The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Wow, they have certainly Redwine'd their page, lol.
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

3 members found this post helpful.

Do Ashland Farm have an updated website somewhere? The one I find is in great need to be refreshed.
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

They're both in the CSHA stallion service auction but they each have a different contact person listed.
    http://www.c-s-h-a.org/content/page/...tion-1907.html

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Do Ashland Farm have an updated website somewhere? The one I find is in great need to be refreshed.
    You might be able to find more info at www.horseworld.ca
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    You really struggle with appropriate boundaries, don't you? Since when does it matter what you think in terms of a horse being sold and the deal falling apart? Unless you are directly involved, you really have nothing to say in the matter. The people that crucified RSF for choosing not to go through with the sale have some seriously unusual investments emotionally in the lives of others. For all we know, RSF decided she was sick of the drama and was choosing to no longer involve herself - a very wise woman, if you ask me! And if you think the drama is nonexistent, then you likely need forceps to pull your head out from your nether-regions!
    I don't have to speculate - your posts speak for themselves in regards to this matter. Why do you care what happens or doesn't happen, transaction-wise? The emotional investment in this situation by you and some others is just odd. Why does it matter whether RSF chose not to pursue the sale or not? How are you impacted?
    I've bolded where in fact you do speculate. So tell me, why is that okay for you, but not for others? How does it impact you? I simply stated what was in front of me while others were looking for a conspiracy theory which seemed a bit crazy to me given the circumstances. Let's remember that it was stated that RS had been sold, which obviously was not the case.

Everyone on the original thread had an opinion, many were way off based, there will be many more on this thread that will have an opinion and speculate on what they think is going on. It's a free country last time I checked.

http://www.pikturesquefarm.com/index.htm as found on the CSHA auction has Aloha listed under their Breeding page. "Standing @ Ashland Farms".

Wouldn't it be nice to know when the truth is in fact the truth.

What is the saddest to me is that the breeding community as a whole and these threads are proof; people are suffering from JB PTSD. People are asking questions and being suspicious because THAT is what they have been conditioned to behave like when attempting to associate with her or her business dealings.

It certainly would be nice to be able to judge the horses based on their own merits and not have weigh in their owner as a factor. Is "RS" good for my mare/program would be amazing to get to ask vs "who owns RS,RW etc" because frankly no matter where they stand if she still owns or gets a piece of the pie...not going to touch them and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.
    Last edited by Lynnwood; Feb. 15, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    I've bolded where in fact you do speculate. So tell me, why is that okay for you, but not for others? How does it impact you? I simply stated what was in front of me while others were looking for a conspiracy theory which seemed a bit crazy to me given the circumstances. Let's remember that it was stated that RS had been sold, which obviously was not the case.

Everyone on the original thread had an opinion, many were way off based, there will be many more on this thread that will have an opinion and speculate on what they think is going on. It's a free country last time I checked.
    I am not going to play games with you. As you are well aware, you've been vocal regarding this situation - I simply got tired of your persisting in this matter and wrote about it. Don't try flipping this around - if you choose not to answer why you are so invested in this, that is your choice. I'll not travel rabbit trails with you so that you can avoid answering the initial question.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I don't think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    http://www.pikturesquefarm.com/index.htm as found on the CSHA auction has Aloha listed under their Breeding page. "Standing @ Ashland Farms".

Wouldn't it be nice to know when the truth is in fact the truth.

What is the saddest to me is that the breeding community as a whole and these threads are proof; people are suffering from JB PTSD. People are asking questions and being suspicious because THAT is what they have been conditioned to behave like when attempting to associate with her or her business dealings.

It certainly would be nice to be able to judge the horses based on their own merits and not have weigh in their owner as a factor. Is "RS" good for my mare/program would be amazing to get to ask vs "who owns RS,RW etc" because frankly no matter where they stand if she still owns or gets a piece of the pie...not going to touch them and I don't think I'm alone in that sentiment.
    They have Aloha nominated IHF as well, only I don't see that IHF has him nominated ,,,,unless I missed it somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    They have Aloha nominated IHF as well, only I don't see that IHF has him nominated ,,,,unless I missed it somewhere
    Gee, do you think maybe JillB's check to nominate him maybe bounced?

Yes, I am a cynic. And until Ashland issues a statement that they in fact bought the stallions, I am not falling for it. I would really hate it if it turned out they were just managing the stallions, and funds were still going back to JillB.

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Gee, do you think maybe JillB's check to nominate him maybe bounced?

Yes, I am a cynic. And until Ashland issues a statement that they in fact bought the stallions, I am not falling for it. I would really hate it if it turned out they were just managing the stallions, and funds were still going back to JillB.
    one would hope that anyone new to promoting these stallions would do some fact checking in such a sensitive situation before posting anything

I am not going to play games with you. As you are well aware, you've been vocal regarding this situation - I simply got tired of your persisting in this matter and wrote about it. Don't try flipping this around - if you choose not to answer why you are so invested in this, that is your choice. I'll not travel rabbit trails with you so that you can avoid answering the initial question.
    Everyone that has posted has been vocal about the situation...Why is anyone posting interested? Why are you? Simple answer if you really think about it.

The dealings of JB and the people that have been wronged do affect the horse industry. JB's shady business practices do cast a negative light, whether you are a stallion owner, or a mare owner, or buy and sell horses.

I've stated before that I don't own a stallion, but do own mares that I breed, and do buy and sell horses. I've stated before that I don't have a dog in this particuliar mess, but am in the horse business and have been for over 30 years. So yes, it does affect the industry that I'm a part of.

"One" ought to give Ashland props for not sharing the financial details of the transaction with uninvolved members of the public who do not represent actual potential customers.

I imagine that if you call the contact numbers with a legitimate inquiry about USING Redwine or Aloha, and you have a legitimate reason for wanting clarity on ownership...you will be answered.

Until then...it's all just gossip. You can ask about ownership, but I don't see it as the stallion owner's obligation to answer, and I certainly don't see it as the owner's responsbility to pro-actively update the wording on their websites so that it can be picked apart. I have much more respect for the minimalist approach than I do for the breeders/owners who spend thousands of hours on line detailing every second of every business transaction, and generally revelling in the attention they can get by linking themselves to a controversial issue. The great part about THOSE breeders is that THEY refuse to answer questions too! Except that they are the ones who put the whole sordid story out there for comment in the first place. Remember, these owners did not make any kind of announcement or do a lot of online story-telling to introduce these stallions. Why would they suddenly become active that way with the purchase of two new horses?

Go Ashland farms. Every stupid Facebook question that you DON'T answer makes me MORE likely to consider you an honest, non-insane horse professional.
    Lifestyle coordinator for Zora, Spooky, Wolfgang and Warrior

7 members found this post helpful.

This is awesome for both RW and Aloha.. I am so glad that landed safely..

Now we need safe landings for Federalist and RS..
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rugbygirl View Post
    "One" ought to give Ashland props for not sharing the financial details of the transaction with uninvolved members of the public who do not represent actual potential customers.

I imagine that if you call the contact numbers with a legitimate inquiry about USING Redwine or Aloha, and you have a legitimate reason for wanting clarity on ownership...you will be answered.

Until then...it's all just gossip. You can ask about ownership, but I don't see it as the stallion owner's obligation to answer, and I certainly don't see it as the owner's responsbility to pro-actively update the wording on their websites so that it can be picked apart. I have much more respect for the minimalist approach than I do for the breeders/owners who spend thousands of hours on line detailing every second of every business transaction, and generally revelling in the attention they can get by linking themselves to a controversial issue. The great part about THOSE breeders is that THEY refuse to answer questions too! Except that they are the ones who put the whole sordid story out there for comment in the first place. Remember, these owners did not make any kind of announcement or do a lot of online story-telling to introduce these stallions. Why would they suddenly become active that way with the purchase of two new horses?

Go Ashland farms. Every stupid Facebook question that you DON'T answer makes me MORE likely to consider you an honest, non-insane horse professional.
    sorry but I think the simple question of "are the stallions owned by Ashland" or simply "standing at Ashland" is a question that deserves an answer. In this train wreck of a situation with so many people, clients, potential clients, wronged clients, I think that question would be considered minimal information.

Do we deserve to know how much they paid for those stallions? Nope.

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    sorry but I think the simple question of "are the stallions owned by Ashland" or simply "standing at Ashland" is a question that deserves an answer. In this train wreck of a situation with so many people, clients, potential clients, wronged clients, I think that question would be considered minimal information.

Do we deserve to know how much they paid for those stallions? Nope.
    Agree. As a mare owner , I would certainly atleast consider one of the 4 stallions as a match for a mare. I however do not want to do business with Jill Burnell in any form ..even if its simply her getting funds from a stallion being stood by a 2nd party. So yes the truth about their ownership matters to me and I have the right to question it.
    Last edited by Lynnwood; Feb. 15, 2013 at 01:48 PM.

22 members found this post helpful.

Although the announcement has been removed from RSs FB page, the lawsuit is still listed as active.
    Holly
    www.ironhorsefrm.com
    Oldenburg foals and young prospects
    LIKE us on Facebook!

4 members found this post helpful.

It is also a little weird that two different farms are showing that they are standing Aloha.

Unfortunately, itis what it is. These horses and their unfortunate situation is in the (horsie) national spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Koniucha View Post
    It is also a little weird that two different farms are showing that they are standing Aloha.

Unfortunately, itis what it is. These horses and their unfortunate situation is in the (horsie) national spotlight
    I didn't see a 2nd which one ? I saw Ashland as standing him and according to the CSHA auction, http://www.pikturesquefarm.com/ is listed as his contact. http://www.pikturesquefarm.com/breeding.htm#sample4 That portion of the site still lists him as standing at Ashland , although it is unclear why if Ashland bought him , why Sarah Wilson would be listed as his contact. Perhaps a partnership of some sort ?? #whoknows

As far as I am concerned, their new update
    Ashland Farm wrote: "If anyone is interested in breeding to this guy please email me at ashlandfarm@gmai.com. All reqests for breeding contracts will be sent an EVA infomation sheet as well. All we want to do is service our mare owners to the best of our ability."
    stinks... they are not saying on
    e way or another... makes me think they have something to hide...
    Since I don't intend to breed a mare, even less one to RW or Aloha, I find it very interesting and shows me how stallion owners can "help" each other when there is something in it for them....

15 members found this post helpful.