The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

One fall, I pulled out a dark blazer, that I had used in spring, for a show coming up. In one pocket I found a baggy full of fuzzy filet mignon. Have I mentioned how much I love Ziplock?
    You are what you dare.

Ewww!!!
    Quarry Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    I'm guessing that she WAS a paid handler, because she wasn't announced as the owner or breeder - just as "handler so & so from Nova Scotia".
    Agree, it was a very - um - interesting outfit. She must have been going for the Viking look - surprised she wasn't sporting a helmet with horns.

And I could have sworn they said "breeder/owner/handler", but maybe I am thinking of another dog. I could confirm if I could locate a handler list - breeder/owner of the BOB NE was M Nicole Casevechia.

1 members found this post helpful.

And I was impressed that the Afghan Hound had a donut tail! Seems like more than a few top Afghans from past years barely had a curve in their tail.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Agree, it was a very - um - interesting outfit. She must have been going for the Viking look - surprised she wasn't sporting a helmet with horns.

And I could have sworn they said "breeder/owner/handler", but maybe I am thinking of another dog. I could confirm if I could locate a handler list - breeder/owner of the BOB NE was M Nicole Casevechia.
    http://www.infodog.com/RESULTS/20131...2370127400.HTM

not sure which dog won but you can cross reference the catalog number...

Never mind - this is better: http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...breed=norwgnek

Breeder and owner are the same...and no agent listed on the infodog site so I'll assume breeder/owner/handler....

Edited again to add -- she bred and owned the BOB and the BOS. Not too shabby. If you click on the BOS picture I think that is her handling (same outfit maybe?)

But then, none of the dogs are listed with an agent or handler, & they certainly weren't ALL being handled by their owners/breeders.

And "Best in Show" isn't determined until tonight, so which pic are you looking at? I don't see any pics with handlers for the "Best of Breed", & she didn't win "Best of Group" (the American Foxhound did). Maybe I'm missing it?

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post

Here is the video. The Elkhound is at 19:32. David Frey did say she was the breeder/owner/handler.
    http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...13/vid:2625302

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    dog beauty pageants are disgusting. Dogs bred to be displayed in this fashion lose their health, temperaments, original breed look, and original breed functions. You should be ashamed to "cheer on" this travesty. Real dog lovers cry after watching their favorite breed(s) ruined by this "sport", they don't cheer it on.
    Umm, some us have breeds which do both. A friend has Brittany spaniels with titles on both ends. I know countless performance titled corgis with conformation points or titles. My obedience bitch is out with a handler at the moment. A dog related to mine went BOB for corgis.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacardi1 View Post
    But then, none of the dogs are listed with an agent or handler, & they certainly weren't ALL being handled by their owners/breeders.

And "Best in Show" isn't determined until tonight, so which pic are you looking at? I don't see any pics with handlers for the "Best of Breed", & she didn't win "Best of Group" (the American Foxhound did). Maybe I'm missing it?
    The infodog site lists the agent if they have one.

BOS is Best of Opposite - she bred and owns both the Best of Breed and the Best of Opposite. If you look at the Breed Judging page on the Westminster site there is a win photo. Here is the BOS photo - I think that might work to bring it up directly:

http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...P38658102.html

All I can say is that if I bred and owned the breed and opposite winner I guess I might go on TV in my favorite outfit too....haha...ok maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by Sail Away View Post
    Here is the video. The Elkhound is at 19:32. David Frey did say she was the breeder/owner/handler.
    http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...13/vid:2625302
    Thanks! So she was her own worst enemy after all.

I am so pumped about this evening! I've been watching livestreaming non stop.

I think the BIS ring is going to be packed with some amazing dogs. I love the mix we have so far. Banana Joe came out on top of the toy group (although I have to say that I was hardcore favoring Classie) along with Honor who not surprisingly won the NS. In contrast, Bugaboo had a VERY nice class dog of theirs come out of bred-by for the group beating out Rumpus Bumpus. I hope that we have a few more big dogs like Oakley make it in along with some up and coming dogs.

Anyone else freaking out about how awesome the terrier class will be tonight??

