The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Run in shed plans for a beginner?

Hey all...my horse shelter was destroyed in the blizzard we had last week, and i'm left scrambling to build a new run in shed. Does anyone know of any beginner friendly run in plans I could buy on the internet? I'm willing to pay up to $100 for plans if they are extremely detailed. I need a 10x12 run in shed...could go 10x10 or 12x12.

You could get a Klene pipe kit. For a little bit more they contract with Lowe's to deliver all the wood, the screws, and the exterior sheathing, plus they have a DVD that walks you through the process. They are also supposed to be easily moved around the property.

http://www.klenepipe.com/
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

I was looking at their site...any idea what they charge for a 10x12? I emailed for a quote just waiting for a response

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydutch View Post
    I was looking at their site...any idea what they charge for a 10x12? I emailed for a quote just waiting for a response
    They sent me a brochure last fall with prices. The cost varied by style and if you ordered finish materials.

The 10'x12' Maverick style turnout shed was about $3300 including finish materials and about $1500 for just the pipe frame. The "stall kit" style that allows you to link them together was a little more.

The Wrangler style shed has a 12' x 12' model that was just under $3000, including finish materials.

All the prices I was quoted last fall INCLUDED delivery to my area.

We ended up building our own 10'x24' 2 stall shedrow barn. It cost us a little over $1000 (all new lumber and materials) and took us about a month of weekends to build with the two of us. My husband designed the barn himself, although he referenced many of the plans found on this site:

http://www.lsuagcenter.com/en/our_of...g_Plans/horse/

There are other university-based sites very similar to that one if you search, and they're all free!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

1 members found this post helpful.