The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oops I forgot no MWF collections. I don't know about all of these but I can tell you that you wont find a better, harder working stallion manager than Edgar at Rainbow Equss. They collect every day and will drive the semen to an airport if needed. Same with Jennifer at Dreamscape but as far as I know only Sir Gregory has competed to the level asked for and he has already been suggested. Also, Edgar has the fabulous Wild Dance a high level competitor whose show career got cut short by freak injury.

How about Sandro Fidelis by Sandro Hit out of Feiner Stern mare. He will be standing at Oak Hill Ranch (Rambo/Parragon) this year. There is some video on you tube.

DownYonder is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

You ladies are coming up with some great suggestions!

Mare owner isn't going to go for a stallion with Donnerhall close up in the pedigree, so that leaves out Don Principe and Rubignon, nor will she go for one that is already double bred to Donnerhall, so that leaves out Sir Gregory. She also isn't keen on Weltmeyer, so Wolkentanz II and Wild Dance are probably out, too.

We are looking into some of the others. Thanks for the ideas!

And SID, you read my mind - we are looking at some jumper bred stallions to get the canter!

You might want to look at Edelweiss de Bonce. He trained to Grand Prix with Catherine Haddad-Staller and she said he was the easiest horse she ever trained to that level. Plus he does have the interesting breeding of being bred for jumping! And, I have to say, he is just a classic gentleman. Mannhattan has also produced a few really lovely dressage horses, as well...consistently throws that beautiful canter...LOVE riding that . Good luck in the search! Lots of lovely boys to pick from these days !
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

1 members found this post helpful.

Olivier very consistently puts a super hind leg and excellent canter on his foals. He is a successful Grand Prix competitor and has offspring competing very successfully in dressage.

www.imajica.net

I have used Soprano (Sandro Hit-Contender) twice, and the Contender has come through well. The eldest, Electra NSN. is under saddle, was a breeze to back. She has tons of suspension with a very quick and powerful hindquarters. Mind you, her Idocus dam is no slouch either. The other offspring was sold and is coming 3, not yet backed, also a very good mover.

http://www.angelfire.com/ns2/our_hor...21Electra.html
    http://www.angelfire.com/ns2/our_hor...3Farazana.html
    Martha Haley - NeverSayNever Farm
    2009 KWN-NA Breeder of the Year/Silver Level Breeder
    www.angelfire.com/ns2/our_horses/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Never...01844536521951

I second Majestic Gait's Schroeder. I used him afew years ago on my Weltmeyer mare and that filly is THE most balanced and athletic foal I have yet to produce. She can "sit" like nobody's business and could almost from the moment she was born. I don't say this lightly, but I really think she is a solid FEI prospect. She won her very large inspection against foals by Sir Gregory (who I adore) and several other prominent stallions + finished in the top 15 of the nation for her foaling year.

Lovely, lovely filly!

Personally, I think Schroeder is one of the best stallions currently standing in the US, and one of the most under-used. Maybe it's because he's a bay? And Kathy is great to work with. In addition, he's approved by every major registry in the USA, so that isn't easy.

Martha, I love your Sopranos! Very nice.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

In seeking jumper blood for the engine and canter, try to find one that is quite compact with a super loin hip connection. A rocket launcher hind end, still must be easy to collect and a more compact package surely fits the bill. Surely, I would not seek a jumper that is too strung out and long in body to sire a really good dressage prospect. But that's just me.

Not sure if I'm articulating this very well.
    Last edited by sid; Feb. 17, 2013 at 08:43 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.

DownYonder is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    In seeking jumper blood for the engine and canter, try to find one that is quite compact with a super loin hip connection. A rocket launcher hind end, still must be easy to collect and a more compact package surely fits the bill. Surely, I would not seek a jumper that is too strung out and long in body to sire a really good dressage prospect. But that's just me.

Not sure if I'm articulating this very well.
    Yes, you are articulating it extremely well - that is exactly our thought, too.

Well thank you Kyzteke. Yes, he should be used more. Color is not the most important to me. Performance, health and soundness first. I just got back from the trainers and one of the vets was watching his canter and said "oh wow" and the trainer said, yeah you can ride that canter all day long. BTW, his colt Hifive MG (Schroeder x Goodtimes) was first premium this year, 2nd in class to only a point away from a Totilas foal. Not too shabby huh? He is sold and is now staying at DG Bar in CA where he will be raised hopefully for a stallion prospect. Congrats on yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyzteke View Post
    I second Majestic Gait's Schroeder. I used him afew years ago on my Weltmeyer mare and that filly is THE most balanced and athletic foal I have yet to produce. She can "sit" like nobody's business and could almost from the moment she was born. I don't say this lightly, but I really think she is a solid FEI prospect. She won her very large inspection against foals by Sir Gregory (who I adore) and several other prominent stallions + finished in the top 15 of the nation for her foaling year.

Lovely, lovely filly!

Personally, I think Schroeder is one of the best stallions currently standing in the US, and one of the most under-used. Maybe it's because he's a bay? And Kathy is great to work with. In addition, he's approved by every major registry in the USA, so that isn't easy.
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst

Idocus is standing at DG Bar, though he is an older stallion now. Got stellar scores for all gaits, maybe a 9.5 for canter? It was a good score in any case.Of course was an Olympic competitor. He is 16.3 himself, often will throw smaller. I've met Idocus several times and have seen many of his offspring; usually good temperaments, many doing upper level work. I know of at least two at the Grand Prix level. Jumping lines in the pedigree. Since there isn't much information about the mare in question here other than has Donnerhall in the pedigree, no idea if this would be a match, but he does seem to meet your stated criteria. No idea about the collection schedule at DG Bar, but Willy Arts is a "can do" horseman.

Contester II puts on a very powerful quick hind leg and his canter gets him 8's.
    KWPN mares can get register A foals if the dam is in the mare book.
    C2 showed I2 last year and will debut GP this year. Scores can be found on center line scores and pedigree on All Breeds Query.

Feel free to contact me as I am the owner of C2.
    JW Sporthorses
    Home to Contester II
    (Contender/Lancetto)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JW-Spo...s/256565069298