The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDeere View Post
    Caballero I dont event/jump except logs & puddles, he might be a great endurance horse to but thats not what I do & it would look strange to put prospect down for endurance/whatever when hes never done it.
    Your words:
    he is very safe for a rider who likes spirit & go
    Well, eventers and jumpers like that, so he might be a prospect to them.

A prospect is a horse that shows potential, not one that is confirmed at something.

Look, do what you will. People are trying to help you by thinking outside of your trail rider box but all I see in return are reasons why those suggestions won't work.

Good luck to you.

I might have missed something. Is he registered? If so, the local AQHA club would be a great place to advertise. If he isn't, I think maybe ask your trainer if she would be willing to work with him and take a commission? I know you said you didn't want to ask her, but what if she has hurt feelings because you sold him cheap when she could have helped you?

There's a facebook group called Just Hunters, Jumpers, and Equitation Horses for Sale or Lease that gets a lot of traffic. I would post him there.

1 members found this post helpful.

Pleasurehorse.com
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'll second equinenow.com. That's my favorite place to browse.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Warmbloods-for sale has a separate western section.
    I didn't see what he does, Reining, WP, etc...
    But all of those associations have classifieds.

If you are willing to spend some money Professional auction services have a good sales record both public & on-line.

Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    Your words:

Well, eventers and jumpers like that, so he might be a prospect to them.

A prospect is a horse that shows potential, not one that is confirmed at something.

Look, do what you will. People are trying to help you by thinking outside of your trail rider box but all I see in return are reasons why those suggestions won't work.

Good luck to you.
    Not trying to shut people down, I didnt know that eventers/jumpers like that since I dont do it. The horse Im talking about is not my QH but my other gelding for sale.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

Quote Originally Posted by microbovine View Post
    I might have missed something. Is he registered? If so, the local AQHA club would be a great place to advertise. If he isn't, I think maybe ask your trainer if she would be willing to work with him and take a commission? I know you said you didn't want to ask her, but what if she has hurt feelings because you sold him cheap when she could have helped you?
    He is papered, where can I find out local club info? Ive seriously only known a few QH ever so this is like living in Nepal. Trainer is already working with him but I will ask if nothing has sold by end of month, somethings got to move sometime.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker

I am sorry but I don't think I saw what he is specifically trained for....reining, cutting, sorting, etc? My girlfriend sold her great QH, trained in reining but primarily used for trails, for $10,000. He was listed on craigslist and Dream Horse. I think the buyer actually came from craigslist.

How about the trainer who broke and trained him? If they are worth their salt they have people in the wings looking for a horse that said trainer can vouch for.

Free photo ads: http://www.horseshowcentral.com/

Good luck!

QH I dont want to say what he does so this doesnt get baned for an ad. I will hafta check on who broke him I dont know for sure.

My only other thought is specific breed auctions in your area. Up until this year their was a QH specific sale in Raleigh, NC. I think it was $500 to run your horse through and you could No Sale if you chose to. It is my understanding that many of these auctions are now online.