The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I really don't need more sheets for the horses...

But I bought a V-Free Storm Shield turn out for my donk and I'd really like to have some for my horses. I really like the way they are made. (And just by chance, it's rained for the last four days and I got a Schineidler's catalog in the mail today.) The horses already have two turn out sheets plus a mid weight blanket each. I live in Alabama. Horses don't need all these clothes here, right? Someone take away my credit card!
    "Dogs are man's best friend. Cats are man's adorable little serial killer." -- theoatmeal.com

Not a fan at all of Schneiders blankets. They give my wide chested boys shoulder rubs. I sold every single schniders blanket I had and will never buy a blanket from again.

Hopefully that discourages you

Well, the donk is pretty thin through the shoulders. Horses, however, are a pretty wide. I have a couple of other sheets from them that I like for the horses but not this cut. Hmmm....

They really don't need more clothes. I need to say that to myself about 100 times straight.
    "Dogs are man's best friend. Cats are man's adorable little serial killer." -- theoatmeal.com

I had a thoroughbred with a very large shoulder, Schneider's didn't fit him all that well. I also ordered one of their best turn out sheets and it wasn't waterproof like advertised. The water (not pouring rain or anything) seeped right through. I returned it for another and that did the same thing. I sent it back and will not order again. I'm pretty much Rambo or nothing now.