The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Her animal husbandry skills? Yeah, those picts show a horsewoman that obviously took NO pride in her grooming skills & attention to detail.

Please post the actual PROOF of a conspiracy between anyone & the county to take her farm. All I have ever heard is your non stop espousing of your conjectures, theories, & wild a$$ed claims. Lest you mean thru the DUE PROCESS she was properly & legally accorded by the county for not paying her property taxes for how long? That is some serious stuff when one gets THAT far behind in their property taxes owed to the county/state! Serious stuff!
    Closest thing to a sauna around here would be tarping over a few cows, hold a bucket of water & light a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Marsha did quit breeding ..she had all of those equifor colts and breeders do admit...the odds of that many colts is quite incredible.
    Depends on what the question is. Basically each birth is an independent statistical event, like a fair coin toss, and the previous event has no impact on the odds of the new event. With each birth, the odds are roughly 50/50 M/F. Now, when you already have 100 foals running around and you ask "statistically how many of my foals are fillies" the answer will be something like 49, but when the question is "I've managed to breed 20 colts in a row, what are the odds that my next foal will also be a colt," the answer is 50%.

2 members found this post helpful.

Default Her Law Firm Picts

Hey thanks Fairfax for posting a link to the picts her law firm chose to use. http://www.bkglawfirm.com/2012/02/ho...rkinsons-farm/

The very top pict the law firms list is of the stallion Goliat.

Hard to believe THAT horse is the vey same one as here:
    http://public.fotki.com/hypoint/arab...at-445056.html

Here's a head/frontal view of Goliat: http://www.pedegru.com/animal/goliat

But Fairfax, this thread really was only about one single question. Is Marsha Parkinson breeding horses? Yet you once again have done a fantastic job of dragging her thru the mud for a multitude of pages. Wow, just wow.
    Last edited by ThisTooShallPass; Feb. 18, 2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: spelling typos AS ALWAYS & fixed a link
    Closest thing to a sauna around here would be tarping over a few cows, hold a bucket of water & light a match.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisTooShallPass View Post
    Her animal husbandry skills? Yeah, those picts show a horsewoman that obviously took NO pride in her grooming skills & attention to detail.

Please post the actual PROOF of a conspiracy between anyone & the county to take her farm. All I have ever heard is your non stop espousing of your conjectures, theories, & wild a$$ed claims. Lest you mean thru the DUE PROCESS she was properly & legally accorded by the county for not paying her property taxes for how long? That is some serious stuff when one gets THAT far behind in their property taxes owed to the county/state! Serious stuff!
    No..you are not an innocent bystander here ...

Her taxes which are about $10,000 per year did go into arrears for one year. They did post notice that the property was going up for sale..and then WHOOPS...they discovered the taxes had been paid in full.

This is NOT serious stuff ..this is life...

I don't need to provide you with anything. Evidence was supported by documentation at the pre-trial meeting with the DA

The complaint was filed by a well known land developer who had done business with the MacGlashen family member who was in real estate..Macglashen is the AC and his wife was head of land developement and the father was the court clerk.

We all know that.

Since WHEN is grooming skills now a felony? You sure are scrambling to try and remain self proclaimed relevant.

How are things in New York State? How is that husband of yours...still screaming the Queen is Dead?

3 members found this post helpful.

You got your answer "cough cough cough"

No

Then you called me a liar

Answer was still no..also by the court agreement she would NOT increase her herd until after this month..

so... NO...no babies on their way.

Goliat is around 30 years old and was in INCREDIBLE SHAPE according to everyone...

The volunteer who tooks photos and gave them to the defence made up her ind that something was wrong. Goliat was in amazing condition as were 7 or 8 of the plus 25 year old crowd.

A world famous horse such as Goliat would have been paraded around for donations IF he was even thin...he is still doing GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Depends on what the question is. Basically each birth is an independent statistical event, like a fair coin toss, and the previous event has no impact on the odds of the new event. With each birth, the odds are roughly 50/50 M/F. Now, when you already have 100 foals running around and you ask "statistically how many of my foals are fillies" the answer will be something like 49, but when the question is "I've managed to breed 20 colts in a row, what are the odds that my next foal will also be a colt," the answer is 50%.
    And? I explained why there were colts and they had not sold. No more... no less...They were not the fillies they wanted...those who did want colts were his by the recession and cancelled--a $1000 deposit against a high price does not go along way when you are hit with a double whammy.

You don't have Data..but she did NO MORE BREEDING ...

Others have confirmed from FIRST HAND...Maple Rob who is a breeder who has been a client of recipient of so much help from Marsha over the years confirmed where she had advertised and what he was aware of. Others did ths same.

ANOTHER Red Herring

If reading is a challenge then please don't strain yourself and attempt to read. I am sure some of the big words are frustrating but you should just google them.

These were letters written by No less than Dr. Heneke who created the Heneke Scale.. sorry you find his professional evaluation boring.

