The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Used Point Two Air Jackets?

Question - Given that Point Two Air Jackets are "safety items", is it acceptable to buy and sell them used?

I'm not an eventer and know next to nothing about the jackets (other than there seems to be frequent controversy on here). I'm just helping a friend sell a bunch of un-needed items, but don't want do something irresponsible/incorrect out of ignorance.

Thank you in advance!

There appears to be an imminent change in the manufacture of the inflation/trigger mechanism, and from what I can see it's not exactly clear as to who would, in the future, be servicing the "old" vests. So if I was looking to buy a used one I'd be waiting for the dust to settle on that question. No point buying a vest that nobody can service or provide parts for.
    Click here before you buy.

"Helite" is the manufacturer of the PointTwo vests until PointTwo, "broke the contract." Christophe Thevenot was at Rocking Horse this weekend, and is nephew of the owner. They are now selling the original vest under the Helite name. Their retail pricing starts at $549.95 for black vest and $749.95 for colors. US phone is 352-209-2949. Tell Christophe that ."The Kurtz guy from Rocking Horse" gave you his info. Jeff

I think there's no current guideline about discarding them after a fall or anything like that, so I think it would be appropriate to sell them used with full disclosure as to date of manufacture etc.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by kurtzinpa View Post
    ...Jeff
    The preceding advertisement was brought to you by, Jeff.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thanks Poltroon. I appreciate the response. I thought that would be the case, but I didn't see any used ones on the (admittedly very limited) occasions that I checked on eBay, etc., so was curious.