The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rambo Supreme Owners

Does your Rambo Supreme hood have a blanket size ie 75", or a regular horseware hood size, s, m, l etc.

I ask because I recently purchased two Rambo supremes, one medium, one heavy, from separate sellers.

The medium blanket is a 72" but came with a hood that is labeled 75" and is slightly too big on my mare. I contacted the seller, and they said that is their medium hood which comes with 69-75 blankets.

Then yesterday I received the heavy, and the hood on it says 72" and is slightly smaller then the one on the 75". The seller of the one with the wrong hood size still says horseware only sells s, m, l ones.

I am just curious to know what the hood sizes on other people's blankets say. Thanks in advance

I have had many of these over the years and the design clearly changed.

My oldest Supreme belongs to my pony, it's probably 7-8 years old at this point (still looking and feeling/working like I bought it yesterday). It has a zipper to attach the neck cover to the blanket and to close the neck cover (not the best design, if you ask me). The neck cover has no size marked but the blanket is a 72 and I'd peg it at similar to a medium on the separately purchased hoods.

I have a Supreme for my thoroughbred that must have been the next iteration. It's almost that old. But it has short velcro to attach and close the neck cover. It's a size 78 and the hood says 78.

I have several new Supremes for Frankie that are maybe 3 years old max. They have double locking velcro to close the hood and regular velcro to attach. BY FAR the best closure, IMHO. His blankets/sheets are size 81 and the hoods are marked large.

So I think Horseware changed their plans over the years. I cannot imagine why they'd ever have a hood marked a difference size than the blanket. It sounds like somewhere along the line the hoods got replaces or swapped?!

What closure does yours have?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

They have the double locking velcro, and seem to be the "newest" type out there. The hood part is just very confusing. I also think that the hood got put on by accident somewhere along the line, I just wish the seller would not keep telling me it is the right hood. Thank you for your info.

Funny, I just went through all this on Rambos. My horse needs a XXL neck. My Rambo Supreme came with an XL hood which rubbed his neck. I found a XXL hood in Dover basement and it fit perfectly. So when I went to purchase a new Rambo, I found that the new Optimo size 84" comes with an XXL, but the Supreme and Duo 84's come with XL. I know this because I opened the bag to check. So, net net, they come in s, m, l, xl, xxl.

I just checked mine, I have a 420g supreme that is a year old. Both the blanket and hood read 84

I have a Heavy Supreme purchased in December with all the newest features. Size 78" blanket and size 78" hood. I think that seller is full of crap--I would raise a stink if I were you!
    Quote Originally Posted by EquineImagined View Post
    My subconscious is a wretched insufferable beotch.

Thanks all, I think I definitely have a foot to stand on when I make my case now, seeing as it is just not magically my two blankets with hoods with inch sizes.