The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When you don't buy single doses, but a larger bottle, how long do you have to use it up before it goes bad? Also, how are you guys using the Pentosan? Are you doing more than one loading dose a year? Do you give monthly injections after initial loading dose?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisydoo View Post
    When you don't buy single doses, but a larger bottle, how long do you have to use it up before it goes bad? Also, how are you guys using the Pentosan? Are you doing more than one loading dose a year? Do you give monthly injections after initial loading dose?
    I haven't had any trouble with mine going bad, and if memory serves, the shelf-life was about 5 years (as long as you store it out of direct sunlight in a temperature-controlled environment). I do the loading dose twice per year and then once a month in between. I'm not sure if that part is really necessary with PPS, actually, but it can't hurt. I definitely notice the biggest difference in my gelding's movement just after the loading dose period.
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." ~Arabian proverb

http://www.janakellam.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverJana View Post
    I haven't had any trouble with mine going bad, and if memory serves, the shelf-life was about 5 years (as long as you store it out of direct sunlight in a temperature-controlled environment). I do the loading dose twice per year and then once a month in between. I'm not sure if that part is really necessary with PPS, actually, but it can't hurt. I definitely notice the biggest difference in my gelding's movement just after the loading dose period.
    Expiration date is 6 months after compounding.

1 members found this post helpful.

what loading dose do you guys normally do? I've heard once a week for 6 weeks, once every 5 days for 4-6 doses and a few other variations

Quote Originally Posted by davistina67 View Post
    Expiration date is 6 months after compounding.
    Oh! Just kidding. I wonder where I heard 5 years from? Anyhow, thank you for the correction.
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears." ~Arabian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by stargzng386 View Post
    what loading dose do you guys normally do? I've heard once a week for 6 weeks, once every 5 days for 4-6 doses and a few other variations
    I do once weekly for 4 weeks.

Any Canadians order from horseprerace? I ordered mine last week and its been flagged at the border for agricultural review, and apparently hpr claimed its value at $5 per unit, when its actually $40. I'm being charged $16 because of the review and maybe more charges pending review.
    Has this happened to anyone else? Is this inspection random? Or should I expect this everytime if I order from them again? I've never had problems when I ordered adequan from Allivet.