Out of all stallions who have sired CCI**** competitors since 2006, only 11.5% have sired multiple progeny. This leaves 88.5% of horses who have competed at the CCI**** level since 2006 sired by unique stallions.
What stallion has sired the greatest number of 4* progeny?
But I counted 20 of his get that started 4*s. Some did not finish. Some might well have been pre-2006.
Thats interesting. I learned a lot about Irish breeding when I was over there and Cavalier is a very popular show jumping sire as well. Many of the young stock, and one of the grand prix horses were buy Cavalier.
Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt
Cavalier Royale was just as good a show jumper sire as he was an event horse sire. And he IS showing up as damsire for them (sj). There are quite a few with him as damsire who were at Boekelo this year. I can't remember exactly, but it was in the neighborhood of 5. Pippa Funnell's Billy Beware has him as damsire.
So I think he will show up in 4* eventers fairly soon as damsire. His sons don't seem to be doing quite as well, but time will tell.
Heraldik is interesting for two reasons: Germany has traditionally not been a big event horse breeding nation. So his opportunities for purpose bred eventers was far more limited than Cavalier's. He sired some international show jumpers too, but he also sired a dressage stallion who went to the London Olympics for Poland.
There is a Heraldik son standing in California named Hunter, and he looks very promising for eventing.
"I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay." Thread killer Extraordinaire