The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Brogini Boots - two thumbs up

I just received a pair of Brogini boots, the company that also makes DeNiro boots.

They have a number of foot/height/calf size combinations, including wide calves, short heights, and tall heights. My calves are short and wide (GM's ideal I am not!) and I have never, ever found off-the-shelf boots that fit. I was lucky enough to get a pair on sale that happened to be my exact measurements for 83 pounds (100 before VAT was removed).

Shipping from the UK was 50 pounds and took less than a week, which brought my total for these these boots to just over $200. A steal! Yes, I know they are dress boots and have a square toe, and neither of these things are the current norm in the hunter ring. When the trend of dress boots reaches my area in a couple years I'll be ahead of the curve.

I also ordered a pair of zip paddock boots, which look very serviceable. Those came out to $53. Shipping on the tall boots may have been less if I hadn't ordered the paddock boots.

I was about to order a new pair of customs, but there is no need to now. The leather is soft - probably not as soft as DeNiro's, but not as expensive, either. Can't wait to ride in them!

www.brogini.com

I've been debating ordering a pair from them too. Anyone have any experience with this model—http://www.brogini.com/product_detail.cfm?id=2132 ?

I'm anxious to see how they drop for you. I am debating on ordering a pair. I am hesitant because I almost wonder if they'll drop to be too short! I never thought THAT could be possible on my leg!

Yes, please say how they wear. Also if you wouldn't mind saying what you measure and what you bought for size that would be great. boots all seem to fit differently. I've measured to fit into boots before but there was noooo wayyyy they were going on
    Thanks!

Well, the left boot fits perfectly. The right boot, which I didn't try on earlier in the day, doesn't zip comfortably. Not sure if my leg swelled in the afternoon or if it's just a little bigger than the left, but dropping a few pounds or stretching the leather a bit should do the trick.

I wear a size 8 shoe, have 16 1/2" calves, and the height to the back of my knee is 16".

I ordered size 38, xxw calf of 42cm, and short height of 41cm. It's possible they will drop more than is ideal, but the Spanish tops are high enough that they won't look stupidly short if they do.

My custom dressage boots feel like total stove pipes in comparison to these - I can't see wanting to wear them again, even if it is for dressage. In the meantime, until I can get the right one zipped, I'll wear the paddock boots with my half chaps.

1 members found this post helpful.

why is the square toe not kosher in the hunter ring? To me at least, it's barely noticeable. is that really something that would count off in a class?

Quote Originally Posted by equinekingdom View Post
    why is the square toe not kosher in the hunter ring? To me at least, it's barely noticeable. is that really something that would count off in a class?
    I doubt it considering the Monaco's have a square toe...

You may be my new best friend for posting these!!!

Quote Originally Posted by equinekingdom View Post
    Most new boots have a square toe, so not sure why the OP thinks it's strange.

Square toes and dress boots are becoming more and more popular in the hunters and eq.
    .אני יכול לעשות הכל על ידי אלוהים

Oh how exciting, they've got my weird size in the style I want! Might get these for myself for my birthday... fingers crossed my trusty old pair will last that long!
    I've heard there's more to life than an FEI tent and hotel rooms, so I'm trying it.

Oh, this is a great find!!!

OP lives in BFE where it's still field boots with round toes that are usually seen.

Dress boots, square toe, and plain toe cap were the trifecta of features I wanted - the gods of luck were smiling on me.