The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Blitz builders, anybody use them for a barn?

Looks like we will have to build a barn and was looking at Blitz builders. Has anybody used them or even heard of them? I think they are out of Shelbyville, KY. Thanks, this whole getting our own farm is kind of overwhelming! (but fun)

I haven't been on this board forever, but just happened to see this post when I logged in! We used them and had an absolutely MISERABLE time. It was horrible. The barn failed inspection and they wouldn't fix the problems. The crew was horrible. The "salesman" sold us the barn we wanted with the exact plan/layout we designed. The barn was delivered and the crew showed up and all of a sudden they couldn't do what was planned because "it just wasn't possible". They just messed up tons of stuff- dutch doors crooked, latches on the wrong parts of the doors, built the overhang too low so when we told them it needed fixed because it was too low for horses they literally cut pieces of wood and shimmed them between the support posts and the overhang roof. It was absurd. They acted like we were crazy for saying it was not ok. They were just so absolutely rude. I would never ever use them again and figured it was the luck of the draw with a cheaper builder. Your crew might be great though.