The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone know anything about Limet Hurry?

Someone suggested he might be a nice cross for one of my mares, but I can't find much info on him. He's WAY bigger than I would probably pick, but looks nice conformation-wise. The video they have of him isn't great quality. But he's going PSG in dressage. So anyone have any opinions about him, or experience with any of his babies? I'm good with TB bloodlines, but really don't know anything about warmblood lines.

My mare is a TB, awesome over fences, excellent conformation, although could be slightly longer in the neck, about 16.1 hands. Her only real fault is she's pretty quirky. But she's good for me, and I'd be looking to keep the foal for myself, so don't mind if the foals turns out just like momma. She's more of a jumper type, but still a very pretty mover. I'm not looking to do the UL of anything, but like nice horses. I've always been a TB person, but would love to have a TB/WB cross for myself. Goals for the foal would be more dressage than anything, a little jumpers, possibly the occasional schooling level eventing, some trails. Only thing I don't really care for is hunters.

Anyway, Limet Hurry is a Czech warmblood, liscensed by the RPSI.
    Bloodlines http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/limet+hurry
    Website with video http://wolfrunfarm.com/WRF113.htm

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    Chestnut Run Stable & Zeltt Racing Stable
    www.Zeltt.com
    Standing "Tiz Brian" at Stud, 16.1 h bay TB by Tiznow

I don't know much about him but he was related to my mare. She was pretty sensitive and very much a one owner type of horse. Seems like a lot of the Czch/Kinskey blood horses are that way.

If you are looking at an double dilute that isn't as large you can look at Blue eyed dream. I have seen him and he seems to be a sweety. He can jump too

http://www.palominowarmbloods.com/blueeyeddream.html
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

I'm not looking for specific color, although I'm not opposed to a cool color. My mare is chestnut, and despite what people say about chestnut, TB, mares, I wouldn't trade her for anything. LOL I did go look at Blue Eyed Dream and he is very nice. If I decide to breed her to a warmblood, I'd like something a bit more "dressage-ey" moving, though. I still may breed her to a TB. I'm not in a hurry. With her quirky-ness, I want to find the **perfect** match for her. I'm probably only going to breed her one time, so....

I like sensitive, and my mare is also very much a one person kind of horse, so Czech may be a good cross since I want to keep the foal for myself.

Thank you for the info!

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    Chestnut Run Stable & Zeltt Racing Stable
    www.Zeltt.com
    Standing "Tiz Brian" at Stud, 16.1 h bay TB by Tiznow

Last I heard he was only available via frozen semen, so be aware of that. It seems he is doing very well in performance, but I don't see his babies doing much. Maybe just because he hasn't breed alot of mares? He's been in the country now for about 10 yrs, so there should be something out there...

1 members found this post helpful.