The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Some people may think that this event is just for supporters of the New York City Carriage horses. But I would disagree. I attended last year's event, knowing only that the horses I saw working in Central Park during my trip to New York in December of 2011 looked to be very well cared for. I knew nothing about the carriage industry in New York, and very little about the attacks they have been suffering for years. I went to the event with an open mind, to learn more and decide what I thought about the industry.

If you would like to know more about the New York City carriage horses, this is a fabulous opportunity.

As for my personal experience last year, I was impressed with the love and care these horses receive, and the amount of regulatory oversight in place to assure their well being. I was equally horrified by the ignorance of the protesters that harass the carriage drivers and their passengers, and frankly their borderline psychotic behavior.

I was introduced to Blue Star Equiculture, a non-profit in Massachusetts doing wonderful things for horses and humans alike.

And finally, I met a lot of really great people who share my love of horses, many of whom I have kept in touch with over this past year.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this year's event because of a family conflict, but I will be sure to be back in 2014 to catch up with the friends I made.

I am sure you won't regret it if you go!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

7 members found this post helpful.

I really, really want to go.....maybe I can find a way to make it happen (hoping....)
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

3 members found this post helpful.

It's really an event worth attending.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Amwrider View Post
    I really, really want to go.....maybe I can find a way to make it happen (hoping....)
    Am, if there is any way that you can swing it, you won't regret it, I promise! And on a personal level, you already know so many of us, and we are dying to meet you and have some fun!
    VP Horse & Carriage Association of NYC

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...ref=ts&fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by michaleenflynn View Post
    And on a personal level, you already know so many of us, and we are dying to meet you and have some fun!
    This!
    Most people don't need a $35,000 horse. They need a $1,000 horse and $34,000 in lessons.

"I don't have to be fair… . I'm an American With a Strong, Fact-Free Opinion." (stolen off Facebook)

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    Some people may think that this event is just for supporters of the New York City Carriage horses. But I would disagree. I attended last year's event, knowing only that the horses I saw working in Central Park during my trip to New York in December of 2011 looked to be very well cared for. I knew nothing about the carriage industry in New York, and very little about the attacks they have been suffering for years. I went to the event with an open mind, to learn more and decide what I thought about the industry.

If you would like to know more about the New York City carriage horses, this is a fabulous opportunity.

As for my personal experience last year, I was impressed with the love and care these horses receive, and the amount of regulatory oversight in place to assure their well being. I was equally horrified by the ignorance of the protesters that harass the carriage drivers and their passengers, and frankly their borderline psychotic behavior.

I was introduced to Blue Star Equiculture, a non-profit in Massachusetts doing wonderful things for horses and humans alike.

And finally, I met a lot of really great people who share my love of horses, many of whom I have kept in touch with over this past year.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this year's event because of a family conflict, but I will be sure to be back in 2014 to catch up with the friends I made.

I am sure you won't regret it if you go!
    What an awesome post, Tarheel, thank you SO very much!

Can't believe it's only three weeks away!
    Most people don't need a $35,000 horse. They need a $1,000 horse and $34,000 in lessons.

"I don't have to be fair… . I'm an American With a Strong, Fact-Free Opinion." (stolen off Facebook)

1 members found this post helpful.

Too far away to go have fun there, but if I ever get to NYC again, I will make a point to go on a carriage ride and do a bit of visiting.

Y'all have fun for those of us that can't be there.

i really want to go this year, as last year i could not afford it. i hope to get my place sold this weekend--yes i am am being extremely optomistic!! and if so i'll be there with bells on.

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    i really want to go this year, as last year i could not afford it. i hope to get my place sold this weekend--yes i am am being extremely optomistic!! and if so i'll be there with bells on.

Dedication, I'd say! Selling the house to attend Clip Clop!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Dedication, I'd say! Selling the house to attend Clip Clop!
    ha!! you have no idea how sad i was last year to have to skip it, this year i want to go even more!

Quote Originally Posted by suz View Post
    ha!! you have no idea how sad i was last year to have to skip it, this year i want to go even more!
    There are a bunch of folks taking the train from Massachusetts or driving; hotel is $209 for a double. PM michaleenflynn and she can probably put you in touch with others looking to share the road.

Well, and if I read things correctly on the ClipClopNYC web page, bunking four people to a room (two beds) only adds $20 or $30 to the total cost. $60 per person for a hotel in NYC isn't that bad. But I think you have to secure your reservation by March 10, so only a few days left and then the rooms are back up -- on the north side of $300.

I am so REV-ed for this year! All signed up and paid up and getting ready to pack :-) Only a couple of weeks to go.

My understanding is that there is not a lot of space left for the barn tours, so if you are planning on going, sign up NOW: http://clipclopnyc.com/

Hey everyone - in case you missed the wonderful news: Mane 'n Tail is now an official sponsor of the NYC carriage industry's event, ClipClopNYC 2013!!

5 members found this post helpful.

Only 20 spots left for the stable tours!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Too far away to go have fun there, but if I ever get to NYC again, I will make a point to go on a carriage ride and do a bit of visiting.

Y'all have fun for those of us that can't be there.
    Bluey, if you ever get to NYC, I promise you your own private stable tour

Quote Originally Posted by TheBarnRules View Post
    Hey everyone - in case you missed the wonderful news: Mane 'n Tail is now an official sponsor of the NYC carriage industry's event, ClipClopNYC 2013!!
    And it took the crazies mere hours to set up a hate page in response:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mane-...67047426743059
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns

Quote Originally Posted by MandyVA View Post
    And it took the crazies mere hours to set up a hate page in response:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mane-...67047426743059
    could not find anything to blame them with but homophobic good grief....

really?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Yeah, I'm sure the horses wish they did not need to fear intolerance for their views on things like same sex marriage.
    \"Non-violence never solved anything.\" C. Montgomery Burns