The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DieBlaueReiterin View Post
    although i know you (saw you around the shows a bunch of times when i showed) you don't know me AT ALL. you have no idea how many times i have posted about her, how many people i've told/warned about her, or what i've been through with her. i have been trying to save the world from this person for a long time, probably longer than you've even known of her. so until you know all the facts, keep your expletive ridden opinions to yourself.
    Yes. The point exactly. Anonymous and ineffective. And now appearing to be nasty jerks attacking an injured person.

If you are so hell bent on 'saving the world' from her, then you could have started your own blog and called things out for how you saw them.

Something like this http://snarkyrider.com/ with your name front and center on the first page.

But attacking her at this time completely undermines your credibility. You may not like that, but that is how it looks to some of us.

3 members found this post helpful.

that's fine, if i come off like a jerk to you, then don't listen to me, and go put your horses in training with dom. somehow i doubt you will ever do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    Yes. The point exactly. Anonymous and ineffective. And now appearing to be nasty jerks attacking an injured person.

If you are so hell bent on 'saving the world' from her, then you could have started your own blog and called things out for how you saw them.

Something like this http://snarkyrider.com/ with your name front and center on the first page.

But attacking her at this time completely undermines your credibility. You may not like that, but that is how it looks to some of us.
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

thumbsuphosemanship.com gets a thumb's down for her training.
    As lolalola posted, maybe this incident will cause the injured woman to change for the better of horses and herself. Hopefully she won't have permanent injuries from this fall.

Everyone who outs someone on coth, it appears, gets attacked by others for doing so. It's not whether you are right or wrong, apparently, it's whether someone else has a beef with you. I don't know if it is jealousy or resentment or what. But the people attacking posters for stating what they know about the trainer are not addressing the videos and the blog. When someone says something that she IRL knows about someone, it is relevant.

Going to a barn not your own and leaving items for another is kind of weird. And the videos do speak for themselves. Along with the blog which was self-promoting. All public at the time, and fair game for anyone to critique.

Here's hoping the trainer, no matter what her origin (we have a lot of native born crappy "trainers" all over the USA), will learn from this accident and change her ways. The horses and their naive owners deserve better.

11 members found this post helpful.

And just to clarify, since it's come up a couple times, yes, she is of Polish descent, but she's been in America since she was two years old. She does so love to use the tale of how she "escaped communist Poland" as a way to show how brave and hardcore she is, conveniently leaving out the fact that it was her parents that were "escaping" for a cushy job and she was just a lap child at the time.
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

5 members found this post helpful.

Is there a Cliff Notes version to this thread?

4 members found this post helpful.

Beginnerish rider turned trainer.

Bad career choice.
    Brothers and sisters, I bid you beware
    Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
    -Rudyard Kipling

16 members found this post helpful.

Thread Cliff Notes:

Woman (trainer) got hurt. Blogged it. Blog had videos. Videos showed lack of horsemanship. COTH went boom. Friends "to the rescue."

Which brings you to about page 8, at least ;-)

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    And also, I'm sorry, but on her training site, there is a horse named "Greg" that she apparently worked with on cross tieing behavior. There is video of him cross tied in a stall on what appears to be a bare, wet concrete floor. The horse is rearing and thrashing and is lucky he didn't lose his life. There are a lot of ways to address poor cross tie behavior, but this is probably the worst and most horrifying method I have ever seen.

At one point in the video, you can hear her say "what have we learned?" And then immediately he goes straight up and almost gets his front hooves over the top of the stall. It really is bad horsemanship.

I'm very sorry to be pointing things like this out about a person who just suffered a very bad accident, but I felt like I needed to mention it in case anyone here might think it would be a good idea to send a problem horse to this young woman. I'm sure she probably means well, but I can't believe no horses have been killed yet while she has been working with them.
    Amen.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    Is there a Cliff Notes version to this thread?
    Hmmmm. A college worthy Cliff Notes edition would be nice. Let's see -

Background: horse trainer for 'difficult horses' creates a blog. Writes well in conversational, detailed, and very entertaining style. Blogs on her training methods, each horse, and results for said horses. Includes videos and pictures in each blog. Has 400 "followers" reading blog.

COTH reader finds blog, reads latest entry about trainer's severely broken leg from rearing/flipped over highly neuorotic rescued Paso Fino. COTH reader horrified by posted videos in blog that show a badly terrified horse. COTH reader creates thread and posts blog with videos. Other COTH readers click on link and express horror and/or sympathy. Many COTH readers feel trainer should not be training. Other COTH readers disagree. Thread battle ensues. Enemies of trainer come out of woodwork to sling arrows into battle. Battle heats up between 'she's-a-fraud-not-a-trainer' camp and the 'poor-trainer-without-insurance-give-her-some-sympathy-for-goodness-sake' camp. Original COTH poster now feels guilty and pulls link with an apology. This only adds fuel to fire as other COTHers want to see and form their opinion. Another COTHer posts link, and train whistles are heard as increasing numbers of COTHers weigh in. Train whistles become louder as the trainer's friends (NOTE: or houseguests - sometimes it is hard to tell) make an appearance to yell at all COTHers for being trailer trash (or thereabouts). Thread becomes a free for all. One COTHer finds out subject Horse apparently has now been removed to a certified trainer for this breed, giving sense of relief to many COTHers. Train whistles louder as popcorn starts flying as well as mirade opinions on trainer's other methods. Blog posts are suddenly poofed. Videos are poofed. Blog reappears, then is poofed seconds later. Blog is made private. Videos now private. Fuel added to fire. Copy of blog posted on thread. Mod removes it. Popcorn continues to fly. Trains crash as houseguests/friends fight post to post with trainer's enemies and various COTH regulars. COTH regulars fight among themselves on whether trainer is Satan's daughter to the horse training world... or not. 5 tons of popcorn consumed. Untold gallons of boxed wine as well. Many COTHers settle in to watch entertainment. Thread still ongoing even in the face of vanished evidence.

