The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Does Equibase not track Arab trainer stats?

Take a look at this trainer:

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...e=T&eID=262588

Take a look at his current results.

He's had two other first place finishes in the last few months.

He's only run Arabs since the end of the Arapahoe Park meet in August, where he ran a couple of Thoroughbreds, but his barn was mainly Arabs.

The only explanation I can come up with for his stats is that Equibase does not actually TRACK Arab racing stats for trainers? Does anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    The only explanation I can come up with for his stats is that Equibase does not actually TRACK Arab racing stats for trainers? Does anyone?
    "Equibase. Your Official Source for Thoroughbred Racing Information"

I think their slogan answers your question.

And they also track and report on Quarter Horse and Arab racing.

I get reports of Matt Glover's racing Arabs. They even show his recent win with an Arab under "results" on that page I just linked. And one of his other racing Arabs has a win reflected under it's totals, while that same win is not reflected under the trainer totals: http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...174&registry=A

So I guess the answer is just no, they don't archive Arab racing results by trainer?

Does anyone know where I can view a trainer's complete record, including Arab races?

What little experience I have had with equibase (race office work), they do not track anything that isn't official works or parimutuel starts.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

Arab racing IS parimutuel. It's not like they only run on brush tracks. We ran all sorts of non-TBs all summer at Arapahoe (Arabs, QHs, Paints....maybe even some Appaloosas?) and now this particular trainer is down at Sam Houston running Arabs.

If you look at the various links above, you'll see that Equibase is reporting on Arab starts, and seems to track at the HORSE level. I can have Arabs in my stable watch and get emails about their works and races. Their W-P-S record is complete and their results seems to be inclusive. That does not seem to track to trainers, which seems a little odd.

What we ran into was no lines or stats for TB, QH and Paints that ran at 'starter' meets before hitting the mutuel meets. These are short meets complete with purses but no mutuels and all that could be pulled was the previous year's lines, the rest were added by hand - horse's name, start date, finish and dollars earned, if any and we had to rely on the honesty of the trainer and the ability of the charter who usually scrawled in times, etc. Mutuels also has nothing to do with size of purse and length of meet or even stakes races for that matter. No Arab racing here at that time so my feeble and confused efforts didn't extend that far.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles