The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Default Spruce Meadows--need hotel reccomendations, please!

My trainer and a group from our barn will be heading up to Spruce to spectate in the fall--they need a good hotel (not too much $$ but not a dive, either) that is convenient to the show. Anyone have recommendations? They are trying to nail down plans now, before we get busy with our own show season.
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

The super 8 and the Wingate are the closest but book up very quickly. We lucked out one year and found a house to rent for the week in one of the complex's nearby, unfortunately my friend organized that so I'm not sure how we did it. Probably any hotel on the south side should be close enough, since you guys are only spectating you won't have to be there at 5am anyways! Have fun, it really is the most amazing show.

http://www.travelocity.ca/lodging-d2...spruce-meadows

Ya, the super 8 (and wingate) is really close and it's a decent place with a pool w/ waterslide. Right near to a lot of shopping (grocery, food places, walmart, canadian tire) and movie theatre, right near Horselife (nice horse store). If you mean to watch the Masters (the only big show there in the fall) I would definitely book it asap as that is the biggest show there of the year and it will fill up quick.

Our group has stayed at the Holiday Inn Express when we go for the summer shows. Easy drive to Spruce, shopping/restaurants around it, nice breakfast! I have always been treated well by the staff there & we stay for several weeks at a time so it's a little home away from home.

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...mt/hoteldetail
    "I'm not crazy...my mother had me tested"