The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 133
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May. 5, 2006
    Posts
    2,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post

    Example: "Stick a fork in your a**. You are done.
    Sheilah"

    Honestly! Unbecoming.
    So sorry to have offended your sense of on-line propriety! However, after years of being on the receiving end of Leo's lies, derogatory language and general offensiveness, I am willing to offend one/some/all for the satisfaction of calling it like I see it.

    For months I treated Leo Maxwell like a reasonable person. I asked him to provide factual information to back up his claims. You know I got in return? Nothing. Just more of the same. And when I called him on his lack of substantiation, I was subjected to some pretty ridiculous accusations.

    He should stick a fork in himself. Over the last few days he has admitted to using multiple accounts on forums to post in support of his agenda. He has admitted that he doesn't research the claims he posts, but rather relies on the veracity of the person/people he is piggybacking on to do so.

    You know what I find unbecoming? Willful stupidity and trolls.

    Now, I am off to hug my horse. Continue to defend Leo. I have said all I wanted to say. To him or you. There is just so much troll feeding I am willing to do during one three day weekend.
    Sheilah


    3 members found this post helpful.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug. 28, 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    You know, all that sounds so nice and concerned, except that when you only pick on one poster, when others have been and are even more objectionable in their personal attacks, well, all that seems for naught...
    Bluey,
    Good morning to you.

    At the time that I wrote my posting, Fairfax was the only one on this thread making ad hominem arguments.

    I do not have a side. I am fairly new to the Arabian horse world and live in an region where there very few Arabians. I read these threads in an effort to become an educated consumer.

    Fairfax's viewpoint may turn out to be the most factually correct out of all of the posters on this thread; however, his use of emotional language and ad hominem arguments make it extremely difficult to parse out the facts on which he bases his opinions.

    In most disputes, the use of emotional language weakens one's position.



    Very Respectfully,
    Amber


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov. 15, 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    Well not quite. Fairfax‘s tge horses were fed, they were old, 75% of them were not in a seize-able state seems pretty excusey to me. No acknowledgement that yes, clearly at least some of them were downright starved (not just oops they‘re a bit skinny because age blah blah).

    Sure if there‘s a bigger story about legal shenanigans that‘s fine, if the county did wrong they should be punished. But the horses in the pictures are starved.
    And lets remember that those pictures [those posted here on this thread] are of the horses seized and taken to a rescue... the photos do not include the dozen she put down, who were worse off.

    Her herd numbered somewhere between 130 and 150, iirc. So those 12 or 13 she put down, plus those who look horrendous in the pics, clearly represent 10% or more of her entire herd. Most needed hoof care, dental care, and deworming and many were unhandled and unregistered.

    Sorry, but regardless of who did what AFTER the authorities came onto that property to seize those animals... the horses were first of all neglected.
    All the boo-hoo, woe-is-me, she couldn't sell her land bologna is irrelevant as Idahorider pointed out... had she sold her library or done any of the other actions before the horses were in craptastic condition that would be a whole different story. But even by Leo/Fairfax's admission she did none of those things, this paragon in the community who must have connections galore didn't ask ANYONE for assistance in finding better hay or in managing those who were failing, until after.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug. 25, 2012
    Posts
    641

    Default

    I agree Fairfax seems most factual in his information. However, I don't think it is being presented the best way possible. Clearly, this is a hot topic but it seems unfortunately more personal attacks going on then informative posts.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun. 29, 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Since you "ladies" started the hunt...I think I will watch the movie The Craft

    This teen film about female witches is definitely not upbeat, funny, or happy. It's about a group of teenage girls who are misfits at their school and discover that they can use the power of witchcraft to put curses on their enemies. A newcomer to the group soon discovers that the ability to use the witchcraft has gone to all of the girls' heads, and they are starting to abuse it in dangerous ways.


    Somehow it seems appropriate.
    Funny just the other day someone laughingly compared you to Regina George and your band of women "researchers" (cough, cough) as The Plastics.
    Since you're evidently a movie aficionado, I'm sure you appreciate how appropriate the comparison is. Popcorn, anyone?


    2 members found this post helpful.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar. 9, 2006
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    So, we still do not know the factual answer to the question:

    Is Marsha Parkinson breeding horses, as alluded to on an Arabian Breeding forum?

    Considering the literal dozens of foals, over the years, she completely failed to ever register herself, it may be quite some time before we find out the correct & truthful answer to the originally posted question.
    Closest thing to a sauna around here would be tarping over a few cows, hold a bucket of water & light a match.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Now Sheila..there you go again...I stated I had several accounts on ABN....and there was a reason however I was not about to disclose it. I have never posted re Marsha from any of those accounts however I have posted information regarding HSUS and rescue groups.

    Here is a mission for you should you choose to accept it. We are unable to find ONE case in United States * a big country where there has been 131 charges (meaning EVERY HORSE resulted in a charge) and have ALL the charges dropped. We did discover a case in Texas regarding a QH breeder with 87 charges of neglect and he plead it out to two charges (I expect to get rid of it) and he had NO ban for owning horses or any other animal.


    Angela...how do you know she put down horses that were worse off? I have NEVER seen the pictures of them. There was no one from the county present and this was before everything started.

    Sheila...you ALWAYS received information as I had it. You then would go on a tirade against any of us who supported Marsha. Check out your own posts. There was NEVER a civil point between us as you were on the attack towards me for holding Carol D. accountable and also challenging HSUS, DEFHR responsible

    Back tro Angela. You do not know WHAT Marsha did or did not do. She had offered her library to one person and they "offered her" $500.00 for ALL of it. She did not realize how much money it was worth and I was happy to help her sell it to the M.E. She had offered to GIVE all colts WITH registration papers. She had advertised in numerous publications and on line

    Like most people..she kept praying the county would release the property. They did say...next week...next week...she did ask for help...and a couple did responds.

    Sheila ...back to you. I would suggest you read previous threads as ALL of your questions have been addressed ...as recent as the thread closed a month or so ago.

    They did NOT arrive on her door step and charge her. Her vet was out on a regular basis and he agreed the " grocery's" were NOT moldy as claimed by posters here...it was just not great feed.

    He was there when they gave the 30 day complance order. He inspected the horses every couple of days. He documented 80% horses dewormed.. all treated for lice even though they did NOT all have lice. Over 80% had farrier work complete. Around 65% had dental (dentist was unable to do more due to scheduling however stated he would be back BEFORE the end of the compliance order.

    A double load of TOP quality hay was delivered three days into the order and another load was on order. They were aware it was to arrive on the day they scheduled their shocking seizure.

    Lets review Sheila. 131 charges DROPPED. CP says we need something..we will give you 10 cases of failure to provide adequate shelter..Judge takes one look at the pictures of all of the shelters and tells Marsha and her lawyers he will NOT ALLOW her to plead to that.

    Not only did she claim back several of the youngsters, she also took back several old mares KNOWING they were going to require euthanization within a couple of months. She took back Goliat knowing he was 28 and would not produce but he needed to be back in his own stall.

    She did use the opportunity to cut down her herd. I told her it was a great opportunity. She had all of those colts (already covered) AND she did leave numerous mares. This was a Sophie's choice for her. It was a horrible experience.

    I hope I have covered it all. Would you please show me proof that you have treated me with respect on this forum "or any forum" for several months

    To new posters...I have had to stand alone while each of these posters takes another run calling me a liar and every other name they can think of. A standard ploy would be to ask me FOR PROOF...they challenged me to disclose defence material BEFORE the case was going to court and when I refused..they call me a liar.

    Dr. Don Heneke who developed the scale wrote a letter AND also printed his address to those rescues who were using his scale incorrectly. He explained that his base was small..21 BREEDING QH mares...and the test was for optimum breeding weight.

    These posters called him a liar...said he never wrote the letter and I made it all up EVEN AFTER it was published in another magazine.

    I explained about the property for sale and they accused me of creating a conspiracy theory...this is where the Tin Foil Hat comments came front.

    When I exposed the FRAUD behind the seizure AND how they (HSUS and DEFHR were caught and how the other rescues were also involved) I was again called a liar and a troll etc.

    When it was presented IN COURT that Stacy from HSUS had sent a letter with all of the pictures of the horses seized telling the rescues to DROP the scores by 1 to 1.5 Again..this group called me a liar demanding proof..it is in court documents and when they could not locate those documents again I was a lying troll who was dodging the questions.

    When a letter from Stacy revealed the seizure was a training opportunity for her equine division...they denied that also (although DEFHR and GG have NEVER denied it)

    A policeman who was a client at Marsha's and was there the day of the seizure printed a letter and this COTH group surrounded the wagons and shot at him..saying he was NOT a policeman...he provided ALL of the information...called him a liar etc....

    Angela and Sheila have continued to present themselves as in the know..and I can simply say..NO...

    Information was acquired by the defense from HSUS showing how to take photos (this was also with DEFHR) and the angles to show a horse at its worst AND how to wet the coat down, use hairspray and dirt to make the ribs look extended.

    They were challenged repeatedly tro identify horses they claimed were from Canterbury...but they could not... as they were not.

    A funny story here...again..I was the lying troll...Angela and Sheila and otheres will remember this. I told them the news media had the helicoptors flying over the farm and scaring the horses...horses were run through fences and also volunteers TORE DOWN fences. Thousands of dollars of damage. The media had a press release kit printed on hi gloss giving them the who what where when and why.

    This group of women would pring...so PROVE helicoptors were scaring the horses...I directed them to the news stations.. NOT ONE of them requested a copy...easy enough to get...it was presented in court. It was also filmed by volunteers.

    BUT..I was, yet again..called a liar who could not prove his stories.

    We provided them with links..they would go quiet..and ten pages demand the same information.

    Most of the readers know the above BY HEART as it has been printed over and over and over...but Sheila and her group still claim I am a troll, liar and one even claimed she had proof I didn't even know Marsha.

    This group applauded when the blog on GG compared her to Hitler, Jeffrey Dalhmer etc. This group found nothing wrong when GG tried in a back handed way to get someone to do something by printing a single, senior, her phone number AND DIRECTIONS to her farm...

    Go to ABN...a lawyer there has printed the names and birth dates on the horses.

    Angela...you already know about the registration as it has been expalined over and over and over...she offered THE COLTS FOR FREE WITH PAPERS..all a person had to do was geld.

    For more information regarding the finanes..THE CRASH OCCURED. Marsha had paid for her property in full when she moved to Maryland from California. She could NOT get any financing on it...but then NO BANKS were giving any financing.

    However she DID WIN all ALL 131 charges were dropped.

    Only criteria...a visit from HSUS 16th of each month. Again...funny story...HSUS guy arrives...inspects with Marsha, a lady friend and a man with them. His only comment was..couldn't she paint the fences with a fresh coat as it would look so much nicer. ..water..feed..everything okay.

    Then his report to the DA. Horses without water. No feed. Filthy conditions..horses in stress..several pages worth. What he didn't know was the "man" was actually a lawyer from Marsha's firm who had also quietly recorded the whole tour.

    See I forgot to mention...HSUS MISSED most of their tours.

    Respectly submitted Fairfax aka Leo Maxwell


    2 members found this post helpful.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThisTooShallPass View Post
    So, we still do not know the factual answer to the question:

    Is Marsha Parkinson breeding horses, as alluded to on an Arabian Breeding forum?

    Considering the literal dozens of foals, over the years, she completely failed to ever register herself, it may be quite some time before we find out the correct & truthful answer to the originally posted question.


    I will type very slowly as you have already been told and you called me a liar

    The horses were under the care of DEFHR and their group. If there was any breeding they would have had to have done it.

    How about it you tell ALL of us who you are. If you have information that she did not register over past years...please provide the proof for this statement..It is not coming fromn ASHA as the stallion reports matched the foals...with exceprtios for mare who did not conceive.

    Give me YOUR PROOF...


    2 members found this post helpful.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb. 20, 2010
    Location
    All 'round Canadia
    Posts
    4,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Her vet was out on a regular basis and he agreed the " grocery's" were NOT moldy as claimed by posters here...it was just not great feed.
    I am still hung up on this issue, legal or illegal seizures be damned - the condition of the horses in those pictures was caused by "not great" hay??? Seriously? Not even inedible, not moldy, just not the highest quality?

    That's why people with no deeper knowledge of the case and no dog in the fight don't believe your ardent defense of this breeder, Fairfax. Because those horses in those pictures (however many there were in her herd in that condition, it was too many) were starved, not just "not getting the best quality feed".


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    This does not mean that Marsha will not breed in the future...Time will tell..I know some of you would love it if she just sold YOU her mares at the wonderful prices you have offered...$250.00 AND you want her to pay transportation.

    This Too Will Pass...ya'll wouldn't be from New York State would ya...?

    Please comply with my request and identify yourself.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coanteen View Post
    I am still hung up on this issue, legal or illegal seizures be damned - the condition of the horses in those pictures was caused by "not great" hay??? Seriously? Not even inedible, not moldy, just not the highest quality?

    That's why people with no deeper knowledge of the case and no dog in the fight don't believe your ardent defense of this breeder, Fairfax. Because those horses in those pictures (however many there were in her herd in that condition, it was too many) were starved, not just "not getting the best quality feed".
    T Y P I N G slowly again.

    Many of the horses in the pictures had nothing to do with Canterbury. The vet went on record UNDER OATH and stated there was not ONE horse that was at risk to collapse or die of malnutrition.

    I would rather go with his testimony than your evaluation


    2 members found this post helpful.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
    Funny just the other day someone laughingly compared you to Regina George and your band of women "researchers" (cough, cough) as The Plastics.
    Since you're evidently a movie aficionado, I'm sure you appreciate how appropriate the comparison is. Popcorn, anyone?

    Well.. the case was won...guess having individuals who have been legislative assistants knowing where to look, a police offier, a court recorder, and several others is impressive.

    So...you never got back to me...how did your CHAT with Dean go...or did you not have his work number... of course..you being so tight with him and all...you would have it...or you could have called him at home and left a message with his wife...of course you will know her name and be on a first name basis with her.


    Who said the researchers were all women. Not I.

    Back to dean...ah....????????


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by californianinkansas View Post
    Bluey,
    Good morning to you.

    At the time that I wrote my posting, Fairfax was the only one on this thread making ad hominem arguments.

    I do not have a side. I am fairly new to the Arabian horse world and live in an region where there very few Arabians. I read these threads in an effort to become an educated consumer.

    Fairfax's viewpoint may turn out to be the most factually correct out of all of the posters on this thread; however, his use of emotional language and ad hominem arguments make it extremely difficult to parse out the facts on which he bases his opinions.

    In most disputes, the use of emotional language weakens one's position.



    Very Respectfully,
    Amber
    Thank you Amber. I will try harder. I have to admit, however, I am tired of the name alling directed towards me and the cries when I defend myself.

    But I am old enough to post back at this school yard mentality.

    AND the end of February is near...LAWSUIT TIME.....will take quite a period of time to have everything done..but her lawyers are pretty impressive. THEY won the case against HSUS,DEFHR et all and uncovered Fraud and instructions to the rescues to lie under oath if needed.

    AND all 131 charges WERE DROPPED and NO conditions as to animal ownership.

    I think it is a lose lose situation to be honest. The horses lost, the owner lost and even the county lost..all because the HSUS wanted a training opportunity.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Feb. 20, 2010
    Location
    All 'round Canadia
    Posts
    4,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    T Y P I N G slowly again.

