The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sporty sit tite spray questions

Hi, I'm interested in buying some of the sit tote spray stuff in the orange can. I was wondering if any of you guys had it? Can you spray it in your knee patches? Can you spray it on your saddle or will saddle marks come onto your breeches? Thanks!

I think it works best when you spray it on your boots/breeches and not directly on your saddle.

I spray the inner tops of my boots and just above my knee patches. You will need to wipe it off your saddle with a little soap after riding, but it comes right off.

I just spray it on my boot calfs, and it normally comes off easily. It works but a little goes a LONG way. I made that mistake the first time I used it and I literally could not move my leg at all.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

The Great White North, where we get taxed out the wazoo

Its also fine on saddles and reins, used it hunting and showing a real back cracking youngster.

I have used it on the inside of my boots...make sure to clean it off afterwards...that stuff is STICKY! (obviously...but wow.)

I wouldn't spray it on my knee patches. I would be afraid it would stain the patch. I would rather spray it on my saddle where my knee patch would hit.

It gives the breeches a slight stain but nothing too noticeable.
    Leather is a different story though... I used it for a while and it completely ruined my saddle - any attempt to get the stuff off also rubbed the leather off. The Parlanti rep told me it was like acid for the softer leather and would make holes in them in no time, and the Devoucoux rep cursed it as well; that was enough to make me throw it out!

It definitely gives you a lot more grip, but I don't think I'll use it again, at least with expensive tack/boots.

Most people spray it on to their boots. Please give fair warning to anyone who gives you a leg up right after you do so.