The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The "new" collegiates...anyone have experience?

I have been looking at getting a new saddle, and have thought of getting another Collegiate Alumni (I used to have one and loved it...fairly sure it will fit the new horse as well, so looking at that idea)...but, in doing my searching, I have seen that there is a new line of Collegiates, ie, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, etc, etc.

Thinking of the Gamma...but, I cannot find much insofar as reviews or real information. Have any of you seen one or tried one out? Are they worth it?

Thanks in advance!

Edited to add: that I just discovered the Collegiate Beta with covered leather that has "pencil knee rolls"...I tend to prefer less under my knee, so perhaps this is a better choice? Again, has anyone had experience with this model as well?

ok, bumping this...NO one knows about the new Collegiate line or has an opinion? Saw that Stateline Tack is OUT of two of the new line completely, so someone is buying them...

Anyway, hoping someone's seen or experienced the new line OR the "old" line's Alumni model...thx!