The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Boarding in Salem, OR

I'll be moving to the Salem, OR area this summer and am looking for a good place to board. Pasture boarding or stalls with attached paddocks would be ideal as this is a gelding who's always lived outdoors and gets a bit claustrophobic inside. Any leads?

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom!

Judy Brawley at Brawley Farms is the best place in that area. Does the AA shows and is a good, safe trainer with a nice facility.
    kenyagirl

Judy Brawley's place is in Jefferson. That's a few exits down (South) I-5 from Salem. Salem is kinda sprawling, it might be more or less feasible depending on which part of Salem you live in.

Judy's barn is a proper H/J show barn... with the care, skill, lack of TO (IMO) and price you'd expect. IME, Judy is fair, honest and a pleasure to deal with.

Heinz57 here lives near there and I think she works in Salem. The girl has also been around these parts forever. I think she could steer you best.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Thanks! I'll check out Brawley Farms and try to hunt down Heinz57.

Are you a H/J rider? There are a few places near Keizer/Salem that would be worth checking out, but it's not the mecca of barns in Oregon that's for sure =) Be prepared to share facilities with Western riders, and possibly cowz

Default barns in Salem Oregon

Just up the freeway about 25 miles you will find many h/j barns-Wilsonville area has several including the new facility Side by Side-- there are others as well depending on what you are looking for in a facility

I am a H/J rider but currently living in Wyoming, so sharing with cows and Western riders is fine by me! I'd love to hear about any places in the Salem/Keizer area that you know of, Green Light. I'm hoping to live more on the south side of Salem, but will keep Wilsonville in mind in case I end up on the other side of town.

Thanks guys!!