The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 13yo Thoroughbred mare FREE LEASE in Madison, WI

Maddie is a flashy 16.3 hand thoroughbred mare. She is best suited for an intermediate+ rider who is looking to fine tune their riding or take on a their next challenge. Maddie has been shown Intro dressage at the Hoofer facility and has done well earning 70+% marks. She schools training level easily, and she could progress to 1st level with the right rider. Maddie is also started over fences and has schooled up to 2'9" with my share boarder, but she steps over them and could go higher. She is sound and needs a job; it's too bad the market is what it is.

I just recently bought my first house and am a first year teacher, so I just don't have the time she requires. She is much happier working 6 days a week than anything else. She is a big girl, and she knows it. She has been known to sit down in cross ties and smack her head on the ceiling. She also has been known to be territorial and food aggressive, but it is not an issue with me and she backs right off. She is generally a very sweet, in your pocket horse, but she needs a leader in her human.

Lease terms are flexible, but I would prefer somewhere in the south-central Wisconsin area, Rockford area or north suburbs of Chicago. I must be able to check on her from time to time and would love to get updates. Please email me at scianna2+Maddie@Gmail.com for more info.

My share boarder has many videos posted at: http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...&v=iwAE-K9wkYA.

BUMP for this mare...

I went out to lunge her last night, but there were jump lessons going on. I thought, "What the heck" and jumped on her. She rode like a dream! She was calm and cool even with over a month off and horses galloping over fences next to her. We walk/trotted for the most part, but she also jumped and picked up a lovely canter over a ground pole, haha. This mare wants to have a job! She actually perked her ears at the saddle coming out!

She looks like a nice mover and jumper. Hope you can find the right person to lease her

Had someone come out to view this mare, and she was golden even with time off! W/T/C and over fences, she didn't blink an eye. Hoping to find someone to show her this summer! I'd really like to see her with someone who could get her out to a few Novice events.

Willing to let this mare go further at this point for the right situation if you provide the transportation. If the lease worked out, I'd also be willing to turn over ownership after a period of 6 months.

Breeding lease IS a possibility as I know her pedigree is very in demand.

I am VERY interested in this horse. Sent you an email, please get back to me asap. email = jldequestrian@gmail.com or call/text eight.four.seven.two.one.nine.nine.six.two.nine. (not sure if they let us post phone numbers. I am in NORTHERN IL.

1 members found this post helpful.

Maddie has found a new home with a long time acquaintance. I will be sure to forward your information over to her in case it doesn't work out!