The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I asked as well on the FB page.... if it is just for the 2013 season... well,
    here we go again. Why not just say "we purchased them?"... According to Jos, they did... so WHY not say so?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    THIS! And DMK too - really. Wasn't this thread supposed to be about new owner(s) of two stallions NOT RS? And almost "poetic" DMK - ?? That's funny
    Glad you all find that funny, RS almost landed in a really nice home, like you all claimed that you wanted for these horses. You think the witch hunt on this thread had nothing to do with her backing out? doubtful. Was it the only thing, probably not. But the fact is you can not ever say your words were "useful"

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Why not just say "we purchased them?"... According to Jos, they did...
    Please note, in the interests of accuracy - which is important and tends towards lacking in this overall scenario - that I did not say that Paul/Ashland had bought the horses. I have not seen a Bill of Sale, and have no way of verifying that. What I said was that I had telephoned Paul and spoken with him and that he had told me that he had bought them. I repeat my specific quote below.

I would encourage anyone that has questions to call Ashland Farm directly and ask them, as I did, not to hypothesize and conjecture! There's too much of that going on already!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    I spoke with Paul Morgan - the owner of Ashland Farm - yesterday and he told me that he had purchased the stallions in January, although they had only arrived in Ontario a couple of days ago, having travelled via Kentucky where they were laid over.

10 members found this post helpful.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    THIS! And DMK too - really. Wasn't this thread supposed to be about new owner(s) of two stallions NOT RS? And almost "poetic" DMK - ?? That's funny
    Well, I DO try to keep a note of humor in my posts, so glad you appreciate it.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

7 members found this post helpful.

Well their FB statement is pretty clear... another disappointment.

2 members found this post helpful.

I sincerely hope you have correct information Jos.

3 members found this post helpful.

He posted what he was told which makes his info correct. If the info he was told wasn't correct is another matter, but I don't see Paul lying to him.

You know, I am glad to hear these boys arrived in good condition regardless of the circumstances that landed them there but am sickened by the thought of some horses on her property being well fed while others were starved. Who the hell does that? How do you decide who is worthy of basic nourishment?

9 members found this post helpful.

I've seen it locally with one of our WB breeders here. Helped rehome a TB mare from that farm, totally disgusting! And I don't understand it either.

1 members found this post helpful.

I have seen it too, and would be willing to bet you would recognize the name if I told you. Got the person's trainer's license pulled for several years because of it. He was feeding the horses in the front field by the road where people could see as they drove by and starving the horse in the back. I still don't understand it.

fwiw, if you are shipping a horse cross country or from west coast to ontario - the horse will generally go to a lay over in KY. That is the hub and where they change from east/west travel to north travel.

so that layover probably has nothing to do with anything other than that is how the transport biz works.

my guess is that the stallions are at Rideauwood for quarantine ?

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    Now if a person wanted to take him home and love him and hold him and call him George.....
    This has zero to do with the thread but I highly appreciate the quote from an old Bugs Bunny cartoon!! Cannot go wrong ever with Bugs!

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    Due to the circumstances it was highly suspicious that no money changed hands, no bill of sale could be produced (according to court docs.) Obviously it DID matter to the authorities.

sold past participle, past tense of sell (Verb)
    Verb
    1.Give or hand over (something) in exchange for money: "they had sold the car".
    You really struggle with appropriate boundaries, don't you? Since when does it matter what you think in terms of a horse being sold and the deal falling apart? Unless you are directly involved, you really have nothing to say in the matter. The people that crucified RSF for choosing not to go through with the sale have some seriously unusual investments emotionally in the lives of others. For all we know, RSF decided she was sick of the drama and was choosing to no longer involve herself - a very wise woman, if you ask me! And if you think the drama is nonexistent, then you likely need forceps to pull your head out from your nether-regions!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    You really struggle with appropriate boundaries, don't you? Since when does it matter what you think in terms of a horse being sold and the deal falling apart? Unless you are directly involved, you really have nothing to say in the matter. The people that crucified RSF for choosing not to go through with the sale have some seriously unusual investments emotionally in the lives of others. For all we know, RSF decided she was sick of the drama and was choosing to no longer involve herself - a very wise woman, if you ask me! And if you think the drama is nonexistent, then you likely need forceps to pull your head out from your nether-regions!

Now this is entertainment, as I never crucified anyone. Just pointed out what happened to be the TRUTH. I've been around for awhile, been involved in all kinds of horse deals on every level. Just called it like I saw it, and I happened to have the right opinion. Wondering why that bothers some of you so much?

Sold is sold, not understanding the difficulty with that concept. As far as speculation...read your post, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    fwiw, if you are shipping a horse cross country or from west coast to ontario - the horse will generally go to a lay over in KY. That is the hub and where they change from east/west travel to north travel.

so that layover probably has nothing to do with anything other than that is how the transport biz works.

my guess is that the stallions are at Rideauwood for quarantine ?
    And if Brookledge shipped them, they have a facility in Kentucky. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    I have seen it too, and would be willing to bet you would recognize the name if I told you. Got the person's trainer's license pulled for several years because of it. He was feeding the horses in the front field by the road where people could see as they drove by and starving the horse in the back. I still don't understand it.
    I know exactly who you're talking about! Just sick.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    Now this is entertainment, as I never crucified anyone. Just pointed out what happened to be the TRUTH. I've been around for awhile, been involved in all kinds of horse deals on every level. Just called it like I saw it, and I happened to have the right opinion. Wondering why that bothers some of you so much?

Sold is sold, not understanding the difficulty with that concept. As far as speculation...read your post, LOL.
    I don't have to speculate - your posts speak for themselves in regards to this matter. Why do you care what happens or doesn't happen, transaction-wise? The emotional investment in this situation by you and some others is just odd. Why does it matter whether RSF chose not to pursue the sale or not? How are you impacted?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

5 members found this post helpful.

If I had to guess, RSF made a logical business decision. It was beginnimg to look as though it could be several months before she would get the stallion released to her, which means he would miss the breeding season. You can't take bookings until you know the stud is available to provide the service and mare owners are finalyzing selections now. You don't spemd that much money for a horse only to lose the initial season with no guarantees that nothing would go wromg before the NEXT season. I'd have cancelled the sale too. (unless it was a horse like Secretariat!)

Where's the FB page? I can't find it.
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

2 members found this post helpful.