The other letter was written by a noted police detective who was there..it was his first hand account...

Posters here scream for evidence and when they receive it...then they disappear. I would suggest you do that also.

Of course..now..with some of the posters suffering from the Chronic Coth Condition of Attack..now the posts are too F long...

And yet...to those who are concerned about animal rights etc...I have already received emails at the kennel stating THANK YOU for posting the detectives letter. Most had NOT seen it before.

Recall, here in the USA, tax records are public record. Those very public records were linked to on COTH in another Thread many moons ago. So you once again failed at your diversionary tactic of the actual truth. At the last minute someone else swooped in & paid her back taxes. *fail*

Fairfax states: MARSHA PARKINSON WAS BANNED FROM BREEDING HORSES.

Yet, in this very thread Fairfax has also stated Marsha Parkinson (most likely) will return to her breeding ways. Thanks for letting us know this Fairfax. You are such a chum to Marsha.

Okay, so maybe she has not breed, "not quite yet," this year. Perhaps I asked my question a month too soon.

E-mails at your kennel...Yes, you told us about those many months ago too. *fail*

[edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Feb. 18, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

I guess the question for me isn't so much one of whether or not she is currently breeding, but one of should she ever breed.

Marsha Parkinson's situation was never filled with the ambiguities of a hoarder, or the evilness of someone who purposefully set out to abuse, torture or neglect animals.

She was a well respected member of the Arabian community. She had a wealth of knowledge that she often shared freely with others.

She was not a hoarder. She would happily sell a horse, and probably waved as the trailer pulled out of her driveway. That is not the behavior of a hoarder.

She didn't have a secret stall tucked into some back barn where she would experiment on how long it took to starve a horse to death. The neglect the horses suffered under her care wasn't the end goal she had in mind every day when she woke up.

She was a horsewoman who misjudged the market, as a lot of breeders did during that time period. Her downfall wasn't hoarding, or abuse. Or misjudging the economy. Her downfall was not wanting anyone to know that Marsha Parkinson was in trouble. She enjoyed being the Marsha Parkinson, of Canterbury Farm.

That is why she denied having money problems when asked by people within the Arab community. The Marsha Parkinson wouldn't have wormy, untouched, unregistered 2 year olds running wild in the back pasture. So those were the horses she offered for $500 on an anonymous Craigslist ad. The public face of Canterbury continued to be the American home of Equifor, while the reality behind the scenes was somewhat less grand.

Being Marsha Parkinson, and all that meant prior to the public seizure of her horses, was the only thing that made her a "danger" to her horses. Once the word was out, there was no longer anything to protect.

Given the fact that she is not a hoarder, or a crazed abuser who gets off on hurting animals, is she really a danger to them? She will be watched like a hawk. Will anyone ever visit Canterbury again and not ask to see all the horses? Either because they want to catch her out or because they want to say with authority that they did, in fact, see all the horses and they all looked fine?

Because she is never again going to get a free pass based on who she is, I would think the horses in her care will have a better than average chance of receiving exemplary care.

Let her breed. Her horse life is going to be lived in a fish bowl. She has nothing left to protect. As long as she breeds within her means, she should be fine. She isn't breaking the law, she will continue to be watched closely. She has the knowledge to do it correctly.

If she does fall back into old patterns, she will lose the right to breed. Unless that happens, she should be allowed to prove that she learned a lesson.
    Sheilah

4 members found this post helpful.

Sheila

Thank you for the kindest post I have read from you and also from anyone regarding Marsha and Canterbury.

Leo

I was contacted by Marsha legal representatives and I do have to correct an error. Her taxes were NOT in arrears one year as I posted. They were, in fact, paid in full within the year they were due. After the county time frame has expired they do charge interest on the outstanding amount.

They were aware the taxes had been paid, however Marsha did not have legal representation at that time and it is alleged that this was a form of harrassment against Marsha and also was to cause her pressure regarding them offering her farm for sale. It would appear the country was trying to get her to plead guilty by threatening her farm.

Also, the statement Marsha Banned was neither stated by me nor was that stated in the court documents. It was part of the negotiation that as she resumed control over the horses and due to the fact she had not had them for one year, that a slower introduction of 20 at a time would be returned every two months. It was at Marsha's expense that she kept forty and then twenty at other facilities. When all of the horses were returned she had offered that she was not going to increase her herd size until all proceedings were complete. That is this February. Due to the injections given to Goliat and all of the males, their semen will need to be withdrawn and tested. This will require the males to be at a certified facility with applicable documentation. Breeding, while not out of the question is not currently planned.

There were NO conditions nor bans applied to Marsha against breeding nor ownership numbers.

I think we an wrap this thread up. There was no train wreck and all cars are in operation

We removed an unrelated tangent that could have easily been misconstrued in a very negative way re: another poster to keep things on track.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

Fairfax brought up his dog kennels today; & I remember when he brought up his dog kennels in the past is when he also talked about working with children. So how is asking if he still worked with children a low blow?

That YOUR MIND BLUEY possibly ran off into some nasty land, well that is TOTALLY ON YOU!

Fairfax attacked here? You mean Fairfax corrected by others for being caught over & over again in his ever changing versions of what did/did not happen. Just this Thread alone he has changed his stories numerous times.

So Marsha Parkinson may or may not be breeding horses. Who knows.

[B]There was absolutely NO negative intent about the question.

AGAIN, he brought up his dog kennels, which lead to direct rememberence of his stating he worked with children.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Sheila

Thank you for the kindest post I have read from you and also from anyone regarding Marsha and Canterbury.

Leo
    Don't get too excited. I still think you're a crazy attention whore who is willing to drag Marsha Parkinson through the mud as often as possible as long as you get to talk about all your secret, special insider knowledge that is most often pulled out of you bum.

The best thing that could happen to that woman at this point is for you to shut up and never mention her again. Anywhere.
    Sheilah

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
    Don't get too excited. I still think you're a crazy attention whore who is willing to drag Marsha Parkinson through the mud as often as possible as long as you get to talk about all your secret, special insider knowledge that is most often pulled out of you bum.

The best thing that could happen to that woman at this point is for you to shut up and never mention her again. Anywhere.
    Sheilah
    I expect every time someone wants to again talk about this and bring forth some Fairfax doesn't think is so, he will yet again speak up and try to explain there is more to the story, as is his right, if others like it or not.

We can agree or disagree and also say our piece about this topic as we see it, just like with any other.

By the way, I would have expressed my discontent with any personal, out of context, questionable comments about another poster, just the same as I did for Fairfax here and have done so before, no matter what side of a debate I was on.
    That falls under what is right is right.

I still think some odd comments can be unfortunate in some contexts.
    We should understand that and not try to blame others for how they interpret what we post when we make any such comments.

I myself have had to apologize a few times when my innocent comments were wrong for the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    By the way, I would have expressed my discontent with any personal, out of context, questionable comments about another poster, just the same as I did for Fairfax here and have done so before, no matter what side of a debate I was on.
    That falls under what is right is right.
    And thanks for doing so. I find Fairfax' posts to be a wordvomit bore and his seeming inability to post clearly and briefly without repeatedly bringing up the entire history of the universe is baffling, but at this point ThisTooShallPass (who claims to only be interested in whether or not that woman is breeding, but keeps bringing up or harping on the most unrelated nonsense I've ever seen) is clearly playing the antagonizing troll here.

Someone expressing their own opinion is one thing. Presenting themselves as an insider expert on the subject, even after being asked to stop doing so by the person who is actually at the heart of the matter is something else entirely.

Being asked to back up assertions with facts and never doing so is a surefire way to be treated like an idiot.

Purposefully setting out to slander innocent people? All in the name of a personal snit? Not exactly an upstanding character trait. Leo Maxwell has a lot to answer for. Karma? Oh, indeed.

If Leo wants to be treated like a real boy, he needs to step up and make amends for the damage he did to the reputations of many people in his zeal to be "right" about Marsha Parkinson. It wasn't just his crazy theories that have earned him the ill will of most, and gotten him banned from many forums where he held forth on many topics. It was his single minded devotion to saying anything to make other people look bad. And taking his grudge to the real world.

So at first blush, it might look like poor old Leo gets a pounding whenever he shows up. But in point of fact, nothing anyone can say to him on some internet forum can do even a fraction of the damage he has done to good people in real life.

So before anyone starts to feel sorry for Mr. Maxwell, spend some time talking to the people he has damaged.
    Sheilah

Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
    Leo Maxwell has a lot to answer for. Karma? Oh, indeed.

It was his single minded devotion to saying anything to make other people look bad. And taking his grudge to the real world.

So at first blush, it might look like poor old Leo gets a pounding whenever he shows up. But in point of fact, nothing anyone can say to him on some internet forum can do even a fraction of the damage he has done to good people in real life.

So before anyone starts to feel sorry for Mr. Maxwell, spend some time talking to the people he has damaged.
    Sheilah
    You know, most people on this board appear smart enough to see what is happening and make up their minds based on the information both sides present and a poster's history.

Fairfax certainly has a way of coming across as a know-it-all (even the super-secret stuff!OMG!) and is often quite patronizing to other posters who disagree with him. Yeah, we all get that.

But those "arguing" with him by lowering themselves to "cute" comments and "oh-aren't-I-good-at-being-subtly-sarcastic" zingers aren't doing themselves any favors; they just look at least as bad as him.
    Chuckle to yourselves for how witty you are, but at least realize what you are making yourselves look like someone of his level at the same time.

Jeez, I feel like I got stuck in a time warp with this junior-high "But HE started it!!" crap.

I would hope folks could see through the artificial smoke. I don't count on it though. Too much living behind me.