The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Louise, I liked that color so much I used it in my living room, too.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but I'll copy the label that's on the (Behr) bucket:
    Premium Plus eggshell enamel
    COLORANT OZ 48 96
    L Raw Umber 0 33 1
    R Exterior RE 0 33 1
    T Medium Yell 6 3 0

Hope this helps!
    Ottbs - The finish line is only the beginning!

We've done some work in our kitchen. Ours is a very small galley kitchen - a one-butt wonder. But to eke out a little more counter space we installed a hood microwave, which meant raising the cabinets, which mean replacing the backsplash. New range/oven comes today and new linoleum will be installed next week.

DH is going to restain the trim on the cabinets to coordinate with the backsplash tile and will likely install under-counter lighting.

At some point we'll get a new sink, cabinets and counter but not this year. Maybe never. We're really liking how this is turning out.

Love everyone's pics! I have a running list and recently redid our hall -- tore out the ugly old wallpaper, re-finished the drywall and painted a chic warm grey.

Next I am allocating budget to redesign my living room. My couches were selected for a Victorian apartment and are so cat-scratched the foam is coming out the back, so it is finally time for them to go. My house is a midcentury modern so I basically need to start from scratch. Which is fun, but daunting as it is outside my comfort zone design-wise.

I've been haunting websites looking for the perfect MCM sectional/couch set but don't like anything out there that is reasonably affordable, apparently. Sigh. The ones with nice design lines don't seem to come in kid and pet-friendly microfiber.

Quote Originally Posted by sophie View Post
    Hi Louise, I liked that color so much I used it in my living room, too.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but I'll copy the label that's on the (Behr) bucket:
    Premium Plus eggshell enamel
    COLORANT OZ 48 96
    L Raw Umber 0 33 1
    R Exterior RE 0 33 1
    T Medium Yell 6 3 0

Hope this helps!
    Thank you!
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

We bought a fixer upper and we are doing the whole thing from top to bottom. Right now we are in the process of mudding the basement drywall before we can move on to finishing it up. Then we can move to the upstairs. The whole thing is getting a face lift. New floors everywhere, new cabinets everywhere, new walls in some areas and a new bath in the basement. New fixtures, new paint, new lighting, new decking, we're even building a screened in porch. We've given ourselves a year to do it all and we are doing 90% of the work ourselves.

I am contanstly in the throws of some DIY project. Right now - it's the floors - I ripped out the carpet and am patching/scraping the cement slab and am going to stain and seal it. Talk about work! I went to the dump on my way into my office job this morning to throw away all the nasty carpet. BARF BARF BARF!!!