The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Judysmom View Post
    OMG. So dangerous and so stupid!!! That horse doesn't have a tying problem, its wicked herd-bound. Address the herdbound, the tying will follow...
    At first, I thought she was trying to remedy a tying problem, but then read the video description. She was trying to remedy a herd-bound problem! Either way, for whatever reason, yes, it was unbelievably dangerous and stupid. She (and that poor horse) are lucky he didn't mortally injure himself.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    It's that type of litigious crap that is going to destroy the horse industry. Mark my words.
    Much of the horse industry has already been changed by this sort of "litigious crap." Remember when you used to be able to rent a horse to go out on your own on a trail ride? I do. Those horses didn't have the best life and maybe that's an aspect of the horse industry that is best gone, but it's clearly one that disappeared because of liability. Liability insurance rates are obscene, and it's because of sue-happy people who just look for someone they can get money from. I had a student a long time ago who told me her mother made a living suing people. She'd get into an accident, sue, and live off that. I was never so happy to see a client leave!

...and now the videos are private. Quelle surprise.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    This one has me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SsrWbdle6I

I was waiting for the poor horse to slip and fall on the wet concrete floor, snap a leg through the stall bars, or hang himself up over the top.
    Although the video is private now, I believe it is probably the one I was referencing in one of my earlier posts. At least I hope so, because I would hate to think she has employed this terrible method more than once or with more than one horse.

I just ASSumed the eastern european reference was in realtion to the AZG thread. Too bad that one ended up with the horse's demise.

My my, Dom is quite the writer. I'm kind of glad I don't make such a strong impression on all the law enforcement around here. I'd rather they just forget me, since I'm always late for work

Let's seeeeee....."Willow, The Movie". starring ...fill in the blank..
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

2 members found this post helpful.

Just cleared my inbox for those trying to PM me

The videos were posted, and nearly immediately blocked. She's a very busy bee today!
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.
    W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Eye in the Sky View Post
    The videos were posted, and nearly immediately blocked. She's a very busy bee today!
    Wouldn't you? If you had just had a compound fracture of your leg, and your website and blog were getting torn apart after being copied (not by yourself) to COTH, what would you do?

ETA: Legitimate critiques of her methods are one thing, but c'mon, let it go. Maybe she's taken it down because she realized it wasn't a good idea to have it up in the first place?

9 members found this post helpful.

Just one more chiming in - I held my tongue hoping this would just die away, but forget that. Dom is a friend of mine (in real life, not just internetz) and I respect her greatly has a horseperson. In fact, she's a trainer I go to for many of my own horse's issues, and she's helped me with him as well as with other troublesome horses I've needed help with. She made a mistake, and admits it - why can't that just be it? She has plenty of loyal clients and they know the reality behind her training methods and history of success. Many of the things that Christina said in her psychopathic attacking post are downright lies. She has a personal vendetta against this blogger, for whatever reason, and seems to appear out of the blue any time anything comes up that she can jump on.

There is no need to climb on board a bandwagon attacking a trainer based on a partial story and an internet dramaqueen with a personal agenda.

As far as her blog being "me me me" and elaborate storytelling? Well, it's a BLOG. It's a PERSONAL blog. It's a blog about HER. So, why shouldn't she write about HERSELF? And the way she writes is entertaining, humorous, and nice to read. Again, it's a PERSONAL blog. If you don't like it, click "X" and go on with your day.

Personally, I'm disgusted that Christina would go so far as to kick a girl while she's down - so far as to spew lies about her, falsify stories and attempt to bring down a young trainer's growing business. That's opportunistic in the most terrible way, and downright evil.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by makemineadraft11 View Post
    Just one more chiming in - I held my tongue hoping this would just die away, but forget that. Dom is a friend of mine (in real life, not just internetz) and I respect her greatly has a horseperson. In fact, she's a trainer I go to for many of my own horse's issues, and she's helped me with him as well as with other troublesome horses I've needed help with. She made a mistake, and admits it - why can't that just be it? She has plenty of loyal clients and they know the reality behind her training methods and history of success. Many of the things that Christina said in her psychopathic attacking post are downright lies. She has a personal vendetta against this blogger, for whatever reason, and seems to appear out of the blue any time anything comes up that she can jump on.

