The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

MistyBlue:

None of what I wrote was fiction. When I say "creative writing," I mean making a point in a way that's entertaining to COTH'ers, and yes, a little bit satirical. Sorry if it's not your flavor. All of the people I talked about this thread IRL are absolutely real and are who and what I said they were.

I'm a bit of a wise-ass myself. Humor is almost always my direction choice, so it is kinda my flavor.
    I was going by what your account bio said:
    Interests: Eventing, history, sociology, lifting up rocks, pulling chains & legs
    Half the people who come here have alters. Who freaking cares?
    Apparently you do.
    Yes, lots of alters. Usually for sensitive subjects. Sometimes as a Just For Fun...but in those cases the alter should actually be funny. And sometimes it's more of a new persona to distance themselves from past screw-ups. Which can be caught in a lie, caught being less experienced/knowledgeable than they claim to be, were excessively rude, posted something absolutely socially fakakta.
    Your alter seems to be the result of the last one: you got your tuckus handed to you a few times for crucifying your own clients and mocking the physically disabled.
    You had a bunch of threads closed, so apparently it's not just "everyone else is less evolved than I am and just don't get my conversational styles."

And FWIW, you're not remotely original, thought provoking or advanced. You are extremely predictable, narcistic and average.
    Every single person who repeatedly gets their butts handed to them for being fools and/or caught lying have the exact same replies and reactions that you have.

Blames everyone else for being "below average" who just don't "get your level of thinking."
    Claims to get plenty of PMs of people who agree with them! (which you edited out of an above post shortly after posting it, unfortunately it was seen)
    Then posts that they know tons of people IRL who agree with them.
    Then claims that Coth in general is diminishing and will end due to everyone being mean and bullies. (which, btw, you have been. And yet Coth keeps growing, go figure)
    Then stomps off for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th name change/new alter.

We could post out endless lists of past people who've all done and posted the exact same things.
    You're not even original in the Troll category, Yale club be damned.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

6 members found this post helpful.

The logging on under a prior name was an honest MISTAKE, nothing more than that. (Maybe I should have worn my helmet?)

Yes, I changed my name (once) after realizing I'd misjudged the company here whose tastes don't run to un-PC satire. (Dood--you think I'm un-PC you should see the crowd I hang around with!) Only after I'd apologized to those who claimed to be unsettled by it. What I think some people here are TRULY unsettled by is having a different point of view thrust before their eyes--one who does not just sing alto forte in the Greek Chorus of whichever way the wind is blowing.

Venting? From what I've seen over on "Off Course" lately, venting about BO's, BM's, students, their parents, clients, SO's, and the horses they rode in on is pretty much the raison d'etre for COTH. So why is this only a problem if I do it? EVERYONE does it. These threads are usually a lot more fun than just asking if that coat works with these pants. We all have wondered, WWYD? Most of us only read the threads we enjoy and find relevant. Once again, sorrr-eeee if something last year hit your third rail. That's the kind of thing nobody can anticipate in advance, which is precisely why this board is noted for pile-ons.

Many of my riders and I have sat here on rainy days reading these threads together, and laughed so hard we almost fell off our chairs. I DO think we are all wasting time on here primarily for entertainment!

The funniest thing of all on this train wreck is, you and I actually are pulling for about the same point of view! The Interwebz really is krazy.

Finally: At no point in this thread have I called anyone a name, including "idiot," "stupid," "moron," or "Nazi." Which actually puts me in the minority.
    Last edited by Lady Eboshi; Feb. 24, 2013 at 05:47 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

Dude! Hello from the back seat of the limo! On my way to the Oscars with George Clooney!

*more creative writing*
    EDDIE WOULD GO

8 members found this post helpful.

I just sat on a triscuit .*

* Lie.

1 members found this post helpful.

SwampYankee (http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...91#post6614791)

Quoth the raven, Nevermore . . .
    [snip]

Don't worry about me coming back under "alters," I really have no further desire to return**. I would just ask that if you are indeed all such sensitive, compassionate, understanding, mature and well-adjusted people, please cease to post personal attacks that are unworthy of you.

To any and all who have found my posts intolerable, I hope you will accept my sincere apologies.
    Last edited by SwampYankee; Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:25 AM.
    **Not intended to be a factual statement
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

8 members found this post helpful.

From Swamp Yankee's last (ahem) post, Oct. 18, 2012:

Don't worry about me coming back under "alters," I really have no further desire to return.

