The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default What kind of dog do I have?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7937536...7632747870153/

What is everyone's best guess? Mine is a jack russell terrier because I think she looks closest to one, and for the most part she acts like one. But she is so long in the body I sometimes think dachshund is in the mix too. However, someone cropped her tail - and that brings me back to a jack russell. But her coat is every color under the sun, and there's not the preponderance of white that most JRTs have.

And keep in mind we are in Lancaster County. Also known as capital of backyard breeders and puppy mills who like to play the game - "let's fiddle with as many breed combinations we can possibly dream up".

We got her from the county shelter 5 years ago where she came in as a stray. She is my heart dog.

i wouldn't think she was anything but a wire haired Jack if I saw her. Alot of Jacks have a good bit of brown/black. That long bodied, short legged look is what alot of breeders/buyers want rather than the long legged kind. There might be something else in there, but I wouldn't doubt she was all Jack.
    Kerri

Agreed, I would think your pup was all jack. My trainer has one very short legged jack that looks really similar in build.
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

yep, long haired Jack of the shorty variety - ie AKC would call her a Russell Terrier while JRTCA would call her a Jack Russell Terrier. She has more color than is acceptable for standards - that happens. She is really cute.

I'm going to disagree with the other and say she's 100% Adorblest Mostest Loved Dawg.

She does look like a Jack or Jack cross, your love for her shines through in that first photo. Good for you for finding and caring for that wee girl.

1 members found this post helpful.

She'd make a good Jigsaw Puzzle dog.

StG

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the group-think.

Threedogpack- that was a sweet thing to say! She is utterly adored -we can't keep our mitts off her for more than 5 minutes and she just soaks it up. The first picture was actually Mr. Vwbug, he was fetching her back from under the boat dock where she chased something small and furry. Just for fun I added two of my favorite pictures of Tinsel and myself.

So the general consensus is JRT. Interesting...!

zomg, adorable!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

[QUOTE=VWBug;6833489] Just for fun I added two of my favorite pictures of Tinsel and myself. [QUOTE]

wait

Tinsel? Her name is cute too?!

edit: the photos of both of you and Tinsel are so cute! The love just shines on through!

every dog should be so loved.

That picture in the leaves is beautiful.

No telling what she is, other than clearly "a" terrier.

Wonderful dog, that is what she is.

Lots of short-legged JRT in there plus who knows what else? Maybe Yorkie? But that would require something bigger again to balance out... hmmmm. No idea! But undeniably special. I love the look on her face in the pic with the Weimeraner, and in the one with the spilled flower pot!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

No idea what breed she is, but she is really cute ! Love the pictures ! She looks like a little bundle of energy