There is no need to climb on board a bandwagon attacking a trainer based on a partial story and an internet dramaqueen with a personal agenda.

I have no dog in this fight, don't know anyone involved, but the videos that this girl posted speak volumes and tells me it's not a person I would entrust with one of my horses. There were so many examples of poor judgement. A horse that is so distraught that it is shaking did not need a leg thrown over, nor does a horse with multiple lameness and cardiac problems need to be ridden in endurance races.

Give me a trainer who puts the needs of the horse first.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm not an outlier; I just haven't found my distribution yet!

21 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    I dealt with a horse with similar issues (although she would bolt instead of rear).

A lot of her issues were associated with the bit, she has a light mouth and was probably reefed in the face a bunch. I found that she moved like a sewing machine with no bend to her legs and shaking in fear with a bit in her mouth while bolting non stop.

I traded a calm almost dead head mare for a mare that makes me think so much of this mare in the videos. She HATED a bit, she would clamp that jaw so tight it was near impossible to get it in. And then would get light in the front and one time almost stood straight up (this was all within the first 5 minutes or so of riding her) took her back to the trailer and put a hackamore on her. No more problem, happy as a lark in it and goes well (Gaited Morgan) I wont go back to a bit for her.

In fact, the videos I saw on her blog (before she bowed out and made them private) reminded me SO MUCH of my mare! I don't by any means think this mare needs to be put down, I also think someone needs to go back to the beginning and restart her from the ground up. The picture of her on the mare, with both of them looking back at the camera, really made me think of me and my girl now. She had the rope halter on her in that pic.

I didn't start my girl from the beginning, and I knew her issues before hand. But then she didn't quiver and tremble with a saddle on! That would have been a big red flag for me to start her over.

My mare had gotten the previous owner off 3 times and the owner before that once. She was a hard ride, would wear you out and we sometimes would fight the whole trail ride (not fun! And I mean BATTLE. But I saw her potential and stuck it out. Had people say she was crazy, sell her, but I wasn't ready yet), but now, she is good as gold. Will cross and go through anything, ride alone or in a group, lead, middle or follow. I even do cowboy races and camp with her.

I don't think the Paso had a fair shot with her. I think she should have continued along the lines with the halter. I hope someone gets her that can do right by her.
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

Quote Originally Posted by apprider View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, don't know anyone involved, but the videos that this girl posted speak volumes and tells me it's not a person I would entrust with one of my horses. There were so many examples of poor judgement. A horse that is so distraught that it is shaking did not need a leg thrown over, nor does a horse with multiple lameness and cardiac problems need to be ridden in endurance races.

Give me a trainer who puts the needs of the horse first.
    This is a trainer who puts the needs of the horse first, way ahead of her own personal needs.

This is a trainer who had, on multiple occasions, driven almost two hours to voluntarily work with a horse that was deemed too dangerous to ride, and who was going to be euthanized. This is a trainer who, when that horse was sent to Harker's to be "put on the truck", helped me pull all sorts of strings to get him out. That horse, Mr. "Too-dangerous to ride", is now a happy and healthy husband horse out in Texas.

This is a trainer who has rescued multiple horses on her own dime - rehabbing starved ones and ones that needed a safe haven.

This is a trainer who is now being falsely accused of riding her own horse with "multiple lamenesses and cardiac problems", when neither of those accusations are true. Her horse was retired from endurance after a slip on a wet rock in a race caused him to aggravate an issue that remained from his racing days - one that nobody ever knew about. Prior to that, he was never lame, and currently he is completely sound - I'd know, because I rode him two weeks ago. As far as the "cardiac issues" - he has none. He was pulled from a race because an electrolyte imbalance caused a freak irregular heartbeat - he's has yet to repeat that, and has a completely normal and healthy heart.

And now, for Christina to come up and kick her while she's down? Uncalled for. Immature. Evil.

As far as her blog being "me me me" and elaborate storytelling? Well, it's a BLOG. It's a PERSONAL blog. It's a blog about HER. So, why shouldn't she write about HERSELF? And the way she writes is entertaining, humorous, and nice to read. Again, it's a PERSONAL blog. If you don't like it, click "X" and go on with your day.

Personally, I'm disgusted that Christina would go so far as to kick a girl while she's down - so far as to spew lies about her, falsify stories and attempt to bring down a young trainer's growing business. That's opportunistic in the most terrible way, and downright evil.
    Here's the thing: I don't think Meup is trying to "bring down a young trainer's growing business" just for funsies. I looked at the videos before they were removed. They were horrifying! Especially the one with the horse in the cross ties. OMG. I'm sorry, but this girl needs to NOT be training horses! The horses' lives are at risk because of her. I don't know this trainer, and I don't know Meup. But I did watch several of the videos, and what I saw was really, really bad stuff. There was another one where she was lunging a "problem lunger" right next to a tree and the horse nearly slammed into it!

There was, until it was recently blocked, substantial VIDEO EVIDENCE that this trainer was doing very dangerous things with horses. Things that endangered the lives of humans (herself!) and horses alike.

She didn't just make a "mistake" that resulted in her getting hurt. She made the "mistake" of attempting to train horses at all! It would be one thing if her (continuing, repeated) mistakes were just kind of like, "Oh, she isn't really finessing that horse as much as she could," but these are BIG mistakes. Dangerous mistakes. It is instance after instance of making all of the exactly wrong decisions. I just...I really can't believe horses or people have not died because of her "methods" yet.

If you can't see that these horses are in danger with her, then I don't know what to tell you. I guess I would encourage you to find a REAL professional to work with. I can't even tell you what kind of throwdown would be had if I EVER walked into a barn where my horse was living and found any horse about to kill itself on the cross ties like that. HOLY COW.

Again, I DO feel very badly that she was injured. And, frankly, I could not give a rat's behind about whatever she wants to write in her blog, whether or not it is dramatized or not, etc., etc., etc. But I watched videos that she had up of herself ON HER TRAINING SITE as examples of horses she "helped" and they were just freakin' awful and dangerous. I can't stop thinking about that damn cross tie video. Anyone who really thought THAT was a good idea should not be training any horses and should in fact be trying to find someone to teach THEM about basic safety around horses.

Oh my.

19 members found this post helpful.

a safe haven.

This is a trainer who is now being falsely accused of riding her own horse with "multiple lamenesses and cardiac problems", when neither of those accusations are true. Her horse was retired from endurance after a slip on a wet rock in a race caused him to aggravate an issue that remained from his racing days - one that nobody ever knew about. Prior to that, he was never lame, and currently he is completely sound - I'd know, because I rode him two weeks ago. As far as the "cardiac issues" - he has none. He was pulled from a race because an electrolyte imbalance caused a freak irregular heartbeat - he's has yet to repeat that, and has a completely normal and healthy heart.

And now, for Christina to come up and kick her while she's down? Uncalled for. Immature. Evil.
    Please note who brought up the lameness history and cardiac problems.

Not me.

Whoever apprider is, they must have come to that information the same way I came up with all of my "lies" -by READING THE BLOG.

Other people who read the blog commented that my "lies" were independently findable IN THE BLOG.

There are several people who have independently read the blog and poked around in her web presence and come to their own conclusions. I did not start this thread, I did not post the link to the blog, I did not post any videos and several pages of this thread have progressed entirely without input from me. They're not all alters I created over the course of several years and thousands of posts worth of posting histories, they are INDEPENDENT PEOPLE who read the blog for themselves.

When several people read a blog and INDEPENDENTLY start reporting the same stories... what does that tell you? They aren't lies they were RIGHT THERE IN THE BLOG.

