The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default looking for the right stallion

I am planning on breeding my 7 yo Holsteiner mare this year. She is by Quantum (quidem de revel/cor de la breyer). She is a strong, talented, powerful and athletic mare. She is on the smaller side (just under 16hh), but well built. She is quiet and easy to handle on the ground, but definitely not easy undersaddle. She is an alpha mare, who is very intelligent and brave. These traits don't necessarily make her an 'amateur/junior's' horse because she is always challenging her rider. She will be showing in the 1.2-3m jumpers with me this year, with scope to go bigger in the future. She has no concerning conformation flaws. I would love stallion suggestions for this mare. I like this mare's temperment, although sometimes difficult undersaddle, because I think it helps with her competitiveness in the show ring. However, I would not want to breed her to a stallion who throws difficult offspring. I'm not concerned with the size the stallion throws either, as I am not big. I want a stallion who throws talented and conformationally correct jumpers.
    I am not in the financial position to buy a horse of the caliber I am looking for. I was lucky find this mare as an unbroke 3 yo, and brought her along with the help of my coach/trainers. She is sound. I don't have any breed preferences, so I'm open for any suggestions. I'm not familiar with what stallions are out there.

Could you post a photo or video and a complete pedigree?
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Yes what is her breeding on the dams side?

Check out Navarone. Throws impeccable characters for jumping and all the super characteristics of his sire Jus de Pomme. You can register the foal with the KWPN. He has offspring winning international Grand Prix's and eventing.

Kathy
    Majestic Gaits-Dutch Warmbloods,#1 USEF Dressage Sporthorse Breeder. #1 KWPN-NA Jumpers.Standing Navarone,Schroeder,Dante MG.VDL Frozen. Approval KWPN Han OLD RPSI BWP Canadian SWANA sBs SF Holst

Yup let's hear more of her pedigree....
    Hyperion Stud, LLC.
    Europe's Finest, Made in America
    WWW.HYPERIONSTUD.com
    Standing Elite and Approved Stallions