The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Our stallion Just a Devil has been throwing some very nice sport horse babies. His first foal, Lucky Devil, is being ridden by Lauren Kieffer and just moved up to Intermediate last spring. All of the youngsters we have started have proven to be great jumpers. Visit our website www.cedarbrookfarm.com.
    Thanks,
    Shannon

2 members found this post helpful.

He's super cute, is he quiet? A good mind is the most important.

1 members found this post helpful.

He is very quiet. I have had lower level riders on him and he is a saint. He should have been named with the Halo line of names! I have even had my daughter on him and she is now only 8. I believe the first time she rode him, she was 6 years old.
    Devlin(Just a Devil) is now weaning his son and he is the best dad ever! http://http://s163.beta.photobucket.com/user/cedarbrookfarm/media/2013-02-03115058.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
    Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    PM KBEquine, Carlisle, PA she stands several TB stallions including Canadian Kid who I believe sired an IHF champion. Super nice people.

Also Harry the Hat stands in PA as well.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Kid does fit the description - but he is 23 this year, so his book is very limited. I would 2nd Virginiabred's recommendation of Fun and Fancy Free, and have always been a fan of Castle Magic and his offspring, for what it is worth. The first horse I bred for myself was out of a Castle Magic mare. [Maybe I should find a Fun and Fancy Free mare & try to breed another 'my next horse'!]
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

Wow Default is really lovely.. great pedigree too..
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

Virginia and North Carolina, Parrothead Clique!

Viney, Phyllis Jones and Robin Mellon have been in this business a very long time, and I would take a look at anything they stood, website or no website. They pre-date that sort of marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Viney, Phyllis Jones and Robin Mellon have been in this business a very long time, and I would take a look at anything they stood, website or no website. They pre-date that sort of marketing.
    I second Anne's recommendation. They know their horses. I have a 21yo Castle Magic mare that I would clone if it wasn't so stinking expensive and I have a 5yo Castle Cove gelding. Both very quiet, sensible horses. Love my TBs.
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!

I would kill for a Rock Point baby. I came thisclose to buying a mare in foal to him at the F-T mixed sale several years ago.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Gee, Sing Mia Song, if mine doesn't get pregnant this spring I'll give her to ya! LOL!

Seriously though she was a great show horse and she has already given me one ridiculously nice foal! I had no idea my mare was by him when I got her. She was given to me a few years ago as her then teen owner wanted a WB not a "crappy" TB! Wish he was still around!
    Check us out on Facebook at EVER AFTER FARM

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Oh, I know that. But not publicizing to the world the breeding success of very nice TBs for sport is one of the things that has "killed" the breed. There are so few TBs who have generations of sport bred descendants, and when one is searching for a stallion, actually finding them needs to be easy with good contact information. Word of mouth doesn't help people in New York or California or Mississippi; and since there are so few TBs showing these days at Upper Levels, even show word of mouth would tend to be very local.

That's certainly how the Blue Murmur line got lost.

That's another thing that American Breeding needs: a reputable, publicized, non-registry, central site that would work like the registry sites for stallions.

Quote Originally Posted by equisusan View Post
    I second Anne's recommendation. They know their horses. I have a 21yo Castle Magic mare that I would clone if it wasn't so stinking expensive and I have a 5yo Castle Cove gelding. Both very quiet, sensible horses. Love my TBs.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire