The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2010
    Posts
    47

    Default

    When you don't buy single doses, but a larger bottle, how long do you have to use it up before it goes bad? Also, how are you guys using the Pentosan? Are you doing more than one loading dose a year? Do you give monthly injections after initial loading dose?



  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2011
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisydoo View Post
    When you don't buy single doses, but a larger bottle, how long do you have to use it up before it goes bad? Also, how are you guys using the Pentosan? Are you doing more than one loading dose a year? Do you give monthly injections after initial loading dose?
    I haven't had any trouble with mine going bad, and if memory serves, the shelf-life was about 5 years (as long as you store it out of direct sunlight in a temperature-controlled environment). I do the loading dose twice per year and then once a month in between. I'm not sure if that part is really necessary with PPS, actually, but it can't hurt. I definitely notice the biggest difference in my gelding's movement just after the loading dose period.
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." ~Arabian proverb

    http://www.janakellam.com


    1 members found this post helpful.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep. 8, 2010
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverJana View Post
    I haven't had any trouble with mine going bad, and if memory serves, the shelf-life was about 5 years (as long as you store it out of direct sunlight in a temperature-controlled environment). I do the loading dose twice per year and then once a month in between. I'm not sure if that part is really necessary with PPS, actually, but it can't hurt. I definitely notice the biggest difference in my gelding's movement just after the loading dose period.
    Expiration date is 6 months after compounding.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan. 3, 2013
    Posts
    372

    Default

    what loading dose do you guys normally do? I've heard once a week for 6 weeks, once every 5 days for 4-6 doses and a few other variations



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2011
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davistina67 View Post
    Expiration date is 6 months after compounding.
    Oh! Just kidding. I wonder where I heard 5 years from? Anyhow, thank you for the correction.
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." ~Arabian proverb

    http://www.janakellam.com



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar. 6, 2011
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stargzng386 View Post
    what loading dose do you guys normally do? I've heard once a week for 6 weeks, once every 5 days for 4-6 doses and a few other variations
    I do once weekly for 4 weeks.
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." ~Arabian proverb

    http://www.janakellam.com



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov. 29, 2011
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Any Canadians order from horseprerace? I ordered mine last week and its been flagged at the border for agricultural review, and apparently hpr claimed its value at $5 per unit, when its actually $40. I'm being charged $16 because of the review and maybe more charges pending review.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is this inspection random? Or should I expect this everytime if I order from them again? I've never had problems when I ordered adequan from Allivet.



Similar Threads

  1. Price for pentosan
    By KateKat in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Feb. 17, 2012, 02:14 PM
  2. Pentosan....
    By EauMare in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Dec. 12, 2011, 08:51 AM
  3. Where to find the best price on Pentosan?
    By eventingVOL in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul. 30, 2010, 11:02 AM
  4. Pentosan Where to buy
    By Nancy in forum Horse Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov. 25, 2009, 04:16 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov. 20, 2009, 09:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness