The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I just got my new catalog from Classic Equine Equipment. They have some neat bridle and halter hooks in it. It doesn't look like they are on the website yet, but the catalog is online . Tack accessories are at the end, so you'll have to flip a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post

I found a really cool tack cleaning hook that I ordered and now would love to fine cool bridle hooks that will go with it. But I'm also realistic on cost. Anyway....I'm not having a ton of luck with online searches and hoping COTH has some great secrets they are willing to share

Here is the tack cleaning hook I got....I think it is really cool and if we have any wall space (not sure we will)...I'd love to get one of this guys sculptures too! http://www.tackhook.com/

(would really like to win the lottery!!!!)
    BFNE--I designed that tack hook and had him make it for me, then advised that there were lots of nutty horse-crazy girls out there like me
    Ask Ken to make you some hooks--he did all of mine and they are DEFINITELY going with me when I move next month!

Quote Originally Posted by FairWeather View Post
    BFNE--I designed that tack hook and had him make it for me, then advised that there were lots of nutty horse-crazy girls out there like me
    Ask Ken to make you some hooks--he did all of mine and they are DEFINITELY going with me when I move next month!
    Love it! I emailed him and he is going to "hook" me up
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Cool! I'm so glad to see people are buying stuff, he is a great guy! You can find him on my friends list, and his instagra, photos are great too. I soooooo want a farm sign

1 members found this post helpful.

He did work for me too, FairWeather! Love the hooks He just made a bronze one that's to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWeather View Post
    Cool! I'm so glad to see people are buying stuff, he is a great guy! You can find him on my friends list, and his instagra, photos are great too. I soooooo want a farm sign

I soo need to win the lottery....I want a sign too....
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

I guess I have to buckle down and figure out the fancy nice way to hang tack when my new tackroom is finished- but honestly- I loved my old redneck bridle hooks in my old barn- I just used quart paint cans (shiny clean unused ones) and screwed them into the wall. Originally I was going to tap the lids back on them to finish the front (would be a cute spot to glue a picture of your horse) but then I realized that the empty can makes a nice place to hold little things- like snaps and picks and keys. If you painted the silver cans the color you like- I really don't think they would look any less fancy than any product out there.

Plainandtall: I hear you! I could never justify $85 for a tack cleaning hook! (but I do admit if one CAN, his stuff is amazing) Just not where I can justify to plunk the $$$$.
    ayrabz
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem"
    --Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by ayrabz View Post
    Plainandtall: I hear you! I could never justify $85 for a tack cleaning hook! (but I do admit if one CAN, his stuff is amazing) Just not where I can justify to plunk the $$$$.
    My view is I'm building a pretty nice equestrian center. My tack room is nicer than my house. After spending the amount I am for the barn and indoor....an $85 tack hook is a tiny drop in the bucket YET it is something that people will see as soon as they walk into the door. Given how nice things are pulling together...it makes sense to me to spend money on something I will look at every day and just make things that more special.

here are the walls and tile that just went in....this is the tack room. Barn is 18 stalls with an attached indoor that will house a pros training business (I'm not the pro but just own the facility and will have my horses in there as well).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	37643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	37644  

Your place is stunning! Love it

Wow! Those windows are fantastic! Don't think for a second that I was suggesting that you use my redneck cans- I was just musing aloud about my own tackroom in the near future. Seeing your bright entry there reminds me a lot of some Martha Stewart episode I saw once where she was directing the spring cleaning of her barn- (which had lots of windows) I'm thinking her staff was from... Tibet? could that be? I wonder what her tack room looks like- I'd be curious just because harness racks are even harder to find than saddle racks- I bet she's got antiques.

I don't think you will ever regret money spent on beautiful details- especially not a custom made piece like that hook. It will make you feel like a queen every day!

http://www.themarthablog.com/2011/10...my-stable.html

Oooh- here I found the blog with the pictures- but no tack room pics. The windows remind me a lot of yours.

I want to edit this just to add that I feel like a schmuck for even bringing up Martha Stewart's barn in this discussion because ..well Martha's barn is so out of this world- it's not something most mortals even dream of- but I honestly was reminded of her barn when I saw the picture of your tack room door framed by those beautiful timbers and windows- I can't imagine how glorious they will be when the stickers are all off and the light is streaming in in the morning!

By the way- I discovered a wonderful window cleaning product after we just built a house with lots of windows- it's called "Ettore" and it's sold in the cleaning section of Lowes/home depo- it's a concentrate you mix with water and use with a squeegee- it works 10x better than Windex and you don't even need to use paper towels- just a cloth to wipe the squeegee blade and window sills.
    Last edited by Plainandtall; Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: schmuckyness

Tibet staff...LOL. Wouldn't that be nice. No, I'll probably be cleaning the windows I'm really excited how it is coming together....functional but nice (and I'm not made of money) have been my chant with my builder! (LOVE my builder...they are doing a great job).

This is the barn etc....I cried a bit when we first got mud on the clean aisle...but haven't broken out to scrubing like Martha probably would...it IS a barn after all!!! We have some horses there but it is still under construction (my baby horses and broodmares and horses not being ridden at the moment). I'll have to get some new shots of the outside if we ever have a sunny moment (the two outside shots are old)....there is a roof on the indoor now and the front is getting closer to being done. Biggest thing I want is the grass to grow in the fields but that is going to take some time!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	016.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	37645   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	37646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	37647   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	37649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	37650  

Quote Originally Posted by Plainandtall View Post
    http://www.themarthablog.com/2011/10...my-stable.html

Oooh- here I found the blog with the pictures- but no tack room pics. The windows remind me a lot of yours.

I want to edit this just to add that I feel like a schmuck for even bringing up Martha Stewart's barn in this discussion because ..well Martha's barn is so out of this world- it's not something most mortals even dream of- but I honestly was reminded of her barn when I saw the picture of your tack room door framed by those beautiful timbers and windows- I can't imagine how glorious they will be when the stickers are all off and the light is streaming in in the morning!

By the way- I discovered a wonderful window cleaning product after we just built a house with lots of windows- it's called "Ettore" and it's sold in the cleaning section of Lowes/home depo- it's a concentrate you mix with water and use with a squeegee- it works 10x better than Windex and you don't even need to use paper towels- just a cloth to wipe the squeegee blade and window sills.
    Thanks! Great tip. We have a Lowes near by...and have already become a regular there There will be a ton of windows in the indoor...power washer is high on my list of things to buy soon!

Martha's barn is out of this world! Mine (well mine and the Banks ) is going to be nice too but hopeful easy to work. So far so good. You can drop hay and straw directly into each stall. Most of the stalls (all but 4 interior stalls) have dutch doors. It is a bit on the cold side but very airy...which is what I wanted for the horses. Light and air was the main thing I wanted for the horses. I did break down and put in auto water for the stalls....I hate to carry buckets/break ice and cleaning them is quicker. I think the time saved in labor for them has been worth the cost. Horses seem to like the barn so far...can't wait for the ring to be done, fields to get established .....and just to be done with construction!!

Someone spilled varnish in my new aisle right after I finished building the current barn and I actually cried. The first hoof mark in the stall walls hurts too. After that it gets easier

Now, will you remind me of this when I start crying over the new barn getting dinged?
    Last edited by FairWeather; Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Stoooopid iPad

hey, please (!) note I love the hooks and admired them and said if I had the money I'd certainly go for em too! The barn is amazing and will be suitably dressed in the higher end hardware, no doubt!
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

hehehe...had to add, as an aside: here's a good comparison (my most recent FB status this morning
    " Grinning at myself, and my sad little life....what am I excited about today? Travelling to Chester VA to pick up a nice 14.8 c Ft. non working chest freezer for grain storage for my widdle ghetto barn. Plan on pimpin' it out (its white) with a cool taped off/painted black X crossbuck to match our barn doors/colors"
    ayrabz
    --Jimmy Buffett

BFNE-your barn is gorgeous!!!! I think your tack room has the same tile as my kitchen floor (excellent choice-it shows nothing as far as dirt and animal hair!)

ayrabz-I think we all get excited even if our barns aren't as exquisite as we'd envisioned. I prefer to think of my barn as "workmanlike" (to quote GM). It is amazing how the little touches will spruce up a place, though!