The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

yeah thats what I thought.. and if people buy them... its going to be a mess trying to get the paperwork right..

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Deardra75 View Post
    yeah thats what I thought.. and if people buy them... its going to be a mess trying to get the paperwork right..
    Meanwhile, Arbor Day has now been sold. Perhaps the paperwork issue isn't? Or won't be?

Oh, wait...we're still talking about Jill Burnell...what WAS I thinking?
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

yeah I saw that on FB too..... :/

soooooooooooooooo dare I ask if anyone knows if Pikturesque actually owns Aloha? I could see her selling him, but again a nice note from a new owner might help his career

I got an email from the new owner asking if you could use pictures of my guy on her FB site... she claims she does own Aloha. So I dunno.

Well, here's the most recent "statement" I've seen from Paul Morgan @ Ashland Farm:

Aloha and Redwine are standing at Ashland Farm in Canada with Paul Morgan. It is unclear if Burnell still has an ownership stake in Redwine. Morgan would only say, "we were not getting them out of the US for her we were getting them into Canada for us." He added that the horses are comfortable and happy in their new home.

From this article: http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/j...e-society.aspx

Just makes me sad/disappointed that yet another person in the horse world can't just come out and give an honest, open answer.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

14 members found this post helpful.

I suppose one positive to come out of the situation

"While information is still slim regarding the four seized horses, Wagman says the 2001 thoroughbred broodmares Devil's Sis (pictured) is not pregnant.

Poor thing thank the lords for small favors that her recovery does not have to be impeded by pregnancy.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

3 members found this post helpful.

And thankfully no one bought her supposedly in utero foal.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

That we know of...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    I suppose one positive to come out of the situation

"While information is still slim regarding the four seized horses, Wagman says the 2001 thoroughbred broodmares Devil's Sis (pictured) is not pregnant.

Poor thing thank the lords for small favors that her recovery does not have to be impeded by pregnancy.
    And that is probably why she was so malnourished. JillB stopped feeding the ones that weren't producing.

I hope she lands safely.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    And that is probably why she was so malnourished. JillB stopped feeding the ones that weren't producing.
    Sadly I don't doubt that for a second. What would she have done had someone shown interest in the in utero ..sold them the non existent foal or attempted to hurry up and get her bred.

I still can't get over that people are still willing to do business/partner/defend/ that women.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    Sadly I don't doubt that for a second. What would she have done had someone shown interest in the in utero ..sold them the non existent foal or attempted to hurry up and get her bred.

I still can't get over that people are still willing to do business/partner/defend/ that women.
    I heard someone say "selective starvation" and that really rings true

2 members found this post helpful.

You notice that neither Aloha's new owner nor Ashland Farm have made any big public announcements about the ownership. There could very well have been contractual stipulations in the sale that they are not allowed to claim ownership until a certain date. That would certainly explain Pikturesque's comment to RMHP that there "will be an announcement in a few weeks." It could also be that there are still financial dealings to be completed on Redwine's sale. I would be willing to bet the situation will become more clear over time.

To the person who stated it was confirmed that Jill still owns Redwine- where did that information come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    You notice that neither Aloha's new owner nor Ashland Farm have made any big public announcements about the ownership. There could very well have been contractual stipulations in the sale that they are not allowed to claim ownership until a certain date. That would certainly explain Pikturesque's comment to RMHP that there "will be an announcement in a few weeks." It could also be that there are still financial dealings to be completed on Redwine's sale. I would be willing to bet the situation will become more clear over time.

To the person who stated it was confirmed that Jill still owns Redwine- where did that information come from?
    That came from McDowell Racing's FB page. I was just told that they are leasing RW for 2013/2014. I suppose that the truth can be everchanging depending on which way the winds are blowing!

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    That came from McDowell Racing's FB page. I was just told that they are leasing RW for 2013/2014. I suppose that the truth can be everchanging depending on which way the winds are blowing!
    McDowell racing is Laurierace who posts on this forum.
    Perhaps she can confirm that information?

I am not at liberty to reveal my source so take it for whatever you deem it to be worth. I did not say anything as to the terms of their agreement, I just said it has been confirmed that Jill Burnell of Gray Fox Farm still owns Redwine.

6 members found this post helpful.

It's just odd all the way around that no one can "confirm" or "deny" anything. Everyone is saying they know someone that said something...

dunno, I've been reading this (and other threads) and it's a shame what happened with JB and her horses, but I think what Spectrum posted is probably closest to the mark. Maybe she "technically" still owns them right now, and they are in the process of paperwork etc, especially if there was back payment that had to go to people/registries etc, before anything can be made public.

(ETA when I say shame what happened with JB, I mean that she treated her horses the way she did)

At least I can only hope that's the case.

But I think the problem with threads like this is there is a lot of he said/she said/can't reveal who said information going around, and it's just making things worse.
    ---------------------------

~Once you have ridden the tiger it is impossible to dismount~

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mistyjewell View Post
    It's just odd all the way around that no one can "confirm" or "deny" anything. Everyone is saying they know someone that said something...

dunno, I've been reading this (and other threads) and it's a shame what happened with JB and her horses, but I think what Spectrum posted is probably closest to the mark. Maybe she "technically" still owns them right now, and they are in the process of paperwork etc, especially if there was back payment that had to go to people/registries etc, before anything can be made public.

(ETA when I say shame what happened with JB, I mean that she treated her horses the way she did)

At least I can only hope that's the case.

But I think the problem with threads like this is there is a lot of he said/she said/can't reveal who said information going around, and it's just making things worse.
    Agreed with the he said/she said, problem is that the information is coming directly from the source, it's not like people are making up the Redwine information, this is coming directly from Ashland. Anyway will be nice for it to be all sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    Agreed with the he said/she said, problem is that the information is coming directly from the source, it's not like people are making up the Redwine information, this is coming directly from Ashland. Anyway will be nice for it to be all sorted.
    But you claimed that your source was Laurierace and she refuses to confirm her source.
    Now you say it comes from Ashland?

This is like tin cans on a string.

2 members found this post helpful.