The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 268
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Feb. 13, 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    So glad to see RW and Aloha at another facility- Honestly, this is what JillB needed to do FOREVER ago... Sold or just standing at another facility, at least they are safe and at a respectable facility where they are in great hands.

    Lets hope for a soft landing for RS and Federalist!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    May. 8, 2005
    Location
    between here and there...in Arizona
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    I didn't see a 2nd which one ? I saw Ashland as standing him and according to the CSHA auction, http://www.pikturesquefarm.com/ is listed as his contact. http://www.pikturesquefarm.com/breeding.htm#sample4 That portion of the site still lists him as standing at Ashland , although it is unclear why if Ashland bought him , why Sarah Wilson would be listed as his contact. Perhaps a partnership of some sort ?? #whoknows
    I guess that is what I am refering to.



  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jun. 11, 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koniucha View Post
    It is also a little weird that two different farms are showing that they are standing Aloha.
    When I had my own stallion, I used Ashland for collection services. It is possible that Sarah Wilson owns Aloha and is choosing to stand him at Ashland. My impression of Pikturesque Farm from their website is that they are focused on mare and foal care, and not equipped for stallion collection.
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com


    3 members found this post helpful.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Feb. 4, 2006
    Posts
    2,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koniucha View Post
    It is also a little weird that two different farms are showing that they are standing Aloha.

    Unfortunately, itis what it is. These horses and their unfortunate situation is in the (horsie) national spotlight
    What other farm is supposedly standing Aloha? If you mean JB, I'm guessing they haven't updated their website yet?



  5. #125
    Join Date
    May. 8, 2005
    Location
    between here and there...in Arizona
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazednconfused View Post
    What other farm is supposedly standing Aloha? If you mean JB, I'm guessing they haven't updated their website yet?
    No, I was referring to Pikturesque and Ashland. Perhaps it is a partenrship or as mikali mentioned, stallion collection only.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jul. 26, 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    6,342

    Default

    Ashland has had many stallions that they did not own stand at the farm. They do a great job, and many stallion owners send them there for a reason.

    Regardless if sold, or retained by JB, they are in a good home now. Knowing WHO the breeding fee's are going to however, will be a determining factor as to if people will breed to them or not. I forsee a new vineyard of foals in the area


    4 members found this post helpful.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan. 2, 2013
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koniucha View Post
    It is also a little weird that two different farms are showing that they are standing Aloha.

    Unfortunately, itis what it is. These horses and their unfortunate situation is in the (horsie) national spotlight
    actually Pikturesque is advertising that Aloha is standing at Ashland.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov. 23, 2001
    Location
    Catharpin, Virginia
    Posts
    6,679

    Default

    I don't think anyone who has followed this terrible situation would want to continue to "fund" JB or help get her out of her financial situation, especially if she still has horses in her "care", through breeding fees to a 2nd party. Even unknowingly.

    The bottom line is that she was a horse abuser/starver other than her stallions that were still capable of breeding (the cash cows) and fleeced many, many people for many yearsn for breeding their mares to those stallions, or sending beloved broodmares there to give their best to the breeding pool.

    Surely, those who have accepted the stallions from what I read here have a stellar reputation.

    If they made a business decision to take the stallions that is a good thing for those boys for sure. That means they will be well taken care of...and the bottom line is that this was the original intention of the thread about saving horses from the hands of one who will not give basic care to those they do not care about (or can hide from buyers until they are sold and get the cash).

    Who owns what is yet to be seen. There is a big difference between "standing" and "owning". While my stallions were owned by me, I did at one time "stand" Argosy at a professional stallion station his first, freshman year of breeding. Then he came home and "stood" with me as his owner with a full breeding facility.

    That said, like others, if I knew that ANY portion of my breeding fee to these stallions would go to JB, my conscience would make me turn away, no matter how wonderful those sires may be.

    No one is privy to that information yet.

    This is no different that being a smart and ethical consumer, really.

    I wouldn't buy or spend my $$ on anything, no matter how wonderful, if I knew some of the profit was going to an entity that had a history of doing "bad things". In this case we do not know becuase there is no transparency yet.

    Hope there will be soon, so buyers of semen know the score...simply because this has been such a high profile horse abuse case and breeding scam, and to fund the perperator is not a good thing in any form.

    Glad the stallions are in good hands and RS is also in good hands.

    I think at this point its the aged mares, having been used up in breeding, the PG mares and foals/young stock that concern me. The stallions are gone, but the others who may be the most vulnerble now I hope are being supervised by Marin HS.
    Last edited by sid; Feb. 15, 2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: bad typer


    22 members found this post helpful.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan. 31, 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,352

    Default

    I truly detest JB and all that she has done, to many on this BB, as well as some who are not. I would hope nobody would want to provide JB with any profit from breeding to these boys.

    I suppose what strikes me as odd, is that the only people this would actually apply to are those planning to breed to these stallions. Perhaps privacy and transparency are not mutually exclusive. I think some people have made a big to do regarding first RSF, and now Ashland, and I would be very surprised if all who have demanded knowledge of the terms are mare owners who truly plan to breed to either RW or Aloha.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields


    4 members found this post helpful.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb. 1, 2003
    Location
    Best of golf and equines, NC
    Posts
    5,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    I don't think anyone who has followed this terrible situation would want to continue to "fund" JB or help get her out of her financial situation, especially if she still has horses in her "care", through breeding fees to a 2nd party. Even unknowingly.

    The bottom line is that she was a horse abuser/starver other than her stallions that were still capable of breeding (the cash cows) and fleeced many, many people for many yearsn for breeding their mares to those stallions, or sending beloved broodmares there to give their best to the breeding pool.

    Surely, those who have accepted the stallions from what I read here have a stellar reputation.

    If they made a business decision to take the stallions that is a good thing for those boys for sure. That means they will be well taken care of...and the bottom line is that this was the original intention of the thread about saving horses from the hands of one who will not give basic care to those they do not care about (or can hide from buyers until they are sold and get the cash).

    Who owns what is yet to be seen. There is a big difference between "standing" and "owning". While my stallions were owned by me, I did at one time "stand" Argosy at a professional stallion station his first, freshman year of breeding. Then he came home and "stood" with me as his owner with a full breeding facility.

    That said, like others, if I knew that ANY portion of my breeding fee to these stallions would go to JB, my conscience would make me turn away, no matter how wonderful those sires may be.

    No one is privy to that information yet.

    This is no different that being a smart and ethical consumer, really.

    I wouldn't buy or spend my $$ on anything, no matter how wonderful, if I knew some of the profit was going to an entity that had a history of doing "bad things". In this case we do not know becuase there is no transparency yet.

    Hope there will be soon, so buyers of semen know the score...simply because this has been such a high profile horse abuse case and breeding scam, and to fund the perperator is not a good thing in any form.

    Glad the stallions are in good hands and RS is also in good hands.

    I think at this point its the aged mares, having been used up in breeding, the PG mares and foals/young stock that concern me. The stallions are gone, but the others who may be the most vulnerble now I hope are being supervised by Marin HS.
    I agree with SID and others that – given the context here – transparency is important. Sometimes what is not said is as telling as what is.

    And no doubt there are those who will respond, “you have no right to know who owns them.” These folks will twist and turn and flip around on the floor like a dying fish out of water… with all their drama that the people asking, and/or the questions themselves are wrong… rather than the underlying conduct is what's wrong. It’s an interesting marketing strategy, to try to shut people down from even asking the question, by creating a huge drama about “asking the question” to deflect focus from “the answer to the question.” As though, asking the question is wrong, rather than the underlying conduct itself. COTH is one of the few places where that strategy doesn’t work.

    People here do not give up when pursuing the truth. That has come out time and again on this topic. Thank god there are brave, knowledgeable, caring people here on COTH, who tracked this situation for years, and had the courage to speak up, and the tenacity to ignore all the attempts to intimidate them and make them the bad guy.

    If there is no connection to JB, then the answer is simple and straightforward. If there is still a connection, that answer is simple and straightforward too, but it will likely mean a loss of revenue. Withholding the information that JB still has an ownership interest in these stallions - to increase profit - is not a scenario we find palatable.


    17 members found this post helpful.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Jun. 24, 2006
    Posts
    1,912

    Default

    RW and Aloha are not stallions on my radar (not that they're not quality, not breeding hunters) but if they were...I would also not breed if any of the proceeds would go to JB. But if I was that interested I would ask Ashland privately.

    Unfortunately sometimes answering those questions will invite everyone's drama and opinions on their FB page. I think they're trying to be professional, take the high road, and stand on their reputation. Who knows if that is the right response but I don't really mind unless they won't answer mare owners' private inquiries.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jun. 2, 2009
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    For those worried about Federalist (Faberge), he got out of there quite some time ago. He is safe.


    29 members found this post helpful.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan. 2, 2013
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverbarley View Post
    For those worried about Federalist (Faberge), he got out of there quite some time ago. He is safe.
    Well that's good news and I'm not sure if it was a typo, but someone above mentioned RS was safe "Glad the stallions are in good hands and RS is also in good hands." If true that would be awesome news as well.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Sep. 29, 2003
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    Well that's good news and I'm not sure if it was a typo, but someone above mentioned RS was safe "Glad the stallions are in good hands and RS is also in good hands." If true that would be awesome news as well.
    RS is in the possession of the Marin County Humane Society. So yes, in good hands where he's being fed and cared for, but not a permanent home.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jan. 2, 2013
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTwistedWire View Post
    RS is in the possession of the Marin County Humane Society. So yes, in good hands where he's being fed and cared for, but not a permanent home.
    oops Duh moment, in all the talk of RSF buying him my mind had him back at Jills



  16. #136
    Join Date
    Jun. 11, 2008
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Newest post from the CSHA auction:
    "New addition to the #CSHA stallionserviceauction ALOHA!(Anrit x Aurina by Auerbach) Lifetime Approved Oldenburg NA & owned by Pikturesque Farm, Aloha is approved for breeding with the CSHA. "He has a wonderful jump and stunning hunter movement. His Hanoverian sire Anrit has many offspring in the hunter ring. His first foal crop hit the ground in 2010 and have proven to be successful on the line, especially his 2011 Filly Arbor Day who won best young horse at Devon 2012. Aloha is a lovely stallion with an amazing temperament and we are looking forward to seeing more of his offspring in Canada and the U.S. in the years the come!" Thank you to Sarah Wilson of Piketuresque Farm for making this lovely stallion available in the auction this weekend. Please contact Sarah at Pikturesque Farm for more information pikturesquefarm@gmail.com"
    Last edited by mikali; Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: adding bold to highlight ownership
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com


    4 members found this post helpful.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Feb. 15, 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    7,854

    Default

    Redwine is also listed. Somehow I can't expand the message past "oldenburg NA" re Aloha. It just takes me to Pikturesque Farm website.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Sep. 15, 2002
    Posts
    997

    Default

    For those interested the Canadian Sport Horse Association Stallion Auction is ongoing now. I just confirmed that this is the ONLY stallion auction that both these boys will be participating in this year. The fingers will be flying tomorrow evening when the bidding starts to get hot...fingers at the ready


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Jan. 2, 2013
    Posts
    146

    Default

    well I'm still skeptical until I hear from the new owner's mouth about the horses being sold. does anyone know of Pikturesque?

    having the stallions recorded in USEF under another name would be a nice sign as well.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  20. #140
    Join Date
    May. 2, 2012
    Location
    AIKEN SC
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    having the stallions recorded in USEF under another name would be a nice sign as well.
    Why ?
    USEF is not an ownership database.

    Unless the new owner is interested in USEF Leading Sire, Owner or Breeder lists it makes no difference.
    Fan of Sea Accounts



Similar Threads

  1. Chestnut missing from Ontario, Canada
    By mgarzon in forum Missing Horses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec. 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar. 16, 2012, 02:19 PM
  3. Hay in Ontario, CANADA ...
    By TrueColours in forum Hay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul. 5, 2010, 11:55 AM
  4. Reg. Appendix mare-Kingston, Ontario, Canada
    By Equine Studies in forum Giveaways
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug. 4, 2009, 10:34 PM
  5. Reg. Appendix mare-Ontario, Canada
    By Equine Studies in forum Giveaways
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr. 20, 2009, 07:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •