The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

well well well. i knew this day would come. i have had the unfortunate luck of knowing this girl (i won't call her a trainer) quite well in person since 2005. i can truly say she is the only person i've ever known that i actually despise. the things she has done to me and people i know over the years are pretty much unbelievable. (which is why i won't go into detail here unless asked.) there are videos of her out there using her "devil voice" (tm) "training method" where she SCREAMS at green horses repeatedly during "training," hits horses with implements, rubber necks horses, the list goes on... i have personally watched her fall off a half dead trail horse at the walk when another horse bumped into him. oh, the stories i could tell! suffice it to say that when i heard she was going to try to start a training business when she failed to find other employment upon graduation, i knew it would just be a matter of time before either she, a horse, or both got seriously injured.

whoever picked up on the exaggerations in her posts are spot on...she def lies/exeggerates/over dramatizes everything, including in her personal life. i finally thankfully cut her out of my life forever a few years ago when she tried again to screw me over...and yet she has continued to post old pictures of me/my horses/my ex boyfriends/etc on community sites, contact me, spread rumors about me...the list goes on. i can only hope that a) the poor horse ends up with a real trainer that can handle her, b) no one gets sued, and c) this teacher her that she's NOT all that, she's NOT ready to train, and she goes and get a job that she's qualified for and doesn't involve living, feeling creatures.
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

12 members found this post helpful.

WOW! She really leaves an impression on folks, doesn't she?!

Forget hiding your kids! Hide your horses, your pictures, your LIFE from this train wreck!

She must certainly be the Mamma of all Drama Llamas!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    She must certainly be the Mamma of all Drama Llamas!
    I LOVE this

2 members found this post helpful.

FineAlready, that was right on the money! The 'it looked like she was holding him back and asking him to go forward at the same time, which is practically guaranteed to produce a rear on a horse that has a propensity for it. This went on for some time, and she kept stopping the horse and making it stand in place (again, absolutely WRONG thing to do with a rearer). I just kept wanted to yell - GO FORWARD!' is a great description of how to make a horse rear, even if it does not normally do so.

On the 'not prone to DSLD'/wrong breed comment from (sorry I forgot name), I cannot tell a Paso Fino from a Peruvian Paso and do not know if it really makes a difference in this situation. I do know, from having had a horse with DSLD/ESPA, what a horse with sore suspensories looks like - from whatever caused it whether DSLD or something else. That little Willow has some major hind end problems, and I would not be a bit surprised if that contributes to the lack of a 'forward gear'. Also, the trembling that I saw on the video included a closeup of fasciculations in the shoulder that would have me calling a Vet immediately for a thorough workup for muscle and/or out of whack mineral conditions that could be contributing to that. No way should anyone have gotten on the mare without a full Veterinary diagnostic workup, IMO.
    Last edited by sdlbredfan; Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: typo
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    I don't know how you and Meup managed to spring to life on this planet with perfect horsemanship preprogrammed into you, but Congratulations!! It must be totally fabulous to be perfect!!

All this little lady is doing is sharing her mistakes. If the critics here are human, then y'all have made your share of wicked errors also. I mean, even George Morris didn't know anything at one time..
    I'm pretty sure that when George Morris "didn't know anything" he was not calling himself a trainer and accepting payment for training horses.

13 members found this post helpful.

Well bless your heart, there is so much wrong with that romance novel, I just don't have the energy to respond to every bizarre aspect of it..

O.R. nurses "sneaking" down to see a patient? Honey, nurses don't have to "sneak" around the hospital.

"Squealing" and becoming "teary eyed"? You must have some real flakes in N.J.

It's like bad Twilight fanfic.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.

19 members found this post helpful.

Default I have a question......

Does this thread mean that not many of the cothers in the NJ area will be popping into the hospital to visit this BNT? Nor will they be volunteering to help out at her barn? And both she and her boyfriend can charm cops and doctors and nurses and everyone into doing their will?

Thanks alittlegray, for saving that part of her blog as I'd not read it before. I hope you are out of the hospital until your trip to Johns Hopkins later this month.

Hopefully the horse will end up in some good situation. Too many BNT wannabes either ruin good horses, or destroy problem horses.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    OOhhh.... I read a bit more on her blog. She's eastern European... that explains everything... Where's that video of folks jumping ditches in the snow? Croatia not exactly next door, close enough. But then there's Ireland too. Let's face it, there are plenty of horse cultures out there with Waaaayyyyy different definitions of 'okay' and 'good idea' than we hold in the good ol' USA.

Plenty of folks would just say she's got lots of 'pluck.'
    Wow...seriously, where the hell do you get off, you racist [edit]? Most Europeans treat their horses a heck of a lot better than you lot do. Just goes to show you why the rest of the world can't stand the likes of you; racist, narrow minded and just plain ignorant [edit].
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Feb. 15, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

9 members found this post helpful.

Ruh roh...
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

6 members found this post helpful.

Interesting. I actually didn't read that post as particularly negative. It is common here for people to be impressed with the Euoropean "pluck" and bravery. Just recently there was a thread with pics to a hunt that included crazy scary looking mud and ditches and all I saw was admiration for the European hunt that was doing it. I have often heard that the Irish hunt horses will jump anything, and that has never been a bad thing or negative description. I have also seen people admire the pony jumper riders across the pond jumping tough ponies over good sized jumps.

There may be some differences, but I haven't seen them portrayed as bad, so I assumed pluck is a good thing. I certainly wish I had more of it sometimes. THAT however is totally different than what was happening in the videos from the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Not An American View Post
    Wow...seriously, where the hell do you get off, you racist [edit]? Most Europeans treat their horses a heck of a lot better than you lot do. Just goes to show you why the rest of the world can't stand the likes of you; racist, narrow minded and just plain ignorant [edit]
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Feb. 15, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

11 members found this post helpful.

Ok, so, just to check in...

Now that some of the usual internet minions have appeared to do their usual defense of her horsemanship and practices, and have called me a delusional stalker as per usual, can we look back and see that

1. Other people independently looked through her blog and deduced that the "stories" I was making up about her history were in fact present and accounted for in what she SELF-reported on her OWN blog,

2. Several other completely independent people have looked through the videos SHE posted of her own training techniques and expressed shock and dismay,

AND

3.) Another completely independent person who actually knows her in real life and not just from over yon in Australia has independently verified the real life stalking behavior and reports that this individual is the only person in her life that she actually despises.

Sooooo...
    maybe it's not just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Not An American View Post
    Wow...seriously, where the hell do you get off, you racist [edit]? Most Europeans treat their horses a heck of a lot better than you lot do. Just goes to show you why the rest of the world can't stand the likes of you; racist, narrow minded and just plain ignorant [edit].
    um, Eastern European is not a race of people. Neither are those who live in Ireland. The RACE of these pople is caucasian. Not sure about Croatia--maybe Mongoloids

There is nothing RACIST about Isabeau's comments.
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Feb. 15, 2013 at 02:26 PM.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintedhorizon View Post
    I think this was a little uncalled for. The horse owner is completely not in the wrong here.
    I wasn't trying to imply that the horse owner was in the wrong at all. Sorry you took it that way. The owner got screwed along with horse.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

eye in the sky, your PM box is full.

thank you alittlegray for posting that. i think it speaks for itself!

there are some videos that are still public as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=kJGYtJ4qrTc here's when they tacked her up...yeah, that looks like a horse ready to be ridden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHo3_...layer_embedded rearing on the first day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAiHS...layer_embedded
    "we're only gonna walk today" ya, you THINK?
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

1 members found this post helpful.

This one has me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SsrWbdle6I

I was waiting for the poor horse to slip and fall on the wet concrete floor, snap a leg through the stall bars, or hang himself up over the top.

1 members found this post helpful.

I dealt with a horse with similar issues (although she would bolt instead of rear).

A lot of her issues were associated with the bit, she has a light mouth and was probably reefed in the face a bunch. I found that she moved like a sewing machine with no bend to her legs and shaking in fear with a bit in her mouth while bolting non stop.

I ended up riding her in a halter and leadrope for a few months because I found that without the bit she was more relaxed. When I added a bridle and bit on under the halter but left the reins attached to the halter the fear issues came roaring back even though I didn't have any reins on the bit.

I was eventually able to earn her trust enough to handle her mouth. She was always a difficult horse though.

I think that this horse has a similar issue, especially since the owner rode her in a rope halter without any issues.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    This one has me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SsrWbdle6I

I was waiting for the poor horse to slip and fall on the wet concrete floor, snap a leg through the stall bars, or hang himself up over the top.

OMG. So dangerous and so stupid!!! That horse doesn't have a tying problem, its wicked herd-bound. Address the herdbound, the tying will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    I dealt with a horse with similar issues (although she would bolt instead of rear).

A lot of her issues were associated with the bit, she has a light mouth and was probably reefed in the face a bunch. I found that she moved like a sewing machine with no bend to her legs and shaking in fear with a bit in her mouth while bolting non stop.

I ended up riding her in a halter and leadrope for a few months because I found that without the bit she was more relaxed. When I added a bridle and bit on under the halter but left the reins attached to the halter the fear issues came roaring back even though I didn't have any reins on the bit.

I was eventually able to earn her trust enough to handle her mouth. She was always a difficult horse though.

I think that this horse has a similar issue, especially since the owner rode her in a rope halter without any issues.

I think this is an interesting point^^ the worst fearful rearer I ever worked with had a tremenous amount of fear about his mouth. Real forward, goey type. He wasn't quite as bad as the mare in the blog, but it took me a year to get him to the point where he was fairly rideable and not dangerous.

OOhhh.... I read a bit more on her blog. She's eastern European... that explains everything... Where's that video of folks jumping ditches in the snow? Croatia not exactly next door, close enough. But then there's Ireland too. Let's face it, there are plenty of horse cultures out there with Waaaayyyyy different definitions of 'okay' and 'good idea' than we hold in the good ol' USA.

Dafuq?

Um, Croatia used to be Yugoslavia.
    *I* am Croatian/Yugoslavian.
    Believe it or not, we're perfectly capable of riding well and we're not stereotypically dramatic.
    But thanks anyway.

I do agree that there are plenty of horse cultures out there with different equine outlooks. Usually an improved one.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

3 members found this post helpful.

I think I have made it clear in all my posts that I am a horse mom, not a rider or owner. Therefore not qualified to comment on any of the training.

I have admired meup and her spirit butt for a long time.

Have shederded my own daughter through several hospitalizations over the past 11 years (surgery for scoliosis, plus followup surgery for loose hardware, emergency room visits for fainting and severe stomach pain). The latter two were directly related to her ultimate diagnosis of late onset Type I diabetes.

The descriptions of the hospital experience were just ridiculous. Sorry, it just doesn't happen like that. Not in a for-profit hospital, nor in a not-for-profit children's hospital. Family members are not allowed in the radiation rooms, nurses and doctors don't "sneak around" to visit patients that are not theirs. They barely have time to cover their own patients. And they don't have to sneak anywhere.

I am a former English teacher. I thought the beginning of the blog report about the reasons for horses being at auction was logical and spot on.

BUT, I'm reading along and then the writing style dramatically changes, (beginning with "baby she broke my leg" and continuing on into the hospital scenes). At this point, my old paper grading instincts kick in and I go back and look at the beginning again. When a writer's tone and style changes so drastically mid-stream, it makes you wonder if all of what you're seeing is actually part of the thought process of that writer.

She has 217 videos on her Youtube channel.
    Only part of me worries...the other part doesn't believe in it.
    Wings of Desire