When SEVERAL PEOPLE can read a blog and watch videos and come up with the SAME CONCLUSIONS, ....think about what that means.

It's not just me.
    Last edited by meupatdoes; Feb. 15, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

11 members found this post helpful.

The house guests are here! Opps, I just used my alter by mistake. Oh well, still relevant. The house guests have appeared. While the videos are blocked, the views showed some really dangerous behavior.....by the trainer, not the horses.

Not defending meups here. I know she is controversial, but didn't she once live in NYC and then Texas and now upstate NY? So she knows the "trainer" IRL, so I think I'll "heart" her here, as the now demised untidy rabbit (no relation) did on another thread.

I just wanna know where that perfect guy, Mike is. He is always there for the trainer, even in the X-ray room. I guess now they don't have to worry about that pregnancy issue since he got zapped by the rays? (Oh, bad bunny! Just throw me back into the briar patch, please.) I do feel sorry for any horse that this Dom has "trained." Mine would have freaked out, but not reared. but then, she'll never get near my horses. Even people like me who aren't trainers know not to let our horses get treated badly. One cother tried to take over one of my horses. She would have ruined him like she's done so many others.

ETA Outting bad trainers and outting bad people causes the baddies and their followers to attack people, both IRL and on the net. But it has to be done. Let people watch the videos and read the blog and see for themselves. shutting down the blog and the videos makes us all think gee, what does she have to hide?

14 members found this post helpful.

We saw the videos. Enough said.
    Join the Clinton 2016 campaign...Hillary For America. https://www.hillaryclinton.com/

10 members found this post helpful.

Videos were disturbing and dangerous. Certainly not something I'd post as proof to my "skills". Hopefully, this is a wake up call for this young "trainer" and she will re-think what she is doing.

On the topic of the lack of health insurance and people saying personal life insurance is not affordable that is nonsense. If she can afford $80 breeches she can afford some sort of insurance. I'm a young person too and I wouldn't go without it.

I wish a speedy recovery for her.

4 members found this post helpful.

what $800 breeches does she have!? I didnt know $800 breeches even existed
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by wcporter View Post
    what $800 breeches does she have!? I didnt know $800 breeches even existed
    Eight-zero. Not Eight-zero-zero. I didn't see anyone post $800, but if they did, it was a typo.

Hermes makes some nice riding pants. On ebay for about $600.00, so retail might be $800.00. Homeowner's insurance may cover the $80.00 pants. But not the training issue.

This is a trainer who puts the needs of the horse first, way ahead of her own personal needs.

This is a trainer who had, on multiple occasions, driven almost two hours to voluntarily work with a horse that was deemed too dangerous to ride, and who was going to be euthanized. This is a trainer who, when that horse was sent to Harker's to be "put on the truck", helped me pull all sorts of strings to get him out. That horse, Mr. "Too-dangerous to ride", is now a happy and healthy husband horse out in Texas.

This is a trainer who has rescued multiple horses on her own dime - rehabbing starved ones and ones that needed a safe haven.

You know, maybe she did save a horse at Harkers from being "put on the truck", and maybe she has saved multiple horses on her dime, maybe her horse is retired and not having cardiac issues any longer.

The point is, the video's speak volumes about her training capabilities. Sure she loves horse, I do too, and love to be around them, I do to. But she isn't a capable trainer, and neither am I.

There is a difference between loving horses and doing what you can to help-- and another from offering training when you are incompetent to do it, and ruin the horse. I know that difference, that's why I help and not train, I could ruin a horse. She is ruining horses. She likes to spin tales and make great before and after videos. It's the in between the before and after that matters.

I went through the blog and watched video's before she made it private. I watched one where she was lunging a saddled young horse. That horse was kicking out at her and kicking out at her, shaking his head and just generally disrespectful! I would not have tolerated that but for a few strides then it would have stopped! Instead she's laughing and saying he would make a good cow horse, look how he fakes a left then goes right! Ha ha!

Yea--- um no.
    Last edited by Chardavej; Feb. 15, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling error...
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

7 members found this post helpful.