The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

And that is THEIR choice. If they don't want to share the details, they are not obligated to in any way, shape or form. If they lose your business because of that, I am sure they will shed no tears.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    And that is THEIR choice. If they don't want to share the details, they are not obligated to in any way, shape or form. If they lose your business because of that, I am sure they will shed no tears.
    You are absolutely right Laurie. As it was Jill's choice create the fiasco she did.

You are right they will shed no tears over the loss of my business and I'm sure you will shed none either if potential clients find your sudden complacency with this issue a bit odd.

I find it sad that apparently there is no concern that Jill Burnell is most likely the one receiving monies for Redwine and sad that people I had respect for now say no one has the right to know that information.

On a side note the question posed to the farm "standing" Redwine was not even about ownership.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    You are absolutely right Laurie. As it was Jill's choice create the fiasco she did.

You are right they will shed no tears over the loss of my business and I'm sure you will shed none either if potential clients find your sudden complacency with this issue a bit odd.

I find it sad that apparently there is no concern that Jill Burnell is most likely the one receiving monies for Redwine and sad that people I had respect for now say no one has the right to know that information.

On a side note the question posed to the farm "standing" Redwine was not even about ownership.
    Why are you taking laurie's choice to not "dig" as complacency? I do not see how it is the business of anyone except those who intend to contract for stallion services. That does not equal complacency.

Why are people assuming that if we do not press for information and demand answers like a five year old, we must think all is well? I no longer own a mare - why would I need any information? Sure, I'm curious, but my curiosity is not a demand for payment in information. What is hindering the understanding that unless you have a reason to "demand" such information, you are merely window shopping for drama?

I'm plenty curious about many misdeeds in the world, but what ever happened to respecting privacy unless that issue directly impacts you?

I would not use either stallion when I was looking, and certainly do not have need of either now. I do not have the right to demand information. This does not make me, Laurie or any other person "complacent"; I think we simply don't have an insatiable need to feed our inner drama llamas.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    Why are you taking laurie's choice to not "dig" as complacency? I do not see how it is the business of anyone except those who intend to contract for stallion services. That does not equal complacency.

Why are people assuming that if we do not press for information and demand answers like a five year old, we must think all is well? I no longer own a mare - why would I need any information? Sure, I'm curious, but my curiosity is not a demand for payment in information. What is hindering the understanding that unless you have a reason to "demand" such information, you are merely window shopping for drama?

I'm plenty curious about many misdeeds in the world, but what ever happened to respecting privacy unless that issue directly impacts you?

I would not use either stallion when I was looking, and certainly do not have need of either now. I do not have the right to demand information. This does not make me, Laurie or any other person "complacent"; I think we simply don't have an insatiable need to feed our inner drama llamas.
    again your choice to feel that way. i had every intention of doing business with at least two of those stallions, but I will NOT fund Jill Burnell. Insatiable is not a word I find fitting in this situation. Again knowing where my funds would go is a no brainer. That is just such a small thing I am amazed by the confusion and insinuation of other motive.

9 members found this post helpful.

horsenut, let me try explaining one more time:

IF you are doing business with anyone associated with these two stallions, OF COURSE you have the right to know. NOBODY IS SUGGESTING THAT GIVING JB MONEY IN ANY WAY, FORM, OR FASHION IS A GOOD THING! However, if you are NOT doing business associated with either of these two stallions, I would ask what the motive behind the demand would be.

Breeding a mare to Redwine or Aloha = right to information regarding ownership

NOT breeding a mare to Redwine or Aloha = curiosity/feeding inner drama llama
    W. C. Fields

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    horsenut, let me try explaining one more time:

IF you are doing business with anyone associated with these two stallions, OF COURSE you have the right to know. NOBODY IS SUGGESTING THAT GIVING JB MONEY IN ANY WAY, FORM, OR FASHION IS A GOOD THING! However, if you are NOT doing business associated with either of these two stallions, I would ask what the motive behind the demand would be.

Breeding a mare to Redwine or Aloha = right to information regarding ownership

NOT breeding a mare to Redwine or Aloha = curiosity/feeding inner drama llama
    EINT:

Please read before posting as I have made very clear why MY involvement and MY reasons for wanting this question answered.

That said I still believe EVERYONE who invested time, spent money, tears, and donated to the charity in effort to care for horses that came from Jill Burnell's farm DESERVE to know that money paid for breeding fees to Redwine or Aloha will not mean that we are in this same situation a year from now with someone starting an auction to save the horses that Jill was able to keep or buy and is now unable to feed again.

Does THAT need explaining one more time EYE?

Would any registry that these stallions belong to have the correct owner, syndication, or lease information? Perhaps an inquiry to them might provide it? Just like an astute mare owner might call to confirm liscening, approval, etc. status.

1 members found this post helpful.

Boy, horsenut, you certainly ascribe a lot of motive to my posts. Eye In The Sky has it EXACTLY right. My point, which you so adamantly refuse to understand, is that the new owners are under NO OBLIGATION to come on a public BB such as this feeding frenzy and explain themselves to ANYONE. IF you are contemplating breeding to the stallions, then call them directly and ask them. But quit demanding to know HERE. Why in the world would they do that to a bunch of people, .01% of whom have any interest in actually breeding to the stallions OR have any investment in the drama at all.

And don't call me complacent about anything. I have a respect for a person's right to do business without announcing the details to the world. Nor is it "sudden." I have maintained this stance for, oh, well, forever.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.

Boy, horsenut, you certainly ascribe a lot of motive to my posts. Eye In The Sky has it EXACTLY right. My point, which you so adamantly refuse to understand, is that the new owners are under NO OBLIGATION to come on a public BB such as this feeding frenzy and explain themselves to ANYONE. IF you are contemplating breeding to the stallions, then call them directly and ask them. But quit demanding to know HERE. Why in the world would they do that to a bunch of people, .01% of whom have any interest in actually breeding to the stallions OR have any investment in the drama at all.

And don't call me complacent about anything. I have a respect for a person's right to do business without announcing the details to the world. Nor is it "sudden." I have maintained this stance for, oh, well, forever.
    So you have a respect for Jill Burnell's right to do business by her stallions "standing" at Ashland Farm. You have made yourself crystal clear Laurie.

And get off your stool. When people CAN NOT get the answers they are looking for yes some of them come here to COTH. Go post on the thread about dues not being paid or something, but I will never agree that asking where breeding fees are going to is a WRONG THING. Never.

14 members found this post helpful.

Where the HELL do you get that I am OK with what you just posted? Are you delusional? I am not even talking about JILL. I am TALKING about the new owner or manager (YOU don't know, nor do I, what the relationship is, if any) having the right to be discreet about the transaction. I said if you want to know, ASK THEM!! But don't expect them to come here, to be treated the way anyone gets treated here if they don't follow the party line. You really need some help with reading comprehension. When I am speaking about Jill, you will know it.
    Laurie

4 members found this post helpful.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Where the HELL do you get that I am OK with what you just posted? Are you delusional? I am not even talking about JILL. I am TALKING about the new owner or manager (YOU don't know, nor do I, what the relationship is, if any) having the right to be discreet about the transaction. I said if you want to know, ASK THEM!! But don't expect them to come here, to be treated the way anyone gets treated here if they don't follow the party line. You really need some help with reading comprehension. When I am speaking about Jill, you will know it.
    Laurie maybe YOU should back off since you and Junior were all ABOUT Jill a few years ago and certainly have not been disinterested parties. Let those who would like to know facts from folks who didn't tie themself up in business deals with JB figure this out for themselves. My suggestion is that YOU step away from the keyboard on all things dealing with JB - I know it may be tough but some of us have long memories and Internet memories - I think it would be best for you to distance yourself from the whole deal. I know others who have had business dealings have done just that. Personally I don't have any invested interest in who owns RW - never interested me personally as a stallion and if JB has managed to hoodwink another quasi owner - so be it. Aloha? Hmm, gelding comes to mind. But you keep saying there has been a slaughter fest here - REALLY? Of a crook who also didn't take care of those in her care? REALLY - I think maybe you are overly defensive given history with JB. Enough all ready
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

21 members found this post helpful.

I don't think anyone is expecting Ashland Farms to come here on Coth to announce whether, yes or not, they own RW now. They do have a website and a FB page. Nothing prevents them from doing so there. Except, in my opinion, their silence is VERY telling. IF they owned RW, I think they would claim it loud and clear. The fact that they do not say so... they don't own him and they know that many people do not like the association with Jill B. So keep people guessing and try to entice some MOs to breed to him.
    I thought they were ethical... I guess everyone has a different definition of "ethical".
    I don't care really, just feel bad that some money would still go back to Jill. I don't even like RW.

18 members found this post helpful.

Laurie I believe you are a smart woman, but are choosing the wrong battle for some reason. You know as well as I do that that the majority of us believe Jill still owns Redwine. Ashland has NEVER publicly claimed ownership of him, simply state that they are standing him. You claim it is not the world's right to know this information. So why post that they are standing him if they are so private? Do you see where I am going,,,So yes until proven otherwise he is considered Jill's property. That is really not so difficult and most certainly is not a problem with my comprehension.

6 members found this post helpful.

There is something to be said for acting discretely and professionally, did it ever occur to any of you that when you post on this forum you are representing your businesses? All the name calling and finger pointing is really unprofessional, I am so glad that many of you have posted your farms' names and websites so I know never to work with you. I made a polite request to Ashland Farms last week and they gave me a respectful and timely response. The issue was in regards to this whole debacle and they did as I asked without question. Maybe if people weren't acting like a bunch of jack a$$es you would get the answers you are looking for.

23 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FTMT21884 View Post
    There is something to be said for acting discretely and professionally, did it ever occur to any of you that when you post on this forum you are representing your businesses? All the name calling and finger pointing is really unprofessional, I am so glad that many of you have posted your farms' names and websites so I know never to work with you. I made a polite request to Ashland Farms last week and they gave me a respectful and timely response. The issue was in regards to this whole debacle and they did as I asked without question. Maybe if people weren't acting like a bunch of jack a$$es you would get the answers you are looking for.
    This

And as I stated before the safe landing of RS and Federalist - altho someone posted the Fred was safe..
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

2 members found this post helpful.

Laurie, your inbox is full

I know many folks on and off this BB that were just as in the dark as many of us a few years were regarding JB that had foals by Redwine. Of course they would be supportive of JB - without the pictures, many of us were uncertain what was happening, except many of us were starting to think it was a really bad idea to send mares to JB.

Please do not be so obtuse as to think that Laurie is ok with the information that has been uncovered regarding JB. I've never been slighted by JB personally, but I am still disgusted by what she pretended to be while creating a redneck wonderland out of a house and land! If I, someone who had never had any dealings feel this way about the woman, how do you think those whose trust was betrayed by that woman feel??!!

Just because some of us have a different belief of how recent events have transpired does not mean we are in any way shape or form in support of JB! I'm fairly certain that most of us do not feel comfortable with the idea of JB receiving any financial compensation for Redwine or Aloha's stud fees. This is why we have been repetitively saying anybody who has a true intent to breed to either stallion, speak with the barn owners/trainers/managers regarding the specifics.
    W. C. Fields

one more reason why people go to Europe to shop. Let it go...

And yes confirmation Jill still owns Redwine. Now I can get on to choosing another stallion. So much made over a simple question.

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    And yes confirmation Jill still owns Redwine. Now I can get on to choosing another stallion. So much made over a simple question.
    I hate to say it, but the fact that Ashland wouldn't confirm they owned him sure pointed to his continued ownership by JillB. And I am not surprised - he is her big moneymaker, and she isn't going to let him go easily. (I had heard through the grapevine she told someone who inquired about purchasing him last year that she wanted 500K for him. Yeah, right...)

Well I am still glad that the boys are no longer standing in muddy pens and getting lose / into fights.

But bummed that Jill Burnell will still be making money off of them – while there are so many she has scammed and victimized.

I really hope that people stop funding her activities.
    Last edited by Appsolute; Feb. 20, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

9 members found this post helpful.