I've seen the Russell Terrier go in person several times before (including two rBIS) and he is a total showman. Maya unsurprisingly won the border class. She's gone BIS twice in January alone so I wouldn't be surprised to see her do well. The Cairn Terrier belongs to an acquaintance of mine and is handled beautiful by Armando Morales. The two work very well together and I think they can hold their own. Sky the wire fox has been nearly unstoppable and the Skye Cooper was either the number one or number two for the breed in 2012.

My bet is for the Russell, Border, and Skye for group placements and I really hope that either the Cairn or MS gets in there as well.

Bacardi1: If you are a dobie fan you must watch! Fifi took the breed and she is truly the most breathtaking thing that I have ever seen. She commands attention and is such a showstopper. She went BBE BIS at Eukanuba and the energy in that place when she first entered the ring was unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by S1969 View Post
    The infodog site lists the agent if they have one.

BOS is Best of Opposite - she bred and owns both the Best of Breed and the Best of Opposite. If you look at the Breed Judging page on the Westminster site there is a win photo. Here is the BOS photo - I think that might work to bring it up directly:
    http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...P38658102.html

All I can say is that if I bred and owned the breed and opposite winner I guess I might go on TV in my favorite outfit too....haha...ok maybe not!
    Just goes to show you how much I know about dog shows - lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLikeRain View Post

Bacardi1: If you are a dobie fan you must watch! Fifi took the breed and she is truly the most breathtaking thing that I have ever seen. She commands attention and is such a showstopper. She went BBE BIS at Eukanuba and the energy in that place when she first entered the ring was unreal.
    Unfortunately, we're going out tonight, so I'll most likely miss all or most of it. But we'll be recording it to watch later!! Can't wait to see the Dobie. It would be nice to have one in the running for Best In Show again.

I used to get a kick out of watching Crufts. I loved the country housewife, who bathed the dog, threw them in the Range Rover, tossed on a tweed jacket, and went to the show. I imagine that that image was probably wrong, but I liked thinking it was how it happened.

When I adopted my Min. Schnauzer I noticed that he watched tv along with me. So when Westminster came on I was sitting there telling him "Look at all of your relatives". You never saw such a look out of a dog in your life. I think he thought I was nuts.

I still like the great stories behind some of the owners, and their dogs.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Oh, "The Fifinator" is so stunning!!! GraceLikeRain, yes the Terrier Group is going to be awesome! Gives me goosebumps to see so much quality at one time! We will be at our final "Heeling and Attention" class tonight so will have to rush home to get in position to watch!

LOL, I finally saw "The Outfit". I swear I saw some deerskin flapping around. Well, it got her the breed!
    There are some really nice dogs there this year. My breed never wins anything so I'm rooting for the Dobe.
    You are what you dare.

Quote Originally Posted by GotGait View Post
    There are some really nice dogs there this year. My breed never wins anything so I'm rooting for the Dobe.
    Did you see the Vegas odds of Best in Show for each breed? Mine is almost the least likely to win -- 600 to 1 odds. So, I'll be rooting for someone else...have to say I love Oakley. But I'll judge the full group by how they look since I don't know much about any of the individual dogs.

http://www.visitwynn.com/documents/w..._show_odds.pdf

Have to say that the WKC did a great job on Facebook building excitement for the event and keeping us up to date on winners...

My breed is first in the ring, 8pm sharp or we'll miss it. Have to be ready early!

Have fun watching everyone!

I also have to admit that, unlike past years, we really enjoyed the "I Can Be Great" dog videos interspersed in the commercial breaks. And also that the commercial breaks were blissfully short.

Quote Originally Posted by S1969 View Post
    Did you see the Vegas odds of Best in Show for each breed? Mine is almost the least likely to win -- 600 to 1 odds. So, I'll be rooting for someone else...have to say I love Oakley. But I'll judge the full group by how they look since I don't know much about any of the individual dogs.

http://www.visitwynn.com/documents/w..._show_odds.pdf

Have to say that the WKC did a great job on Facebook building excitement for the event and keeping us up to date on winners...

My breed is first in the ring, 8pm sharp or we'll miss it. Have to be ready early!

Have fun watching everyone!
    My favorite breed never wins either but I'll still root for it. GO GORDON!!!!!!

1500-1 Shiba Inu. I keep hoping they will get moved out of Non-sporting (where they don't belong) where they have to compete with Bichons and Poodles. I was so hoping the breed re-org would go through and they'd be with the other spitz breeds, but it got shot down.
    You are what you dare.