But you would need to have read the blog entry to understand the crux of the thread. If you didn't read it before it went poof, PM me. You can borrow my copy.
    Last edited by pdq; Feb. 16, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

31 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by pdq View Post
    Hmmmm. A college worthy Cliff Notes edition would be nice. Let's see -

Background: horse trainer for 'difficult horses' creates a blog. Writes well in conversational, detailed, and very entertaining style. Blogs on her training methods, each horse, and results for said horses. Includes videos and pictures in each blog. Has 400 "followers" reading blog.

COTH reader finds blog, reads latest entry about trainer's severely broken leg from rearing/flipped over highly neuorotic rescued Paso Fino. COTH reader horrified by posted videos in blog that show a badly terrified horse. COTH reader creates thread and posts blog with videos. Other COTH readers click on link and express horror and/or sympathy. Many COTH readers feel trainer should not be training. Other COTH readers disagree. Thread battle ensues. Enemies of trainer come out of woodwork to sling arrows into battle. Battle heats up between 'she's-a-fraud-not-a-trainer' camp and the 'poor-trainer-without-insurance-give-her-some-sympathy-for-goodness-sake' camp. Original COTH poster now feels guilty and pulls link with an apology. This only adds fuel to fire as other COTHers want to see and form their opinion. Another COTHer posts link, and train whistles are heard as increasing numbers of COTHers weigh in. Train whistles become louder as the trainer's friends (NOTE: or houseguests - sometimes it is hard to tell) make an appearance to yell at all COTHers for being trailer trash (or thereabouts). Thread becomes a free for all. One COTHer finds out subject Horse apparently has now been removed to a certified trainer for this breed, giving sense of relief to many COTHers. Train whistles louder as popcorn starts flying as well as mirade opinions on trainer's other methods. Blog posts are suddenly poofed. Videos are poofed. Blog reappears, then is poofed seconds later. Blog is made private. Videos now private. Fuel added to fire. Copy of blog posted on thread. Mod removes it. Popcorn continues to fly. Trains crash as houseguests/friends fight post to post with trainer's enemies and various COTH regulars. COTH regulars fight among themselves on whether trainer is Satan's daughter to the horse training world... or not. 5 tons of popcorn consumed. Untold gallons of boxed wine as well. Many COTHers settle in to watch entertainment. Thread still ongoing even in the face of vanished evidence.

But you would need to have read the blog entry to understand the crux of the thread. If you didn't read it before it went poof, PM me. You can borrow my copy.
    Bravo!!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

My kids are now wondering why I can't stop laughing. And yes, while I missed seeing the blog and videos, I did get to read the copied blog post here. It was indeed a classic.

Thanks for the lovely recap pdq!

OMG, PDQ, that was priceless!

Gotta love the defenders who are blind to the videos and blog.

You forgot the drinks. And no one has asked for recipes yet.

but at least 3 house guests appeared, I think? Not a record, though. One still has to wonder why the defenders don't care about the safety of the horses involved in this training. If old thumbsup had been named parelli, there'd be few defenders. maybe the N****t method wil replace the parelli method as the most despised training method?

2 members found this post helpful.

Good summary pdq.
    However I wish you had included the argument over the acoustics of horses shoes on rubber vs cement flooring, and, that there was someone who seems to believe that Ireland is in Europe..

Not bad pdq, but you left out the borderline racial (Mongoloid) slurs and debate over Eastern European vs. rest-of-the-world training techniques

Other than that, nice job!
    "I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy. My reality is just different from yours."
    ~Lewis Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    Good summary pdq.
    However I wish you had included the argument over the acoustics of horses shoes on rubber vs cement flooring, and, that there was someone who seems to believe that Ireland is in Europe..
    Um...Ireland IS in Europe. It is not on the Continent, but it is part of Europe.

It is part of the UK no?

Quote Originally Posted by skydy View Post
    It is part of the UK no?
    No. Ireland is not part of the UK.

Ireland is in Europe. (As is the UK).

LOL

Uh, Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. This thread just gets weirder and weirder

To be clear, Northern Ireland (northeast most corner of the Emerald Island) is part of the UK. The Republic of Ireland is independent and takes up the rest of the island. Though, these days it is more complicated than that, there is a section of that island that is considered part of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobold View Post
    Uh, Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. This thread just gets weirder and weirder
    Yes, NORTHERN IRELAND is in the UK.

IRELAND is not.