The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

What a bunch of hypocrites here.

20 members found this post helpful.

come on, I don't believe for one minute that postings on line are what killed the sale of RS. Sorry, the statement alone hinted at other reasons...

9 members found this post helpful.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd think that a bunch of people who had insider knowledge of this move, and of the machinations within MCHS, and who were also vocally bashing RSF, were working MCHS pretty darn hard behind the scenes to kill the sale of Romantic Star.

Not that stallion owners and popular COTH posters would ever operate in anything but the utmost transparency.
    "...it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lame View Post
    If I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd think that a bunch of people who had insider knowledge of this move, and of the machinations within MCHS, and who were also vocally bashing RSF, were working MCHS pretty darn hard behind the scenes to kill the sale of Romantic Star.

Not that stallion owners and popular COTH posters would ever operate in anything but the utmost transparency.
    Oh please! What a bunch of hogwash.

13 members found this post helpful.

Is it any more hogwash than accusing RSF right off the bat of being in JB's back pocket??

Hypocrites indeed.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rodawn View Post
    ?

Those are just my thoughts. Not anything of this is based on some inside knowledge because I don't have inside knowledge. I am just looking at this from a logical perspective.

So if you don't have anything useful like a FACT or any real knowledge of the situation why post at all?

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lame View Post

You're kidding, right?

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by saje View Post
    Is it any more hogwash than accusing RSF right off the bat of being in JB's back pocket??

Hypocrites indeed.
    These two being sold to new homes is great news for them, as the sale of RS to RSF would have been if it hadn't been ruined.

I'm extremely confused as to why the sale of these two stallions, post-MCHS seizure, is being treated as such wonderful news, while the sale of RS, pre-MCHS seizure, was ripped to pieces. Why is these two getting sold and putting money in Jill's pocket a great thing, but any other horse not?

Oh, wait, these two are the blingy black ones.

22 members found this post helpful.

Glad those boys have landed in a place where they will be properly cared for, and with people who will do right by their customers. Wish it would be the case for all those poor horses.

And I wonder how the sales contract for Aloha handled the lien. If JillB sold him "free of any encumbrances", then she was lying (ok, who is surprised? ) Of course, it will be much harder to pursue the lien angle since the buyer is across the border.

I also can't help but think it would be nice if JillB used the money to make things right with all the people and organizations she has defrauded, but I'm not holding my breath.

Does she own any of the stallions by herself or are there partners? I hope she does have to pay back the money she owes as money for sales of any horses comes in (or from anything else). I wish Romantic Star could get in a better home and not still be up in the air and in jeopardy. I'm sure there are valid reasons why the sale fell through, I just hate that the horse is the ultimate victim.

PennyG

2 members found this post helpful.

I've been hearing a lot of different things about Aloha babies. Are they a little on the nasty side or is that just something "haters" are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by S A McKee View Post
    So if you don't have anything useful like a FACT or any real knowledge of the situation why post at all?
    Because like everyone else on this board and the land of the free North American continent, I'm allowed to post my opinion. Not that freedom of expression has stopped you from posting YOUR opinion around here, or stopped you from being nasty.
    https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

5 members found this post helpful.

yay for paul darlene and peter!! I must say i was sad to see them sell popeye and tri(tricolore)

yes popeye was bred and raised there, I met his dam! who unfortunately passed last year.

the boys will love it there,

sidenote all thier boys are so lovely and well mannered!!!
    Beyond the Ring-para dressage, training, coaching
    www.facebook.com/btrparadressage

Proud Team Four Star Minion! Renegade for Life!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
    I've been hearing a lot of different things about Aloha babies. Are they a little on the nasty side or is that just something "haters" are saying?
    I know three, and they are as sweet as can be.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

2 members found this post helpful.

I feel like everyone thought it was strange that RSF had the same lawyer as JB. And who wouldn't, for goodness sakes!

Just posting an opinion here...

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Koniucha View Post
    I feel like everyone thought it was strange that RSF had the same lawyer as JB. And who wouldn't, for goodness sakes!

Just posting an opinion here...
    Rhonda said it was supposed to be to make life easier and keep costs reasonable since she's on the east coast, tied up with the winter shows, breeding season, etc, and the lawyer had supposedly done lots of leg work/research already that would have needed to be repeated on her dime if she went with different counsel. It was an ugly situation all the way around. I'm sorry she couldn't add him to her nice line up of stallions. I'm sorry he couldn't end up well cared for on her farm. It's a shame that people were so quick to vilify her based on speculation. I am very happy to see that Gray Fox Farm appears to be shuttering it's operation, but Romantic Star lost out on a wonderful opportunity to be in a great home, and US breeders lost out on a fantastic chance to have a really nice stallion available to them.

I hope poor Federalist finds a soft landing since he's supposed to be infertile at this point. Ditto for hoping it ends well for the countless mares on Jill Burnell's property. Hopefully by reducing her numbers and bringing in some cash, she'll at least have funds to feed what's left properly, though I suspect she's also in panic mode about where she's going to be living.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

7 members found this post helpful.

What I don't understand and I mean this earnestly no vilification.

If I wanted RS no amount of internet bull shitakee would have curtailed me from getting him. Honestly what does it matter what any person on COTH says or thinks. Plenty of people were in support of him going to her and I doubt his or any of her others stallions books would have been affected by the murmurings of COTH. Blaming the internet seems absurd to me.

Other issues , legal issues , horses health , complications from the seizure perhaps...but the internet .. not in a million.
    Last edited by Lynnwood; Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

19 members found this post helpful.

Lynnwood, I totally agree with you. That's giving Coth a bit too much credit. I felt that the original statement and the mention that the values were not indicative of the contract... well...

7 members found this post helpful.

Different people have different levels of tolerance for this stuff. It wasn't just this BB. She was getting calls from "helpful" stallion owners telling her she had ruined her business, emails and private messages from people who had NO BUSINESS bothering her. She rode it out for several weeks and it did not improve, so she pulled the plug. Her choice.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

10 members found this post helpful.

That is wonderful news. Despite all of Jill's personality flaws, its not the horses fault. Glad to hear that they have found new homes.
    Standing Nasiriya - 17h JC registered stallion
    http://www.DonovanFarm.com
    Looking to buy or sell Horse Property? Contact me!
    www.TexasEquestrianProperties.com