?

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    That is what sandwiches are for, I think?
    I'm trying to get a warm dinner as most of the available places I'll have to eat are going to be outdoors and because I personally find a warm dinner a pleasure. It will be about the only pleasant thing about spending 7 hours at school thanks to somebody else's screw-up.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    I'm trying to get a warm dinner as most of the available places I'll have to eat are going to be outdoors and because I personally find a warm dinner a pleasure. It will be about the only pleasant thing about spending 7 hours at school thanks to somebody else's screw-up.
    Soups/stews keep warm in thermos ...
    Sorry you have to spend all that time learning.