Gee, what happened Lady E./Swamp Yankee?? That was a rather enlightening thread, by the way. A bit revealing about the person behind the poster(s). http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...The-Owner-WWYD

Edit: High Flying Bey, haha! Great minds think alike! Also, coreene, get out of my limo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

3 members found this post helpful.

I dunno. I think it fits perfectly with the previous posts.

Creative writing, kat's triscuit lie...and a flounce that wasn't a flounce. More of a slink away to regroup.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

2 members found this post helpful.

Actually, people said they missed me. Really!

And since you found that thread (at Halloween, no less) so deeply, terribly offensive, disturbing, and insensitive, why the fruitbat do you keep bumping it up? Don't jump to conclusions about people's character based on COTH--you could be a serial killer for all I know. Or care.

Mud season once again is here. And so am I. See you 'round. . .

Hmmm...Gravel comes to mind..

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Eboshi View Post
    Actually, people said they missed me. Really!
    Now that I find very hard to believe. But by all means continue making up fake accounts and trolling.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

We're in the long line of limos coming up on the Dolby Theater! And I look divine!

*only partial creative writing*
    Last edited by Coreene; Feb. 24, 2013 at 08:59 PM. Reason: I really do look divine!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

You girls behave yourselves back there! You have any idea how hard it is to drive a limo and post at the same time??
    Last edited by HighFlyinBey++; Feb. 24, 2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Not intended to be a factual statement
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

Actually, I'm not so sure that Coreene in a limo with Clooney is much of a stretch.

Yes yes, we get it Swampy: You are enlightened, advanced, an improvement on the human race. You deign to pontificate to those of us still attempting to leave the primordial ooze and breathe air.
    And your lofty Elis sit on high with you laughing at everyone.

Ohhhh the pain. The abject torture of mediocrity!

Nope, sorry, you're still average. Wait...maybe a tad below.

As I said earlier, CT is a small state. We're of a common era, you and I. You are known in the state. Unfortunately for you, not in the way you hope or try to project. I was being polite when I used the word average.

Ivy Leaguers would recognize that there is being PC and there is being, well, common and rude. Making fun of your paying clients repeatedly falls under common and rude. Mocking a woman who's horse had died; same. Poking fun at paraplegics, finding their desire and ability to still enjoy sports misguided and ridiculous and stating they'd be better kept out of sight of the public you assume finds them difficult to watch because your narrow mind does: reprehensible.
    And THEN trying a half-arsed grammatically tired apology of sorts *after* telling the general Coth populace that they all think the same way and only you have the brass ovaries to say so: hilariously low brow.
    Not to mention the thread you started assuming your "higher intelligence" was both needed and wanted by the mods of this board to lecture them on free speech and how threads and conversations should be handled: priceless.

No seriously priceless...nobody would pay a cent for that dreck.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

10 members found this post helpful.

I think you actually have me confused with someone else. For the simple reason I never attended Yale. I made one passing reference, many months back, to the Yale Club. This is how sharks get jumped.

Why are you taking this personally enough to keep bumping up threads you found unpleasant, over and over? Because I posted some opinions on a public BBS that you didn't like? Who's acting a little nutty now, me or you?

There is no one at all IRL who has a problem with me that I know of. I've never made claims to be anything extraordinary, in or out of the saddle. I did some fun things at the local level an increasing number of years ago. I rode with some good trainers then. Lots of people do. None of it is a big deal.

Now this is becoming unseemly. If you think you know me, or have some kind of problem with me IRL about something concrete and personal, you are invited to PM me and maybe we can resolve it. Last I looked, it wasn't illegal or immoral YET to express a controversial asshat opinion now and again. The TV, radio and blogs these days are filled with nothing but. And I have never attempted to slander, "out" or stalk any other poster on this board.

Nothing I've said on THIS thread could possibly offend anyone, and tons of the other was taken and run with out of context as things very commonly have been on COTH.

UPDATE: Viewed your COTH profile, and can now say with confidence that we have never met. Nor is there any known acquaintence of mine in your entire county. Gorgeous horse, BTW.
    Last edited by Lady Eboshi; Feb. 24, 2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Addition.

Lady Swampeeboshi has the mouth-trots. *

*not a lie.

5 members found this post helpful.

You guys are cracking me up.* Coreene, tell George I didn't mean it, I still love him, and he should call me.**

*Absolute truth.
    **Wishing it were the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb