The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 133
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caballero View Post
    This attitude of "the end justifies the means" is truly frightening.
    I've got to agree. The end rarely (if ever) justifies the means, just in general terms.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    I post it on such a regular basis...Leo Maxwell Coutts, Alberta 5 minutes from the Montana border. Fairfax Farms was the name I used for showing Arabians. I showed at my first major show, Estes Park Colorado (it became the National Show) in 1958 when I was 8. I bred and or showed US and Canadian Top Tens, Halter, EP and Park..I also showed the U.S. National Reserve Futurity Champion (those were the days when there were 40 or more in a class.

    I owned *Luxxor by Patron, Bur Basta by Ferzon, Torodansk by Gdansk (co-owned with another breeder) , Serinado by Serinask etc.

    Our family sent the first two out of the country mares to Bask after he won at Scottsdale. I sold *Pagana III to Bru Mar Ba Arabians when they were founding their Spanish program.

    I was also very active in Arabian Horse Racing..Bur Basta sired Race Filly of the Year and she also became U.S. Race Horse Arabian of the Year.

    I acquired Saddlebreds about 10 years ago and have had them shown from North Carolina to Scottsdale.

    Maybe we know each other if you were showing over 10 years ago. Yes..it is a very small world..I am happy that so many know me. The U.S. Nationals and Scottsdale Shows are always like a family reunion for me


    3 members found this post helpful.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Feb. 20, 2010
    Location
    All 'round Canadia
    Posts
    5,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    No one is excusing the skinny horses.
    "Looking at the pictures" only is not helping anyone understand this a bit more complicated case than what pictures show.

    I am noting that there is more to this story than the horses, already explained why I think so.
    Remember, two wrongs never make anything right.

    You can do what is right for the horses without doing wrong while doing it AND the court seems to have agreed in this case.
    Well not quite. Fairfax‘s tge horses were fed, they were old, 75% of them were not in a seize-able state seems pretty excusey to me. No acknowledgement that yes, clearly at least some of them were downright starved (not just oops they‘re a bit skinny because age blah blah).

    Sure if there‘s a bigger story about legal shenanigans that‘s fine, if the county did wrong they should be punished. But the horses in the pictures are starved.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec. 10, 2012
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by microbovine View Post
    The bottom line is that if you aren't doing it wrong, you have nothing to worry about.
    That's why these guys have really nothing to do



  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Oh...wait....you are impowered by the internet and your ability to slander and assault anyone you wish WITHOUT disclosing who you are../..

    I am very happy that after February Marsha will be able to formally file lawsuits against many of the agencies AND individuals.
    Dear Fairfax,
    Slander refers to spoken words or gestures. Libel refers to written words or gestures.

    Please stop using ad hominem arguments, as they only serve to increase the credibility of the opposing side, which helps them and harms you.

    I work in dispute mediation (disclaimer: I am not an attorney). My experience is that those with the weakest cases use threats and ad hominem attacks in an effort to assuage narcissistic injuries, and to draw attention away from the inherent weakness of their cases; those with strong cases have no need to resort to such tactics, as the facts speak for themselves.

    The general rule that we use is "the stronger you feel about a case, the less emotion you should show" in both speech and writing, as strong emotion is seen as a sign of weakness, vulnerability.

    Please also refrain from using gendered language (e.g., "carry on ladies") in your arguments, as that gives the reader the impression that the writer (i.e., you) believes females to be of lower status, than the male writer, which weakens your position even further.

    Very Respectfully,
    Amber
    Last edited by californianinkansas; Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Punctuation. I need more Diet Coke to wake me up.


    13 members found this post helpful.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug. 15, 2008
    Posts
    4,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Well not quite. Fairfax‘s tge horses were fed, they were old, 75% of them were not in a seize-able state seems pretty excusey to me. No acknowledgement that yes, clearly at least some of them were downright starved (not just oops they‘re a bit skinny because age blah blah).
    If I'm remembering correctly, the last time this went down on this board, Fairfax and crew also tried to claim that the photos of the horses had been photoshopped and or someone had added stripes of dirt and fluffed and flattened hair to simulate ribs, hips and spines showing.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."


    5 members found this post helpful.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Please explain that to DEFHR. They recently posted a picture of one of the older mares and they stated she needed a special home as she suffered by old age anorexia and therefore was unable to retain any weight despite the best of care and feed.

    Marsha was wrong to care so deeply. She had put down horses the previous fall as they "lost their spark" She had these horses for most of all of their lives and when they no longer wanted to snort, blow, perk their ears and or went off their feed, the vet was called. I told her she should have just killed them...would have saved her a bundle...when I posted that...oh oh...now I hated horses...hated people...Bottom line...the case is over EXCEPT for Marsha's day in court

    The bullies on this forum can continue but everytime they post they also expose who they are and what they are not.

    There is a lot of information on this forum and other forums regarding the legalities etc. Most of the anti Marsha posters are, in fact, volunteers or supporters of the rescues of HSUS and in one case a couple from New York State who were befriended by Marsha who helped them with their breeding program, sold them mares at low prices to assist them..and then they turned on her and and tried to work with the Polish Breeders Group and DEFHR to get the cream de la cream for the adoption fee. THAT is why these little groups stated they wanted the horses to go WITH THEIR PAPERS.

    As for the New York Couple...they just post on here and ABN under a "new name" ..

    How about COTH adopt a policy from A Black Horse. You do not have to sign who you are UNLESS the post is negative in nature or accusatory.

    Only Bullies hide behind an avator name. And for those new to the foruy...Women against Women...GG rescue group stated on their blog that Marsha was an elderly SINGLE woman, living alone and this is her phone number AND how to locate her farm.

    Until Phyllis Chesler's now-classic book A Womans Inhumanity to Women, a profound silence prevailed about woman’s inhumanity to woman. Women's aggression may not take the same form as men's, but girls and women are indeed aggressive, often indirectly and mainly toward one another. They judge harshly, hold grudges, gossip, exclude, and disconnect from other women


    2 members found this post helpful.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    Fairfax, I definitely did not show at the levels you did, but I was part of a barn that did - do you remember the name of a barn in NC called Brasswood Arabians? I definitely know of the stallions and lines you speak of. Very nice horses! Dixieland Arabians is another barn I spent a lot of time with at shows.

    One of my childhood friends owns and shows Saddlebreds. She trains with Omega.

    Since I showed in the early 90's and I had a horse that did the hunters (which was so very different from the real thing!), I was kinda the black sheep of the barn. They were supportive of me, of course, but they were hoping I would at least switch to Country English Pleasure LOL!

    I do not give my name openly here due to my profession as well as simply not wanting to. However, many of us know each other IRL. Now that I know more about you, I suppose I am even more confused about your position in all of this; I know you would never allow any of your horses to get as thin as the ones shown. I am sure Marsha is not the devil incarnate, but her horses were not in good condition by any true horseman's opinion. The hooves alone were a major give-away. I know what it is like to learn that a friend has been accused of wrong-doing. You want to be supportive, but there is an inner conflict regarding the facts presented. You can still care about and support your friend as well as acknowledge that the horses were in very poor condition.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields



  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by californianinkansas View Post
    Dear Fairfax,
    Slander refers to spoken words or gestures. Libel refers to written words or gestures.

    Please stop using ad hominem arguments, as they only serve to increase the credibility of the opposing side, which helps them and harms you.

    I work in dispute mediation (disclaimer: I am not an attorney). My experience is that those with the weakest cases use threats and ad hominem attacks in an effort to assuage narcissistic injuries, and to draw attention away from the inherent weakness of their cases; those with strong cases have no need to resort to such tactics, as the facts speak for themselves.

    The general rule that we use is "the stronger you feel about a case, the less emotion you should show" in both speech and writing, as strong emotion is seen as a sign of weakness, vulnerability.

    Please also refrain from using gendered language (e.g., "carry on ladies") in your arguments, as that gives the reader the impression that the writer (i.e., you) believes females to be of lower status, than the male writer, which weakens your position even further.

    Very Respectfully,
    Amber
    Dear Amber

    I guess there truly is an age barrier. I was raised to believe you still call a woman, a lady, even if you are giving her the benefit of the doubt. I guess you never read Dorothy Parker, nor Clare Luce Booth.

    The attacks on Marsha, by a group of posters is nothing less than malicious and in many cases involved slander.

    The turfing of the case due to fraud most certainly points to malicious intent. Call it what you may.

    For those, who have read about the case and continue to repeat over and over and over the same stories is libel and what many posters do not understand..IF the person wronged goes to court they can serve the moderators of a forum with papers to have them disclose the true identity of the posters.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec. 10, 2012
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by californianinkansas View Post
    Please also refrain from using gendered language (e.g., "carry on ladies") in your arguments, as that gives the reader the impression that the writer (i.e., you) believes females to be of lower status, than the male writer, which weakens your position even further.
    LOL....at you......


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    Fairfax, I definitely did not show at the levels you did, but I was part of a barn that did - do you remember the name of a barn in NC called Brasswood Arabians? I definitely know of the stallions and lines you speak of. Very nice horses! Dixieland Arabians is another barn I spent a lot of time with at shows.

    One of my childhood friends owns and shows Saddlebreds. She trains with Omega.

    Since I showed in the early 90's and I had a horse that did the hunters (which was so very different from the real thing!), I was kinda the black sheep of the barn. They were supportive of me, of course, but they were hoping I would at least switch to Country English Pleasure LOL!

    I do not give my name openly here due to my profession as well as simply not wanting to. However, many of us know each other IRL. Now that I know more about you, I suppose I am even more confused about your position in all of this; I know you would never allow any of your horses to get as thin as the ones shown. I am sure Marsha is not the devil incarnate, but her horses were not in good condition by any true horseman's opinion. The hooves alone were a major give-away. I know what it is like to learn that a friend has been accused of wrong-doing. You want to be supportive, but there is an inner conflict regarding the facts presented. You can still care about and support your friend as well as acknowledge that the horses were in very poor condition.
    Thank you for your response. I did not know Marsha until I heard about the seizure. I knew of her breeding program and a quick survey of many of the tope breeders in the U.S. confirmed something was amiss.

    It is fascinating reading and no one has denied there was a lack of QUALIFY feed. But there were many reasons for that...This is a case that could have been corrected and was in the process AFTER the lawyers removed a blockage on a piece of property she had for sale. This other side refuses to acknowledge that the conditions were met..on a 30 day order and the HSUS rep Stacy decided to push it and seize all of the horses as it would be a good training opportunity for her equine division. The courts determined she illegally cancelled the order (also without authority) and the county of Queen Anne was remise as they also allowed that to happen

    I had worked on some other cases and there was a group of us who became known to each other and we independantly decided to offer our assistance. By doing research for no charge, we were able to give cases to the lawyers and also continue our research on HSUS and their assault against horse and livestock breeders and producers.

    There were problems however as previously stated...this is a woman who was so very well respected and did not have any history of a skinny horse...she had been approved to import major stallions, Equifor and Ganges from Poland and she had a herd of mares unrivaled in the U.S. The Economy, Equifor producing over 40 colts before he was returned...she had deposits on 30 plus fillies...and the famous hindsight is 100%.

    It is hard for those who simply own a horse...are not breeders...to understand.

    This was a case that could have been resolved and the horses could have stayed at the farm. But that was not the agenda of HSUS and DEFHR and they also sold the kool-aid to other affiliates that they could rake in millions in donations AND force Marsha to sell her remaining farm and they could take that money also.

    This was NEVER about the horses.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    19,558

    Default

    And Nancy Mackall was on the USPA's polo pony welfare committee....she killed at least 20 horses and starved 10 more. Past history and reputation mean nothing really...facts matter, that's all.

    Do you deny that Marsha had extremely thin, unhandled horses?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    7 members found this post helpful.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    May. 5, 2006
    Posts
    2,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Lets see...SHE WON...and if she could have spent another $75,000 there would have been no conditions...



    Blue...what ever you are...DEFHR stated old age anorexia...Marsha never did....
    Let me see...

    Um, no she didn't win. She plead No Contest as part of a plea deal. Now, before you (Leo) start to yap about how plea deals are only offered or accepted when the prosecuting attorney is worried about losing in court? I am sure you (Leo) are aware that 98% of all animal neglect cases end in this way...if charges are even brought in the first place. A plea deal doesn't mean she won anything. It doesn't mean there wasn't enough evidence to convict her through trial. It means that most of our criminal cases in this country (FYI, not Leo's country) end in plea deals.

    If she had WON she would have gotten back ALL her horses, not just a number stipulated in the plea deal, where she had to prove that she had a way to afford that number before getting a single one back. If she had WON she would not have had to accept surprise site checks from animal control. An agency that, by the way, you swore she was in the process of suing. How far as that law suit gotten, Secret Squirrel?

    She LOST. Just because her verdict was stipulated doesn't mean she won. Anything. At all. She didn't go to jail, but animal neglect cases almost never end in jail time. Of course, you (Leo) should know that, since you are such a crack investigator and all.

    As for the defense of old age anorexia? Haven't you (Leo) been saying for almost three years now that you are an INSIDER in the Canterbury case? Haven't you been swearing up one forum and down another that you are intimately involved in every aspect of Marsha's defense? And haven't you (Leo) been advancing the, "Well, those skinny horses are all old broodmares and everyone knows that the old horses are supposed to look like sh*t"? Then, when the ages of some of the skinniest horses were released, the refrain from you (Leo) became, "Yes, but...those pictures have been Photoshopped or the horses were cosmetically altered to make it look like they were skinny"?

    Think long and hard before you answer, Leo. Because, indeed, you have been saying it was old age anorexia for a long, long time. And you have also been saying you have Marsha Parkinson's full support in everything you say. All that insider stuff you talk about. Not DEFER. Not HSUS. YOU.

    I have yet to see a post from you, on any forum, where you have openly signed your name. I have seen you hound women on forums that disagree with you. I have seen you mount a public smear campaign against women who disagree with you. I have seen you belittle and use derogatory language towards women who disagree with you. I have personally seen your creepy stalking behavior towards women who disagree with you, me included. But I have NEVER seen you sign your NAME to any forum post.

    Stick a fork in your a**. You are done.
    Sheilah


    14 members found this post helpful.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    It was stated that there was hay and it was fed daily however it was from the local producer as Marsha was unable to raise more money to purchase top line hay from New York State. The wife of the Animal Control had been the head of the lande development department for the county that put the restriction on the tract of land she had a buyer for. That property was her "safety net" in her business plan as it was very desirable and would always find a buyer. Coupled with the down turn in the economy, the collapse of the horse market..she thought she was still going to be okay. Then the seizure. And, as you know, she was unable to raise any money (a friend had purchased $15,000 worth of hay and the first load arrived just after the conditions were laid out by the A.C. A second load arrived on the day of the seizure and was re-routed elsewhere...Our group was able to access money for Marsha by finding a major buyer for her library. That gave her the money to hire a top law firm...and their first act was to challenge the county and have the block removed. Then, she had sufficient capital to pay for their services and fight to get her horses back. Her legal fees were in excess of $700,000. I should note that the complaint against Marsha was signed by a land developer who wanted THAT tract of land however did not want to pay the price she had on it. She had another buyer...

    Just consider the alternative...the AC would not have worked with HSUS to seize the horses. The hay would have arrived and been top quality because there would not have been an agenda driven ban blocking the sale of the property.

    We have a woman who NEVER had a history of neglect caught doing her best because of orchestrated events. That money, rather than going to lawyers would have gone into the horses, and she would have also been able to board fence an ajoining piece of pasture property she also owned.

    I have said and will continue....this was an agenda driven seizure. It had nothing to do with the horses except for those who wanted to acquire them for pennies on the dollar from DEFHR

    Her horses have been inspected monthly for one year. The draught is over and her farm land was able to produce amounts of hay to support all of the horses returned.

    Rather than harshness and judgements..put yourself in a similar position. this was not a case where Marsha dined out and travelled. It was shocked to discover she had no heat for one year..no hot running water..as she put the money into feed rather than her own comfort.

    That is one of the many many reasons I defend this woman. There, but for the grace of GOD ..go I


    3 members found this post helpful.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,762

    Default

    Like a dog with a bone.......

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"



  16. #56
    Join Date
    Feb. 20, 2010
    Location
    All 'round Canadia
    Posts
    5,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    There, but for the grace of GOD ..go I
    No. Absolutely not, not in a million years.

    Because if any of my horses were in the sack-of-bones condition (and really, less-than-top-line hay did this? Really?) shown in the linked pictures, they'd have been euthed. I've euthed my beloved elderly pets before they got to looking like that, gobbledygook about "sparks in their eyes" notwithstanding.

    Heck, my own parents were unfortunately unable to see that our 19 year old family cat was looking like a bonerack, and that cat wasn't as bad as some of those horses. I got home on a Fri, and cat was euthed on Sat before noon.

    No. I will NOT be going there, grace of God notwithstanding.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
    Let me see...

    Um, no she didn't win. She plead No Contest as part of a plea deal. Now, before you (Leo) start to yap about how plea deals are only offered or accepted when the prosecuting attorney is worried about losing in court? I am sure you (Leo) are aware that 98% of all animal neglect cases end in this way...if charges are even brought in the first place. A plea deal doesn't mean she won anything. It doesn't mean there wasn't enough evidence to convict her through trial. It means that most of our criminal cases in this country (FYI, not Leo's country) end in plea deals.

    If she had WON she would have gotten back ALL her horses, not just a number stipulated in the plea deal, where she had to prove that she had a way to afford that number before getting a single one back. If she had WON she would not have had to accept surprise site checks from animal control. An agency that, by the way, you swore she was in the process of suing. How far as that law suit gotten, Secret Squirrel?

    She LOST. Just because her verdict was stipulated doesn't mean she won. Anything. At all. She didn't go to jail, but animal neglect cases almost never end in jail time. Of course, you (Leo) should know that, since you are such a crack investigator and all.

    As for the defense of old age anorexia? Haven't you (Leo) been saying for almost three years now that you are an INSIDER in the Canterbury case? Haven't you been swearing up one forum and down another that you are intimately involved in every aspect of Marsha's defense? And haven't you (Leo) been advancing the, "Well, those skinny horses are all old broodmares and everyone knows that the old horses are supposed to look like sh*t"? Then, when the ages of some of the skinniest horses were released, the refrain from you (Leo) became, "Yes, but...those pictures have been Photoshopped or the horses were cosmetically altered to make it look like they were skinny"?

    Think long and hard before you answer, Leo. Because, indeed, you have been saying it was old age anorexia for a long, long time. And you have also been saying you have Marsha Parkinson's full support in everything you say. All that insider stuff you talk about. Not DEFER. Not HSUS. YOU.

    I have yet to see a post from you, on any forum, where you have openly signed your name. I have seen you hound women on forums that disagree with you. I have seen you mount a public smear campaign against women who disagree with you. I have seen you belittle and use derogatory language towards women who disagree with you. I have personally seen your creepy stalking behavior towards women who disagree with you, me included. But I have NEVER seen you sign your NAME to any forum post.

    Stick a fork in your a**. You are done.
    Sheilah


    Sheila...so many have asked you to quit stocking me. On THIS forum. They have even posted their requests. I don't know which forums these would be...I have only posted on COTH Speak Easy and rarely on ABH.

    You have accused me of stalking however I find that difficult to understand as I am on dial up...I did post against your buddy who joined the ranks of DEFHR and was so proud to brag to a director of AHA that she was brining down one of the major breeders of Arabians and it would shock the world. You are correct. I confronted her on FB...

    Guess this is the Make me feel special day for you Sheila. You already know that the courts determined that she could file her intent for lawsuits against the county, HSUS and other players and individuals...she did have that filed...and she could also proceed AFTER the end of this month.

    We already know what HSUS was suggesting for the photo ops. It was included in the DEFHR notes turned over when the horses were released.

    Marsha was asked HOW MANY horses she wanted to return. She consulted with her lawyers and as previously stated..she could have them ALL but her fees would increase by another $75,000 or so.

    She actually achieved what she was trying to do. She reduced her numbers by 50%. Now who is the idiot

    Please show me where I have ever used the word anorexia priot to DEFHR just using it. . Hasn't occured. Ever. Marsha never posted so we know she didn't state it. Her defence team do not have a record of it. ONLY DEFHR have used it as THEIR defence as to why the old horses have not been able to sustain a healthy weight balance.

    The seiazure was deemed illegal. And..as I posted before...the courts actually encouraged her to file lawsuits by removing the amount the county could be sued for (usually there is a civic amount but this has been over ruled)

    So Sheila...I don't care what you say avbout me as what you think of me is none of my concern.

    You have been accused by the COTH community of continuing to stalk me...I really don't care.

    Did you ever think you can just google my name Fairfax and you will discover who I am. I have also pointed that out. As I have a business I do not direct anyone to my website as that would be a violation of this forums rules.

    As for you...care to share your last name for those who don't know it to be informed> Remember how you posted on one of the threads about having to move your horse (one horse) to another facility. When I asked you if you found a spot you accused me of stalking...eh????how does one stock when they repeat what you had posted. ???? As for your Oklahoma buddy...very quiet isn't she...no more posting as the roving reporter as the seiaure was taking place. Rightfully so, she has earned the contempt of the Arabian Horse community and the majority of the BOD.

    Not one horse died on the property. Marsha had euthanized some before the winter and HSUS demanded she put some down or they threatened her with immediate jail time . Courts took note of that little point.

    Also Sheila...since you are a self proclaimed authority...did you know that where a plea bargain happens they give the person a ban from ever owning a pet, horse, bird ..not only did she not receive any ban...she was asked how many she felt she could financially take care of. ...Facts have always been ignored by you and the truth is not your friend.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    May. 5, 2006
    Posts
    2,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    We have a woman who NEVER had a history of neglect caught doing her best because of orchestrated events.

    Her horses have been inspected monthly for one year. The draught is over and her farm land was able to produce amounts of hay to support all of the horses returned.

    Rather than harshness and judgements..put yourself in a similar position.
    Too bad that "doing her best" included protecting her reputation for MONTHS prior to the horses actually being seized. Remember her public outrage when the rescue questioned the condition of the young stock she "donated"? How much time elapsed between that and the seizure? How many days did those 150+ horses in her care and control go without in order for her to say that everything was hunky-dory at Canterbury? Too bad that "doing her best" required criminal charges in order for her to actually take steps to provide adequately. Of course, once the horses were seized, the gig was up and she no longer had anything to protect. Right? THEN she started to say that she had money issues, and couldn't get quality hay. After the fact. Because before that she was extremely clear about the state of her affairs being just fine, thank you very much!

    If you are able to acknowledge that she has had court ordered inspections, how in God's name can you claim that she "won"? People who win don't have court ordered inspections.

    And since you have such an insiders view of the goings-on at Canterbury, how many of the unhandled, unregistered young stock did she take back when she decided which horses would make up the court ordered number she could have? Did she take back the horses with papers already intact, the ones that she wouldn't have to spend a penny of her newly amassed kitty on getting up to speed, or did she take responsibility for the youngsters that had never been seen by a vet, a farrier or the AHA's registry? Did she claim THOSE horses"? The ones that she had breed, even while knowing that she couldn't afford to care for the ones she already had? Give them an identity within the breed? Start them in some way to give them a value beyond the curiosity of being a seized Canterbury horse?

    If it is all about the horse for her, which horses did she choose to stand behind when she was given the opportunity to so?
    Sheilah


    3 members found this post helpful.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May. 5, 2006
    Posts
    2,953

    Default

    Leo. Answer the questions. Don't try to divert attention. Your constant refrain of, "I know you, but what am I" is doing nothing to further your agenda.
    Sheilah


    2 members found this post helpful.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    42,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by californianinkansas View Post
    Dear Fairfax,
    Slander refers to spoken words or gestures. Libel refers to written words or gestures.

    Please stop using ad hominem arguments, as they only serve to increase the credibility of the opposing side, which helps them and harms you.

    I work in dispute mediation (disclaimer: I am not an attorney). My experience is that those with the weakest cases use threats and ad hominem attacks in an effort to assuage narcissistic injuries, and to draw attention away from the inherent weakness of their cases; those with strong cases have no need to resort to such tactics, as the facts speak for themselves.

    The general rule that we use is "the stronger you feel about a case, the less emotion you should show" in both speech and writing, as strong emotion is seen as a sign of weakness, vulnerability.

    Please also refrain from using gendered language (e.g., "carry on ladies") in your arguments, as that gives the reader the impression that the writer (i.e., you) believes females to be of lower status, than the male writer, which weakens your position even further.

    Very Respectfully,
    Amber
    You know, all that sounds so nice and concerned, except that when you only pick on one poster, when others have been and are even more objectionable in their personal attacks, well, all that seems for naught, just one more way to nicely sounding stick your own dagger into the mix for your side.

    Example: "Stick a fork in your a**. You are done.
    Sheilah"

    Honestly! Unbecoming.


    3 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Marsha Hudkins Suffolk VA contact info
    By fourfillies in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb. 13, 2013, 01:12 PM
  2. Replies: 174
    Last Post: Jul. 13, 2012, 11:12 PM
  3. breeding of the rolex horses
    By Bravestrom in forum Eventing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Apr. 30, 2012, 04:51 PM
  4. Replies: 63
    Last Post: Feb. 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
  5. Why aren't we breeding better horses?
    By Jewels09 in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 336
    Last Post: Oct. 28, 2011, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •