The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

They're also in Canada which means they'd be recorded with Equine Canada. And there may be no plans to show them so why bother recording them anyway?? Silly, if not totally irrelevant, thing to hope for...

Owner will likely show up on the CLRC database here in Canada when Aloha is added to the CSHA stallion roster. Redwine is still listed as being Jill's on there but I suspect that just hasn't been updated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    well I'm still skeptical until I hear from the new owner's mouth about the horses being sold. does anyone know of Pikturesque?
    I have met Sarah Wilson in person a few times, but wouldn't say I "know" her. She was re-introduced to me earlier in the week as "the new owner of Aloha."

As for the Redwine details... that's for the Ashland team to reveal.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by PINE TREE FARM SC View Post
    Why ?
    USEF is not an ownership database.

Unless the new owner is interested in USEF Leading Sire, Owner or Breeder lists it makes no difference.
    ok yea I suppose someone who owns Redwine or Aloha isn't interested in that stuff (insert head scratching icon)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
    I have met Sarah Wilson in person a few times, but wouldn't say I "know" her. She was re-introduced to me earlier in the week as "the new owner of Aloha."

As for the Redwine details... that's for the Ashland team to reveal.
    Maybe you can ask Sara to post Remember the woman who bought all the mares and foals from Jill who came on to introduce herself (Rising Phoenix Warmbloods),,,I thought that was a smart business move on her part.

Yes, I am quite sure these people feel it is their DUTY to come on here and satisfy a bunch of strangers with too much time on their hands and no concept of boundaries. Good luck with that.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    Yes, I am quite sure these people feel it is their DUTY to come on here and satisfy a bunch of strangers with too much time on their hands and no concept of boundaries. Good luck with that.
    They are standing a stallion.One who's "prior" owner has an egregious reputation in the breeding world. It would not be a horrible business decision to do a little meet and greet if you will. Standing as stallion is as much about business as it is genetics. Besides a little good publicity never hurt right ??
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    sorry Laurie, I usually agree with what you post, but I like many others will not breed to either stallion if they are still owned by JB so yes I would think it would be in their best interests to answer a very simple question.

most people I know have written off these stallions already, so maybe the new place has enough business to not care.

i did note the people that reportedley own Aloha have taken out the IHF nominated from his page. Would you suggest that we shouldn't have mentioned that on here either?

I guess having too much time on my hands means that I like the truth? Should have left the new owner alone because it doesn't matter that the advertising was wrong? As for satisfying a bunch of strangers, am I to assume that stallion owners only sell semen to people they know?

ooops sorry too much time on my hands again.

16 members found this post helpful.

ok yea I suppose someone who owns Redwine or Aloha isn't interested in that stuff (insert head scratching icon)
    If either breeding farm had any interest in USEF lists then they would be USEF members.
    They are not.

Still scratching head why who owns the horse on USEF's records has any relevance. If you care then wait and see who is listed on the Canadian database.
    Fan of Sea Accounts

It's also possible (but pure speculation) that there is some sort of syndication. There may be shares sold, and a change in management but $ still going back to JB. Who's to say that the Canadian database will reflect anything accurately anyhow?

I believe transparency will be in short supply in this case, and it's true, they don't really "owe it" to anyone. Of course no one owes them business anyhow. If you're uncomfortable with the possibility of $ going back to JB, don't use them.

I wish they would just make an honest statement. Their lack of one has led to far more speculation than the situation really warrants. That said, no one is owed anything.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

10 members found this post helpful.

If either breeding farm had any interest in USEF lists then they would be USEF members.
    They are not.

Still scratching head why who owns the horse on USEF's records has any relevance. If you care then wait and see who is listed on the Canadian database.
    Whatever, in my world USEF is relevant. Now I am aware in some people's world it is not. Nuff said.

Does not change the fact that I would like to know where my money would go if purchasing a breeding.

So point taken by a previous poster. I will simply not do that unless the situation is made clear.

2 members found this post helpful.

Whatever, in my world USEF is relevant. Now I am aware in some people's world it is not. Nuff said.

Does not change the fact that I would like to know where my money would go if purchasing a breeding.

So point taken by a previous poster. I will simply not do that unless the situation is made clear.
    USEF is relevant to what? You do understand they aren't an ownership registry?
    Maybe not...

"Yeah, I'm sittin' on this bar stool talking like a damn fool
    Got the twelve o'clock news blues
    And I've given up hope for the afternoon soaps
    And a bottle of cold brew
    Is it any wonder I'm not crazy?
    Is it any wonder I'm sane at all?

I'm so tired of losin', I've got nothing to do
    And all day to do it
    So, I go out cruisin', but I've no place to go
    And all night to get there
    Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
    Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?

Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands?
    Ticking away with my sanity
    I've got too much time on my hands
    It's hard to believe such a calamity
    And it's ticking away - ticking away from me

Too much time on my hands
    (T-T-T-T-T-Ticking away)
    (And I don't know what to do with myself)
    Too much time on my hands"

Courtesy of Styx
    Fan of Sea Accounts

USEF is relevant to what? You do understand they aren't an ownership registry?
    Maybe not...

"Yeah, I'm sittin' on this bar stool talking like a damn fool
    Got the twelve o'clock news blues
    And I've given up hope for the afternoon soaps
    And a bottle of cold brew
    Is it any wonder I'm not crazy?
    Is it any wonder I'm sane at all?

I'm so tired of losin', I've got nothing to do
    And all day to do it
    So, I go out cruisin', but I've no place to go
    And all night to get there
    Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
    Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?

Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands?
    Ticking away with my sanity
    It's hard to believe such a calamity
    And it's ticking away - ticking away from me

(T-T-T-T-T-Ticking away)
    (And I don't know what to do with myself)
    Too much time on my hands"

Courtesy of Styx
    oh dear lord Pine Tree get over it, I just realized who you are so it makes sense now, will not engage again, but,,,,watch out for crappy purple Scions

8 members found this post helpful.

I wish the posters referencing JB would spell out her full name. There is a poster on here who goes under the name of JB and it could be confusing for many....me for one.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Styx, one of the worse bands ever (IMO). Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    I wish the posters referencing JB would spell out her full name. There is a poster on here who goes under the name of JB and it could be confusing for many....me for one.

Yeah, I made that point wayyyyyyy back on one of the original threads, but yeah, well, hopefully everyone reading all this can figure out I'm not remotely related to anything about this situation

4 members found this post helpful.

I don't understand the whole fuzziness around this situation.

It *IS* a legitimate question to ask WHO is getting your hard-earned dollars in the end.

I want to know WHAT I am buying and from WHOM.

That being said, I wouldn't personnally use neither stallion, regardless of their ownership, for other reasons. I've got nothing to gain or loose in this.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

3 members found this post helpful.

Best wishes to the stallions and their new digs. May a few odd COTHers not hound the new business that is involved. May this debacle be quickly relegated to the past.

If you are interested in a business transaction with any of these parties, contact them privately and have your concerns addressed in that business interaction. If you are a lookie-loo, please keep your keyboard tapping to yourself and do not hound the business. Get a grip.

COTH is the LAST place anyone with actual connection wants to have an "interaction."

There is too much drama, nastiness, and nosy busybodies for most of regular COTHers, much less business owners. The only thing to come from a person who has direct connection who posts on these threads is grief. And regret. Is it some weird JB curse that all these threads devolve into the twilight zone?

The real story will be told elsewhere. The COTH bbs is not the place.

Push the keyboards away and go ride.
    Last edited by Justa Bob; Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Justa Bob, Yes, this.

I recall seeing you say this at the end of another one of your posts. You should make this your COTH "tagline".

Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Legitimate concerns anyone has can be directed to the parties involved. If you are interested in a business transaction with any of these parties, contact them privately and have your concerns addressed in that business interaction.

COTH is the LAST place anyone with actual connection wants to have an "interaction."

There is too much drama, nastiness, and nosy busybodies for most of regular COTHers, much less business owners. The only thing to come from a person who has direct connection who posts on these threads is grief. And regret. Is it some weird JB curse that all these threads devolve into the twilight zone?

The real story will be told elsewhere. The COTH bbs is not the place.

Disagree, but that said I have a friend who directed a "legitimate" question to the standing barn and received no answer.

2 members found this post helpful.