The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Possible Cheap but Nice Breeches?

Has anyone tried these? They seem pretty similar to the TS Trophy but you know under 100 bucks, does anyone have them? (they also come in low rise and side zip)
    http://www.jefferspet.com/on-course-...qu/cp/0040701/
    My Horse Show Photography/ Blog

wow yeah, they look exactly like trophy hunters! I'd be interested as well in reviews on these!

I don't know about those but I know some people who have the Equine Couture Champions (in a Euro seat side-zip style here, but they have non-Euro seat too) and they look awesome! Only way I knew they weren't TSs was the EQ logo on the knee patch, and when you're riding who can tell? I think I'm gonna buy a pair soon.

They're made by the same company that makes the Riding Sport Competitor II at Dover, which is usually $50 on sale. That's my recollection, anyway.

Riding Sport fits a lot like the low rise trophy hunter front zip. Material is similar but not quite as nice, still, for $50 I am OK with that.

The Great White North, where we get taxed out the wazoo

I have had Pytchleys and they were extremely similar to TS. Only problem with the one pair was thay as they got old the facing in the waist band started to poke through where the stitching was and got really prickly and uncomfortable.

i have a student/boarder that has something very similar to these, if not these exact ones, and she loves them! they tend to be a little baggy, but very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by 541hunter View Post
    I don't know about those but I know some people who have the Equine Couture Champions (in a Euro seat side-zip style here, but they have non-Euro seat too) and they look awesome! Only way I knew they weren't TSs was the EQ logo on the knee patch, and when you're riding who can tell? I think I'm gonna buy a pair soon.
    Equine couture breeches fit me really tight in the thighs, but TS fit me lovely. Just something to be aware of if you're a thunder thighs like me.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 541hunter View Post
    I bought a pair of these and really like them. Well made and comfortable. Also I tend to have trouble with pants fitting in the waist/rear end but being WAY too tight in the thighs- these ones worked for me (out of a million bezillion that I tried).