The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Do you like change?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love change, love new ideas, love diversity of ways of accomplishing things

13 38.24%
  • I'm okay with change as long as it doesn't affect me much

3 8.82%
  • Change is okay if it is my idea and/or I completely agree with it

10 29.41%
  • I hate change and it makes me tense/frightened.

8 23.53%

Default So do you like change?

I am thinking about how so many people I know dislike change. Just hate, hate, hate any sort of change be it at work or at home or even the set up of a grocery store (heh).

Do you?

I like change and I stick out at work because of it. I work in a heavily union environment where change is considered bad and scary and sticking with "what we have always done" is what people are comfortable with. I have a good friend who also likes change, maybe two now I think about it. My boss likes change and so does my peer (this is a reflection of a new direction the college is heading and a change in itself).

There can be folks who get hysterical because of a systems or reorg change that either has nothing to do with them or eases their work load, it's the dangdest thing.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.

While I like having a home space to retreat to, I love change. Heck, in my job I change locations and job titles/positions every 2-3 years. I love traveling to new places, I love trying new foods, I love new challenges. Even if I don't actually like the new thing itself, I like that there is a new thing - I couldn't do basically the same job at the same place for years and years.

2 members found this post helpful.

yeah, COBOL and FORTRAN were OK for me all this ever changing little icon stuff drives me nuts ...and what was wrong with punch cards?

I love change. You, of course, need consistency in life or you go a little crazy, but you can't grow without change, and you can't stay the same. So, you either grow bigger by being challenged by change, or smaller for avoidance of change. You can never stay the same. So, scary but growing is good.

Generally, I love change, or I am starting to anyway. The more I get to see that change = growth, the more I tend to look forward to it!

No, I do not like change...my basic nature is to be stressed by it. But, I have learned to embrace it, and even make a living at it, because it is going to happen any way

1 members found this post helpful.

I love change except for new cars. I hate new cars.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Canaqua View Post
    No, I do not like change...my basic nature is to be stressed by it. But, I have learned to embrace it, and even make a living at it, because it is going to happen any way
    You and me both

I'm kind of like a horse. I like and thrive on routine. I can handle new/changing demands at work pretty well and like learning new things, but overall I like routine and predictability. Which means I'm sort of boring, but I'm ok with that.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

as long as i have a long enough lead time to adjust, i'm ok. but even if not, i usually manage to get myself back on an even keel within a day or so.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

Big changes like location, house, job, etc...I don't mind it as long as I have somewhat of a head ups. We moved around a lot when I was a kid, so I kind of have a 'meh' attitude about it.

However, I have a pretty set morning routine, wake up, let dogs out, make coffee/english muffin, put contacts in, let dogs in, wake up to some internet surfing while I eat breakfast, get baby up at 7... then I'm ready to go. If a wrench gets thrown in that... I'm a beast for the rest of the day.

My in-laws, OTOH, have been living in the same house for 40 years, working the same jobs they did when they got out of high school 40 years ago, and eating the same rotation of things every day since they set a dinner schedule 40 years ago. You should have seen the looks I got when I offered to bring a pot roast one Sunday, instead of the usual chicken!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I don't fit into any of the categories for answers above.

I don't HATE change. I accept that change happens, and I easily adapt to change.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I like change. It has put me on a path in life that is not the one I expected...it's better.

I also enjoy complaining at times. Change that does not meet with my approval gives me something new to complain about. Win/ Win!
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

I think change can be a really positive thing. However, you may have to do a little bit of convincing for me to buy it