The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dansko Vail boots- anybody riding in them?

Love to hear opinions about the Dansko Vail boots. Saw them in the Dover catalog, and they have them on Zappos where I have a credit. Love a pull on paddock and need a new pair.

Thanks!

Happy riding,
    Jessie

They don't look like something I would ride in--but for barn work, they look good. My dansko clogs are SO amazingly comfortable...if the boot is anything like them, I'd say go for it
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

I have some old ones, that they don't make any more.

I ordered from Amazon some of those last month and the pair that came had one crooked boot, your foot was leaning way in.

Never tried the other one, sent them back, now trying to decide what to do to replace the ones I use every day, all day long, for everything.

Now, for riding more than a bit, I use cowboy boots, that give more support and tend to be safer, I think.

I also have been eyeballing those in the Dover catalog, but am afraid to order some again, my luck tends to run low right now.

Nice to see that perhaps Dansko is trying to inch back into the paddock boot market (I hope!!) but man do these things have terrible reviews on Amazon. I would proceed with caution, if you do at all.

After checking reviews on Amazon and Zappos, I decided to not buy them. Since I did not care for Blundstones after trying make them work, I'll deal with the Dublin Venture a bit longer. Okay boots, but you feel each little rock you walk on. Plus, they have seen their better days. I think much like running shoes, if I find a pair I love I will buy two.

Thanks for the input shopping with informed Coth input is always better.

Happy riding,
    Jessie and the Stinky Pony aka Bosco