The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

RoseBud, see Post #17.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    RoseBud, see Post #17.
    Bahhh... Totally misses that... Lol thanks.
    Posted with my Android smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordWentworth View Post
    Darn, looks like it maxes out at a 54". I think I would need a 56"...for my coming 3 year old
    It does measure true to size, for what its worth, not all girths do. Maybe measure your current girth and see?

Quote Originally Posted by Satin Filly View Post
    It does measure true to size, for what its worth, not all girths do. Maybe measure your current girth and see?
    I will definitely do that. Is there much stretch in the elastic? I hate over stretchy elastics but they may help in this situation.
    Thanks

SF, your saddle/ girth match is commendable . Your tack is beautiful, what products do you use for cleaning and conditioning? I have been on a quest for a cleaning product I am happy with. Several people have recommended the lether combi to me and I haven't tried it yet. Your tack looks gorgeous though, and I'd never guess that saddle is 20. You're and inspiration .

Quote Originally Posted by M. Owen View Post
    SF, your saddle/ girth match is commendable . Your tack is beautiful, what products do you use for cleaning and conditioning? I have been on a quest for a cleaning product I am happy with. Several people have recommended the lether combi to me and I haven't tried it yet. Your tack looks gorgeous though, and I'd never guess that saddle is 20. You're and inspiration .

Aww thank you! That's very sweet! I don't have any special tack care tips or magical products . I've tried a lot of tack cleaning products over the years and always come back to my trusty bar of glycerine soap. I did recently buy some KL Select Mad Cow soap that I like, but I think that is mostly comprised of glycerine and has some conditioners in it. Nothing leaves a luster on tack like plain 'ole glycerine though. I think the most important tip is to never let the dirt get out of hand, and don't use too much soap & water so that the tack sponge doesn't get foamy. Foamy residue gets all in and around the stitching and crevices and builds up quickly. It helps to bring my saddle home often, and clean it in good lighting when I'm not feeling rushed. I scrub in circular motions, and rinse/re-lather my sponge often. I also really really like Passier Lederbalsam! I don't use that any more than 2x month though.

Quote Originally Posted by LordWentworth View Post
    I will definitely do that. Is there much stretch in the elastic? I hate over stretchy elastics but they may help in this situation.
    Thanks

No stretch hardly at all! It has super strong elastic.