The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trak stallions that do hunters and jumper?

Any that do both ? Edited to add anything that sires both too works!
    Last edited by NOMIOMI1; Feb. 16, 2013 at 04:08 PM.
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NOMIOMI1 View Post
    Any that do both ?
    Do you mean stallions who are currently competing ?

Yes - currently active - Titulus, Prelude by Mozart and Platinum Vom Rappenhof for sure. I think Inamorato has done both, Indelible does hunters not sure about jumpers though, Blitz and Donner does (although now gelded) and Malachi I think did. I'm sure there are others (Glenn Livitt? possibly).

Off the top of my head I can't think of any that have actually competed both, but Hilife did show hunters before switching to dressage when he moved to Valhalla and Special Memories, while he showed jumpers, certainly produced nice hunters with scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfe View Post
    Do you mean stallions who are currently competing ?
    Something that has either produced or done both at one time
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

Tatendrang owned by Anissa Cottongim (eventing preliminary today in fact) has at least one son (in very few foal crops so far as Tate is young) who is doing the pregreens successfully at 5 years old. All of his jump and "Nick", the hunter, is also being looked at as a jumper, schooling 3'9" easily in latest photos. All of Tate's get seem to be very good jumpers - no matter what career they are destined for. Anissa and Tatendrang's photos are on FB, and he is also in the current ATA Stallion Auction.

Diane Halpin/Laurel Leaf Hanoverians: Facebook

I own the stallion Tzigane *Pb* who has jumped and won @ Grand Prix in the US & CSI** in Germany. He's also won the ATA Jumper stakes 2x (every time he's entered) and has multiple ATA HOY Jumper Championships.

His 2004 son Herzmond was Champion 6yo Jumper @ A-rated Ledges & won 1.20M as a 6yo @ AA-rated Lamplight (he also won the ATA Jumper Championship only year he entered). He will be shown @ HITS (Ocala) end of Feb/beginning of March before heading to Wellington. Taz's 2006 son Memeltanz is pinning in baby greens @ A-rated shows in KY under David Beisel. Daughter Zigana has won several 1.10M jumper championships and a 2003 son, Luxsor I've been told was successfully competing in Hunters in TX but with name changes & ownership sales there's no way to confirm.

In addition, he's sired CIC** eventer (2005 foal & full brother to Jumper Herzmond) Harry Houdini who has competed both here and in Germany. Daughter Sayyida competes @ Preliminary level in eventing and just qualified to compete in her first FEI event this weekend. 2006 son Mateo has competed twice @ Preliminary level eventing - winning both outings on his dressage score, but owner is considering changing to jumpers as he regularly schools 5' with ease.

And I agree w/Diane that Tatendrang is an excellent choice as well - in fact he won the ATA Jumper Championship in 2012. However must make 1 correction: the 5yo Nick is not by Tatendrang, but by Oskar II out of Anissa's Anglo-TK mare (as Tate is now coming 7, he'd have had to sire Nick when he was a yearling!
    Owner of ATA and Verband-Approved Trakehner stallion, Tzigane *Pb*, breeder of ATA-approved Semper Fidelis

www.twingates.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Oh, right! I think Anissa's already corrected me once on Nicky's breeding!

Lol. I just saw this thread (just got home from Rocking Horse). Ya, Nicky is great but not by Tate. . FYI the plan is that he will do a few jumper classes at HITS as warm up for Red Hills at which he'll di the CIC 1* if his passport gets back in time. If not he'll do the Prelim.

Oh and Diane - Nicky's is chestnut. Tate can't have a chestnut (he's homozygous) if that helps to remember
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

1 members found this post helpful.

Has platinum vom rappenhof been more successful on producing quality offspring then the full brother?

I have seen very, very few quality prinz habichts- many great temperaments but not athletic/poor movers/poor jumpers or terrible temperaments but spectacular athletes.

Yep! I need all the help I can get, Anissa!

Quote Originally Posted by dianehalpin View Post
    Yep! I need all the help I can get, Anissa!
    LOL What do you mean you don't know every one of my horses intimately? What's wrong with you? LOL (obviously j/k)

JustThatSimple... I've only personally seen the Prince of Prussia off spring in person - in fact was at Rocking Horse this weekend with one of them. Very very sweet little guy (Cassius Clay) - can't say enough good things about how easy going he is. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing many Platinum foals past the weanling stage - although I have seen a couple of the weanlings at Jean Brinkman's. They were all lovely, decent movement and seemed to be good tempered...
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Jade Vom Rappenhof competes with Meredith Webb is by Platinum VR.

Patras VR (another approved full brother, there are 4) competes with Jessica Phoenix (although I believe he has been gelded - not sure though) at CCI** currently.

edited to say - the 4th one is Prinz of Prussia and his son, Zarr of the USA competes with Deon Hunter (or did last year)
    Last edited by Molly Malone; Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: added info and clarity!!!

Of course there's Abdullah and sons of Abdullah or his mother Abitza.

Hennessey showed in both the Jumpers and Hunters. He is deceased, but there is frozen semen available.

But on that note, Tate (Tatendrang) produces horses who can jump with great form, and all the ones I've seen could easily do hunters if asked to carry themselves in the correct manner.

And Oskar babies can do hunters as well, as shown by Nicky. My Oskar baby (full sibling to Nicky) could probably have been a hunter as far as movement, though with her attitude she screamed dressage, and should easily adapt to being more uphill and collecting.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed