The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yay Katie!

Yay Beezie!

go Upstate NY!

1 members found this post helpful.

Great ride, Beezie!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Congrats to Beezie! She's deceptive in the jump-off. She's so smooth it doesn't look like she's going that fast. And then you look at the clock.

And a great finish for Katie as well.

3 members found this post helpful.

I agree MHM. Looked a little slow to the eye!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Wondering if we could swap Royce and Rebozo. Margie is kicking away at the saddlepad with her legs that are even shorter since she broke them all and Rodrigo is having rails with his feet. And Todd... must he go first in every jumpoff? Shall we start a petition? And Cortes C? Who are you and what have you done with the real Cortes?

4 members found this post helpful.

I think it's really neat that 1 and 2 in this event represented both ends of the US lady show jumper spectrum - older and extremely experienced vs. young and learning (but obviously succeeding!).

Skelly and Big Star remind me sooooo much of Eric and Hickstead... I wouldn't want to try riding that horse, he is QUITE the firecracker, but oh, the grand results in the right hands!

Dang I missed it...I was going to go but it was windy so didn't go tonite (wimpy in my old age)...but I forgot about watching live stream ( also old age).

It is exciting being there but you get close up on the screen. They have the big screen at the arena as well...if you are in an area where you can't see a jump well, it helps. By the time I logged on it must have been over

Uphill, they usually have it available on that site on demand by the next day.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Uphill, they usually have it available on that site on demand by the next day.
    Great - I missed it having a long heart to heart with DS who is having some relationship issues. A little sad since they're both good kids, but makes me feel good he calls to talk it out.

Plus I had to clean out my cat box. While doing so, I thought, "Yup - it's Saturday night and I have to clean out the cat box. What an exciting life!"

Plan on watching in the a.m. until it warms up enough to make the trip to the barn worthwhile. Looking forward to seeing Beezie, and Ben Maher once again.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Tried the 'On Demand' button, then selected the class, but it states the "live" class is over. Guess they need time to edit/? before putting it back up?
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Default Is MarkQ ok?

Kevin and MarkQ were pure magic in Devon. Hope he is ok. And for Kevin, who is a great horseman and perfect gentleman!