The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I guess when one shouts at the intruder locked in the loo, one does not wait for an answer either. And of course, there is no consideration as to whether firing through a door on some unknown person locked in your loo might have adverse consequences for both parties. I'd say that the defense has a good bit to heavy lifting to do.
    Where Fjeral Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

I guess when one shouts at the intruder locked in the loo, one does not wait for an answer either. And of course, there is no consideration as to whether firing through a door on some unknown person locked in your loo might have adverse consequences for both parties. I'd say that the defense has a good bit to heavy lifting to do.

And how is an intruder locked in your bathroom an imminent danger to you? I can see hanging there with your gun waiting to see if they appear again, but would that not be the time you call the police, while they are safely locked away?

1 members found this post helpful.

sorry.what I meant was that because trial by press is damning, it would be great to wait until the trial to pass judgement. And I prefaced the part about not knowing about the SA system because I don't. The fact that it does happen here, as I mentioned, and it becomes a feeding frenzy, does not make a great thing. Sure, I respect the freedom of the press always, but i don't necessarily like it in these cases, because it can make it very, very hard for anyone to keep an open mind. As we can see. Sure, the defense has a hard job, and I guess we'll see how well they do in the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by lilitiger2 View Post
    sorry.what I meant was that because trial by press is damning, it would be great to wait until the trial to pass judgement. And I prefaced the part about not knowing about the SA system because I don't. The fact that it does happen here, as I mentioned, and it becomes a feeding frenzy, does not make a great thing. Sure, I respect the freedom of the press always, but i don't necessarily like it in these cases, because it can make it very, very hard for anyone to keep an open mind. As we can see. Sure, the defense has a hard job, and I guess we'll see how well they do in the trial.
    I'm not so sure the "damning trial by press" always works. Perfect example is Casey Anthony, who was pretty much reviled by the entire American public and raked over the coals in the press; she walked free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadenz View Post
    I'm not so sure the "damning trial by press" always works. Perfect example is Casey Anthony, who was pretty much reviled by the entire American public and raked over the coals in the press; she walked free.

Yep. And the one thing I know for sure about the CA case (and a few other notorious cases where the defendent walked) is that I was not there! I have no idea if she did or did not do it, obviously the court felt the case against her was not proven. As far as the press, I think she has had to go into hiding or something.

Really, I am not damning all conversation about a case, but when they are big and sensational and involve well known people, it seems like the potential for forming judgement based on whatever the latest rumor is, is huge. And the press could well be right. This guy could be a monster who planned and executed his GF. But there very well could be other narratives about this that are not known at all yet, for various reasons. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Only way that dude is gonna get off from mistaking her as an intruder, is if he was protecting his nursing 1 month old baby (nursing on him btw) while locked in the "loo" (funny word), shot through the door, all while he was on the phone with 911 recording, and was still in the loo nursing his infant child when the police and paramedics showed up. Oh, and he only shot one, or two bullets, and was hysterically crying the whole time on 911 and when the paramedics and police showed up.

He will have a tough time in jail. They better start making his cell wheelchair accessible.

Gee doesn't he have a dog?

Evidence I read indicates that she attempted to defend herself with a cricket bat, was shot in the hip, fled to the bathroom and locked herself in and was sitting on the sink when he fired through the door and killed her. Blood trail and ballistics should indicate this. Obviously not a case of mistaking girlfriend for intruder.

I'm waiting for the 'roid rage defense.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

I'm waiting on nothing. What this man did concerns me not in the least. I have bigger things to worry about than an accused murderer in a country half a world away.

Just a different take on all this.