    Many of the horses in the pictures had nothing to do with Canterbury. The vet went on record UNDER OATH and stated there was not ONE horse that was at risk to collapse or die of malnutrition.

    I would rather go with his testimony than your evaluation
    So the pictures of horses linked earlier in this thread are not from that breeder? These 2 horses from the very first pic in this link are not from her:
    http://saveadraft.blogspot.ca/2012/0...se-horses.html

    Fair enough if they're not. But if they are, I don't care what any vet said, I'll go with my eyes.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May. 7, 2004
    Location
    Linden, CA
    Posts
    843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Now Sheila..there you go again...I stated I had several accounts on ABN....and there was a reason however I was not about to disclose it. I have never posted re Marsha from any of those accounts however I have posted information regarding HSUS and rescue groups.
    Not on ABN you haven't. When you were caught using those anonymous accounts Dean left around, they were deleted. Your posting style is, shall we say, distinctive, and simply googling for HSUS (for example) on ABN, restricting to posts within the past year, will tell the tale to anyone who cares to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2010
    Location
    Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    The vet went on record UNDER OATH and stated there was not ONE horse that was at risk to collapse or die of malnutrition.

    I would rather go with his testimony than your evaluation
    Fairfax,
    First, please note I am not a regular on any threads to do with this seizure, so I may ask questions you have answered elsewhere, so apologies in advance.

    Regarding the above quote, and taking into consideration you have commented that there were very skinny horses at this lady's place, wouldn't you agree that there is a difference between "WAY too skinny and not being well-fed" and "not at immediate risk of collapse/death"?

    This woman apparently had a good relationship with her vet; why did she not, when it became very apparent that she was neglecting these horses and she couldn't keep the weight on them, feet well done, dentistry done, etc., cut down the herd size at the end of a needle? It's lovely to keep those old skinny broodies after they can't produce, but not at the risk of all the rest.
    Some here will flame me, but I see nothing wrong with euthanasia if you can't afford specialty feeds or whatever else it takes to keep them healthy. You say she did it previously (euthanize), so why not at a point when things were getting worse? Surely you cannot agree with that choice on her part?

    I do agree that this entire situation was riddled with errors on both sides and that those involved with this seizure likely went into it with disturbing intentions, but you have to admit BOTH sides were in the wrong here, not just one.

    Her hopes for something to change, her dreams, her feelings about her horses don't diminish the fact that she failed as a steward to her horses. Nor does the fact that the other side was in the wrong for how they handled it.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    16,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    T Y P I N G slowly again.

    Many of the horses in the pictures had nothing to do with Canterbury. The vet went on record UNDER OATH and stated there was not ONE horse that was at risk to collapse or die of malnutrition.

    I would rather go with his testimony than your evaluation
    That's one too many, isn't it?
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant



  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jun. 1, 2002
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    10,986

    Default

    Can someone tell me how many arabians she owns now and how many of them are registered?

    Are the horses in the pictures linked hers or not hers?



  19. #79
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2010
    Location
    Where humidity isn't just a word, it's a way of life.
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    That's one too many, isn't it?
    "not one horse", not "one horse"



  20. #80
    Join Date
    Jun. 29, 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Please comply with my request and identify yourself.
    Right. Hey ThisToo -- better get on that request right away.



Similar Threads

  1. Marsha Hudkins Suffolk VA contact info
    By fourfillies in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb. 13, 2013, 12:12 PM
  2. Replies: 174
    Last Post: Jul. 13, 2012, 10:12 PM
  3. breeding of the rolex horses
    By Bravestrom in forum Eventing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Apr. 30, 2012, 03:51 PM
  4. Replies: 63
    Last Post: Feb. 27, 2012, 09:42 PM
  5. Why aren't we breeding better horses?
    By Jewels09 in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 336
    Last Post: Oct. 28, 2011, 02:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •