The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Clay Ryder's Starving TB's

Hey everyone,

Many of you will already have seen the thread previously posted (I can't remember who posted it - sorry!) regarding these neglected TB's in Louisiana. If you aren't familiar with the story, please see this page for a brief synopsis and links to articles, photos, and videos: http://fuglyblog.com/

I'm organizing a media campaign right now to try and get something done about this awful situation. I hope that some of you will add your voices to this cause - if everybody makes some noise at once, maybe we can get something done, yeah?!

It just takes a brief second to forward the info to your local news station, and the resulting attention may be the catalyst for some action. Send them the link I provided above, or see this page: http://fuglyblog.com/2013/02/18/ryde...edia-campaign/ and e-mail one of the news stations who has already received the info.

Any suggestions on where to take this are also very much appreciated.

Thanks a ton for looking, everyone.
    Last edited by 0ntario; Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

4 members found this post helpful.

Will do what I can, thanks for keeping us posted!
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406

1 members found this post helpful.

Will help as well. Thanks!
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Emailed 6, I will try more tomorrow.
    Please support S. 1406 to amend the Horse Protection Act and Prevent all Soring Tactics to the Tennessee Walking horse!
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/s1406

Gonna bump this to a friend of mine down by Houston as well...

Is this a legitimate poster with a real, legitimate, APPROPRIATE 'campaign'? We've been BURNED before...

Quote Originally Posted by nightsong View Post
    Is this a legitimate poster with a real, legitimate, APPROPRIATE 'campaign'? We've been BURNED before...
    See above post by the original poster. She is the list owner of the FuglyBlog, which has been online for some years now, and this is a running post for the last few. You'll have to check out the material she has and decide what you will do. The main purpose of that blog is to try to make things better for horses all over, but there are sometimes other posts. The founder of the blog was huge on equine humane issues and humane husbandry and training techniques.

Hi nightsong,

This is my first post on COTH, but I've been a long time lurker.

Like RubyTuesday said, I'm the owner of www.fuglyblog.com

I live in Ontario, Canada, and have no affiliation with either of the rescues involved, and no dog in this fight - I just want to see the horses seized, and some action taken against the owner.

A tip was sent to me about this case through e-mail, and through subsequent searches I found other news articles.

I've spoken directly with the sheriff's office (the sheriff won't speak directly to many people himself about this case, apparently), the president of Louisiana Horse Rescue Association, Donna Keen of Remember Me Rescue, the Natchitoches DA, and several individuals who have been trying to raise awareness the same way I am.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me... I promise I'm real!

5 members found this post helpful.

Absolutely 100% legitimate. Ontario is doing a wonderful job with the Fugly Blog (IMHO, better than anyone else has since the original owner left) and in the tradition of FHOTD, is working hard to help these horses in LA. Please read some of the material and consider adding your voice to the crowd demanding action on behalf of these TBs! They have suffered far, far more than they should have already.

[Ontario - you know me as LostMyMarbles on the blog. ]

3 members found this post helpful.