The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Red face New Family Member!

Well, having put our Boxer girl down last Monday, Mom and Dad just couldn't wait to get a new dog, which honestly shocked me, but I suppose to each his/her own. They went yesterday afternoon to look at a dog from Petfinder and came home with who we're calling Max. Six years old, Cocker Spaniel with the curliest hair I've ever seen, I assume there's a little Poodle in him Bounded right into the house and plopped down on the couch and made himself at home Oh, and enjoyed my pizza crust, so I think he and I are going to get along juuuust fine I've always said there was a spaniel-sized hole since our first Cocker, Buddy passed, so I think maybe we'll alternate spaniels and Boxers

And yes, of course I brought PICTURES!
    http://s207.beta.photobucket.com/use...rm/library/Max
    Quarry Rat

He's just adorable! I wish you, your folks and Max a very happy life together.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Little booger had a holy fit when I put him in the kennel to sleep, so I gave in and he got to sleep in bed with me. He kicks in his sleep! Likes to snuggle his stuffed toys too, it's just too cute! He needs a proper grooming though, they bathed him yesterday and 'set in' all the mats, so maybe next week or so we'll get him a spiffy new 'do
    Quarry Rat

Congratulations! Your family obviously has lots of love to share. Well done to your parents for not waiting too long!!

Good! Doors shut and windows open and critters that need a break can come in! Good for your folks and congrats on a cute addition!

Soooo cute!! He sounds like he has a big fun personality, too!
    My parents and myself have always been the type to jump right back into ownership, but the new pets have never felt like "replacements" because their personalities have all been so different... though it is kind of helpful on that front when it's an entirely different breed, i think (getting one standard poodle right after the other passed was OK as the second one was still young, but his mannerisms and movement/gait gave us some sad pangs as well, remembering the old guy. But memories are kinda nice too).
    Enjoy your new buddy!
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)

The little guy just cracks me up. He's made it abundantly clear that he prefers the cushy life. Mom said he spent all day yesterday rotating between the couch, recliner, and bed I was home a little late last night and he waited up for me on the couch and then trotted off to bed with me, cute little thing! I'm glad we got him, I was missing the click-click-click on the floor
    Quarry Rat

He looks like a cockapoo to me! My parents have two, they have great personalities and definitely like to lounge around all day. He is adorable, enjoy him!